Official 2015: In Season trade Rumor/speculation thread (Lakers related only please)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 214, 215, 216  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:41 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
nash wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Well Russell will be our point guard for the next decade or so.

I think it's ok tanking for a couple of years, but do you really believe in 10 years of tanking?

I'd wait for a dozen of 8 assist games before I call someone the PG for the next 10 years. Let the boy prove he can be a better distributor than K.Marshall before making bold statments.

Says a guy whose username is nash. How many yrs it took nash to be decent?

I was a pretty good player, but I'm 42, my knees aren't that good anymore, I got a bad back LOL!

You have to give Russel at least a couple of years before you can call him our PG for the next 10 years or a bust. One thing I'm sure, he is not physically ready, I think this is his major problem right now. His stroke looks good, the shots will start falling.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:33 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
It isn't a bold statement, it has been made by the Lakers as well. And there are many more stats to measure a good PG by than assists.

Notice the trend here, all Clarkson jockers r only care about stats

obvious you dont watch clarkson and just hate on him
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:36 pm    Post subject:

cKPayasoLoco wrote:
clarkson is easily our best player and we want to trade him???
It's mind boggling for them to even suggest it. If Clarkson was on the Spurs with Pop or playing under Carlisle he would be an all star. Lakers are holding him back and he's being treated like the middle child.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:40 pm    Post subject:

I don't think they will need to pay Clarkson 22 M a year, but looking at a guy who may average 15/4 a game, with potential to average a bit more if he's the main PG, I think you're looking at around 12-14 M a year starting.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:55 pm    Post subject:

I'd pay Clarkson around 13 million per year. He's been our most consistent player this year on the offensive end, over Randle, Lou, Kobe, and Russell. He does need to improve defensively, but he's shown flashes of applying good pressure on the ball defensively.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:19 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:
It's mind boggling for them to even suggest it. If Clarkson was on the Spurs with Pop or playing under Carlisle he would be an all star. Lakers are holding him back and he's being treated like the middle child.

Right, Clarkson is going to play over Parker, Green, Manu or Kwahi? Do you realize that this is a team game and that the Lakers are doing what they think is best for the team? And I like how they are developing the young players. Clarkson is nowhere near good enough to be an all star at this point. Hopefully in the future. And as for trading him (or Russell or Randle or Brown or Nance), if it makes the team stronger long term, you do it.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:20 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
I don't think they will need to pay Clarkson 22 M a year, but looking at a guy who may average 15/4 a game, with potential to average a bit more if he's the main PG, I think you're looking at around 12-14 M a year starting.

I think that is pretty much where the negotiations will go. 4 years, $64 mil and give him an opt out after 3.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:35 pm    Post subject:

which mod threw this thread in trade discussion?

so we can talk about 16 FA even before summer but not trade rumors in 2015? smh
matigol
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:51 am    Post subject:

Any chance that we can trade Bass or someone for Jason Thompson ?

He ist a good rebounder and defends the perimeter well for a big. Could be our backup center. Gets dnp's en masse in
Dilla_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:00 am    Post subject:

Do you think Warriors would trade Thompson for Bass? I'm doubtful.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:12 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
which mod threw this thread in trade discussion?

so we can talk about 16 FA even before summer but not trade rumors in 2015? smh

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:12 am    Post subject:

How about Bass for KJ McDaniels? KJ can't shoot, but would be a nice athletic defender.
omzzzzz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:52 pm    Post subject: Trade idea with Philly

If the Lakers end up keeping their top 3 pick this year and IT'S NOT #1 OVERALL, I think they should call Philly and see if they can trade the pick straight up for Okafor, and maybe even make the 2017 pick they owe them unprotected. I know I'm getting way ahead of myself here, but isn't that what LG is all about?

Sure would be nice to have a collection of Okafor, Randle, Brown, Clarkson, and Russell. (not to mention Larry Nance Jr.)
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Trade idea with Philly

omzzzzz wrote:
If the Lakers end up keeping their top 3 pick this year and IT'S NOT #1 OVERALL, I think they should call Philly and see if they can trade the pick straight up for Okafor, and maybe even make the 2017 pick they owe them unprotected. I know I'm getting way ahead of myself here, but isn't that what LG is all about?

Sure would be nice to have a collection of Okafor, Randle, Brown, Clarkson, and Russell. (not to mention Larry Nance Jr.)

Oak/Randle defensively would be a disasteR.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Trade idea with Philly

yinoma2001 wrote:
omzzzzz wrote:

Oak/Randle defensively would be a disasteR.

I want to avoid Okafor like the plague. Even if we had Ibaka I would not want Okafor.
:Worthy Mamba Magic:
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:24 pm    Post subject:

I suggested it in another post. Here's 2 scenarios I think would help the Lakers tremendously.

Kings trade:
Willy Cauley-Stein
Darren Collison

Lakers trade:
Lou Williams
Julius Randle

Lakers trade:
Bass
Kelly
2nd rounder

Mavs trade:
Justin Anderson

The Mavs trade is a tough sell and I don't know what our pic situation is like. I've thought high and low about the team structure and what we need and weapons. I think WCS and Russell and Clarkson is deadly. Brown and Anderson are both versatile and good defender that can play 2/3. We shed all the bums on this team and become a team
With options everywhere

PG: Russell, Collison
SG: Clarkson, Anderson
SF: Kobe, Swaggy, Brown
PF : Nance, Black
C: Hibbert, WCS

Illiterate's could read the literature in my scriptures...
nolookpass
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Aside from the young guys, I also believe that Williams is our most valuable trade asset (hate that term for a human being). If I were Mitch and the alarm rings on 15 December I would call the Rockets and offer them the reigning 6th man along with Kelly for old friend Ariza. Last time we traded for Ariza early in the season turned out pretty darn well. Now, the Rockets do it because they get legit bench scoring behind Harden which they lack plus another floor stretcher for Coward and insurance should Motiejunas not return from injury. The Lakers instantly become way more balanced and competitive this year and can give Kobe at least a respectable farewell. They also create a roster spot for Upshaw by the way.

Russell Huertas
Bryant Clarkson
Ariza Young MWP (Brown)
Bass Randle Nance
Hibbert Black Sacre (Upshaw)

The fallback option (which is actually more cap freindly for next summer) would be to swap Williams for Mayo. The Bucks could very well use the 6th man of the year for their playoff hopes and the Lakers get a proven combo guard with solid defense and an LA guy. In this case I would try to trade Kelly for a second rounder to some team.

Russell Huertas
Clarkson Mayo
Bryant Young MWP
Bass Randle Nance
Hibbert Black Sacre

You see that I start Bass, the reason being that I want to groom Randle into that Odom role off the bench, especially should the Lakers get a dominant forward like Durant next year.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Houston Rockets trying to trade Ty Lawson

Quote:
When the Houston Rockets acquired Ty Lawson this past summer, they thought they were getting the final piece to pull them closer to an NBA Championship. Instead, the team has been an unmitigated disaster and look primed for being on the version of implosion if things continue to fall apart in Houston.

http://fansided.com/2015/12/01/nba-trade-rumors-houston-rockets-trying-trade-ty-lawson/
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:24 pm    Post subject:

Almost Trade Season In The NBA

Quote:
As the NBA enters the quarter mark of the season, several NBA teams are starting to ponder the direction they are headed and some teams have already started sniffing around the trade market. The problem with trades at this point in the season is that a large chunk of NBA rosters are still under trade restrictions involving the players signed as free agents this summer. However, on December 15 – roughly two weeks from now – those restrictions will be lifted and the unofficial trade season in the NBA will begin.

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-am-almost-trade-season-in-the-nba-2/
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:59 pm    Post subject:

nolookpass wrote:
Aside from the young guys, I also believe that Williams is our most valuable trade asset (hate that term for a human being). If I were Mitch and the alarm rings on 15 December I would call the Rockets and offer them the reigning 6th man along with Kelly for old friend Ariza. Last time we traded for Ariza early in the season turned out pretty darn well. Now, the Rockets do it because they get legit bench scoring behind Harden which they lack plus another floor stretcher for Coward and insurance should Motiejunas not return from injury. The Lakers instantly become way more balanced and competitive this year and can give Kobe at least a respectable farewell. They also create a roster spot for Upshaw by the way.

Russell Huertas
Bryant Clarkson
Ariza Young MWP (Brown)
Bass Randle Nance
Hibbert Black Sacre (Upshaw)

The fallback option (which is actually more cap freindly for next summer) would be to swap Williams for Mayo. The Bucks could very well use the 6th man of the year for their playoff hopes and the Lakers get a proven combo guard with solid defense and an LA guy. In this case I would try to trade Kelly for a second rounder to some team.

Russell Huertas
Clarkson Mayo
Bryant Young MWP
Bass Randle Nance
Hibbert Black Sacre

You see that I start Bass, the reason being that I want to groom Randle into that Odom role off the bench, especially should the Lakers get a dominant forward like Durant next year.

What would Houston do for a starting SF?

Would Houston have problems with the Hard Cap doing that trade?

How does adding another Iso player in Lou lessen the frustration the Houston players have with Harden's tendency to Iso?

I haven't seen anything about Motiejunas having a setback in his recovery - rehab. Do you have a link to a story about that?
paolomagma
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:39 am    Post subject:

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2015/12/10/report-bucks-make-lightly-used-big-miles-plumlee-available-via-trade/

Miles Plumlee anyone?
I think he would be a decent fit. He's athletic and mobile. Decent PnR big who knows how to roll.

Do we have anything to offer the Bucks?
Bass? Young? Black?

I could see us moving Black.

Kelly, Huertas, Sacre have no value. There's no point in offering them to other teams.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:42 am    Post subject:

Miles Plumlee would be a good fit.

Which means Byron wouldn't play him.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:08 am    Post subject:

paolomagma wrote:
http://nba.nbcsports.com/2015/12/10/report-bucks-make-lightly-used-big-miles-plumlee-available-via-trade/

Miles Plumlee anyone?
I think he would be a decent fit. He's athletic and mobile. Decent PnR big who knows how to roll.

Do we have anything to offer the Bucks?
Bass? Young? Black?

I could see us moving Black.

Kelly, Huertas, Sacre have no value. There's no point in offering them to other teams.

I was suggesting Bass for Plumlee too.
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:03 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:

Right, Clarkson is going to play over Parker, Green, Manu or Kwahi? Do you realize that this is a team game and that the Lakers are doing what they think is best for the team? And I like how they are developing the young players. Clarkson is nowhere near good enough to be an all star at this point. Hopefully in the future. And as for trading him (or Russell or Randle or Brown or Nance), if it makes the team stronger long term, you do it.

Never understand why people kept mentioning the Spurs and JC.

Spurs play team basketball, JC does not, hence the reason why man posters here would prefer Russ over JC, even though JC has better stats.
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:08 am    Post subject:

Might sound crazy, but Lance is in the market.

With the right people around him, Lance would be perfect 2 guard next to Russ. He is still only 25 and the Clippers are shopping him...

He can defend, hit the outside shot and really bring a touchness our team needs...

He's a huge risk, but also a huge reward and at this point, we need to take chances at players in order to improve.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 214, 215, 216  Next
Page 6 of 216
Jump to: