Clippers have post game locker room blowup after loss to Raptors
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:58 pm    Post subject:

lets beat them on Xmas!
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Everyone was expecting a 38 year old Paul Pierce to solve that team's lack of clutch play. So far, he's averaging five point on 32% shooting. And he never even had an Achilles tear.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:07 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Everyone was expecting a 38 year old Paul Pierce to solve that team's lack of clutch play. So far, he's averaging five point on 32% shooting. And he never even had an Achilles tear.

Ya it's pretty hilarious. Pierce is more done than any old fart in the league. I called that all 3 of their bench pick ups would really disappoint. No way they're true contenders for the west. That will be the Warriors, Spurs, and Thunder. Even the Rockets have more upside
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:21 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Ya it's pretty hilarious. Pierce is more done than any old fart in the league. I called that all 3 of their bench pick ups would really disappoint. No way they're true contenders for the west. That will be the Warriors, Spurs, and Thunder. Even the Rockets have more upside

And thanks to DeAndre, their cap space is shot for the next four years. Too bad he didn't demand a five year max contract.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
composite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:28 pm    Post subject:

Worthy42 wrote:
They remind me of the Kings during the Lakers 3peat era.

Those Kings were infinitely better. The WCFinals were really the NBA Finals back then and the Kings were a whisker away from winning it all in '02. Then in 03 they collapsed because of the Webber achilles tear. But they were great.

These Clippers aren't even close. They couldn't even get past Houston last year and practically gave away that series.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:09 pm    Post subject:

Worthy42 wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
Worthy42 wrote:
Cp3 and Reddick are the only 2 players on that roster with an IQ higher then the highest jersey number on that roster.

Blake is average in that department but the rest of the roster is brain dead.

Aside from that they're mentally fragile in big games and any signs of adversity they wilt and crumble.

Early in the season but if they don't get over that they'll be another big disappointment like they've been the past few season.

They have never played championship level defense. It's much harder to win big games and big playoff games when a team relies so much on outscoring the competition. The Lakers had that issue before Phil Jackson became the head coach. And unfortunately for the Clippers, Phil and Kobe aren't going to save them.

They have shown it. They aren't consistent with it throughout an entire big game.

They showed it last year when they battled tooth and nail to defeat the Spurs. They showed it early in the Rockets series before they collapsed. They've shown it in both meetings vs. the Warriors before... again collapsing. Mentally weak teams can't get over the hump of getting by supposed 'rivals' in big games.

They remind me of the Kings during the Lakers 3peat era. Or the Blazers during the 'JailBlazers' era.

No sympathy for chest thumping Clipper fans of the past few seasons, but they're team is going the same fate as those previous teams mentioned. They're getting older, their core is getting fed up with the same results. We're less then 20% into this season and they're starting to implode already.

To me, a team doesn't play championship level defense unless they are consistent with it. It's a sign of mediocrity if a team occasionally looks really good and at other times looks much worse. And having Crawford out there in big moments doesn't help. I thought they would have gotten rid of him and that would improve the defense.

The lack of championship defense is why the Clippers haven't won 60 games and haven't advanced to the conference finals.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:17 pm    Post subject:

CBaller8 wrote:
They won't win anything with CP3. Awesome regular season player. Nice stats. Trade him now.

Blake Griffin is the best player on that team and he looks even better this year which is one reason why I'm surprised they are struggling.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:24 pm    Post subject:

Clippers, Houston and Memphis all going through same thing IMO.

3 contenders who are just older and fed up with having to work so hard during the RS only to lose in the playoffs. They want the playoffs now. There's severe complacency going on.

It's going to be hard to fix.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:42 pm    Post subject:

Matt Barnes was a good fit there. He was a decent 3 and D guy for them plus he's always been good at moving without the ball. Wes Johnson looks just like the Wes Johnson we all know. Camped out in the corner and practically invisible.

You can see age is creeping up on Jamaal Crawford. Lance and Smith have been a busts so far.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:20 pm    Post subject:

May they never win anything and move to Seattle asap.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:23 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
CBaller8 wrote:
They won't win anything with CP3. Awesome regular season player. Nice stats. Trade him now.

Blake Griffin is the best player on that team and he looks even better this year which is one reason why I'm surprised they are struggling.

He still doesn't have the clutch gene yet. You watch him in close games and its all nerves for that guy thats why he fumbles and loses key possessions.

Crawford is getting burn only when Reddick is out, he's the one that usually is in their closing lineup but he can't avoid injuries. They're a much better team with Reddick then Crawford out there.

Biggest problem for them now is still the bench. They thought they solidified it with the mercenaries they brought in but it hasn't worked out yet.
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:41 pm    Post subject:

27 wrote:

Please. Let this be true. If they move back to Seattle I might start liking them a bit
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:42 pm    Post subject:

27 wrote:

Please. Let this be true. If they move back to Seattle I might start liking them a bit
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Worthy42 wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
CBaller8 wrote:

He still doesn't have the clutch gene yet. You watch him in close games and its all nerves for that guy thats why he fumbles and loses key possessions.

Crawford is getting burn only when Reddick is out, he's the one that usually is in their closing lineup but he can't avoid injuries. They're a much better team with Reddick then Crawford out there.

Biggest problem for them now is still the bench. They thought they solidified it with the mercenaries they brought in but it hasn't worked out yet.

i don't see griffin can ever be a true clutch guy. i don't see how any non-shooter can be a clutch guy.
unless we're talking about clutch rebounds, steals, etc. (I don't mentally think about those things as clutch, i'm more into clutch being a scoring thing). and in this new nba, if you're not a elite shooter, i don't see you being clutch. so blake will never be clutch. doesn't mean he won't be handy in clutch situations, just that he's not going to make many more of those glory shots like that one 3 he made.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Obviously the problem is their selfies at Staples Center isn't big enough....
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:47 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
Worthy42 wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
CBaller8 wrote:

i don't see griffin can ever be a true clutch guy. i don't see how any non-shooter can be a clutch guy.
unless we're talking about clutch rebounds, steals, etc. (I don't mentally think about those things as clutch, i'm more into clutch being a scoring thing). and in this new nba, if you're not a elite shooter, i don't see you being clutch. so blake will never be clutch. doesn't mean he won't be handy in clutch situations, just that he's not going to make many more of those glory shots like that one 3 he made.

Blake's a way better perimeter shooter today then it seems you last watched.

He's not clutch yet... and he just exerts to many minutes throughout the game and can never finish.

No clue why Doc doesn't just go two man with Blake/Cp3 to close out close games. It's usually Crawford ISO's when he's out there or Blake ISO's where he gets late doubled teams and loses the ball. It's predictable as hell.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:48 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Obviously the problem is their selfies at Staples Center isn't big enough....

SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:32 am    Post subject:

rest for sure, Deandre Jordan wasn't one of the guys involved. his scary a** probably hiding under a table weeping
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: