WE WANT LUKE WALTON THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
novadolla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:20 pm    Post subject:

lol I remember when folks used to call Luke, Puke Walton, man times have changed, geesh
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:24 pm    Post subject:

The next Phil Jax
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:24 pm    Post subject:

novadolla wrote:
lol I remember when folks used to call Luke, Puke Walton, man times have changed, geesh

On the floor he was pretty pukey. His basketball IQ though was never in doubt.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:55 am    Post subject:

paymonM wrote:
yes, I really see Luke leaving a potential dynasty in GSW to come to a lakers team that has the 2nd worst record in the league and is run by a dysfunctional FO .....

Except he would be coming here as a head coach and not as an assistant on GSW. That's like saying why did Alvin Gentry leave the Warriors to coach a Pelicans team with nobody but injury prone Davis? Or why the defensive coordinator from the Seahawks last year to coach last year's awful Falcons?

It's called a promotion.
Shaolin's Finest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:26 am    Post subject:

novadolla wrote:

I remember people bashing him for his play on the court, but pretty much everyone knew he was smart and had a future in coaching if he wanted it.
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:32 am    Post subject:

novadolla wrote:

They'd start calling him Puke again right after the first loss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:21 pm    Post subject:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2594823-luke-walton-named-western-conference-coach-of-the-month-details-and-reaction

DO IT MITCHELL
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:29 pm    Post subject:

Are we even sure that Golden State wants Steve Kerr to return at this point?

With the way that Luke has been coaching, they might just buy out Kerr and make Luke their HC.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:34 pm    Post subject:

Getting Luke last summer would have been ideal. There will be competition for him. Watch out for Morey.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:38 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
Getting Luke last summer would have been ideal. There will be competition for him. Watch out for Morey.

Lakers have the edge is hiring Luke. He's already been on our Dfender coaching staff and is apart of the Laker family.

If he wants to be a head coach next year, all we need do is offer him the right salary. We have the edge.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:38 pm    Post subject:

Luke would pick us over the friggen Rockets all day every day. His manhattan beach home is waiting for him.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:40 pm    Post subject:

As soon as Kerr comes back, hire Luke but don't tell Byron. Then when Byron goes to put his key in his office door he'll find that his key no longer works. While he stands there crossing his arms in confusion, Luke and Mitch walk out of the office with champagne in hand while laughing at Blockbuster.

Offer Luke Kobe's old contract. Whatever it takes.
Number 7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:51 pm    Post subject:

Maybe we should focus on getting good assistants? They do most of the work anyway.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:02 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2594823-luke-walton-named-western-conference-coach-of-the-month-details-and-reaction

DO IT MITCHELL

DO IT!!! MAKE THE VISIONARY MOVE, FRONT OFFICE!!
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:19 pm    Post subject:

Any coach over Byron. Scott Brooks is a HOF coached compared to him. I'll take Thibs, Walton, or Brooks.
chains
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: WE WANT LUKE WALTON THREAD

Lakers_Jester wrote:
If there's something that became very obvious last night was how well coached the Warriors are in the X's and Os department and how behind the curve we are. So much iso and forced action versus the Warriors picking us apart with aggressive defense and free flowing premium ball movement. Pace and space was in full display and if there was ever an open man u better believe the Warriors found him and got the best possible shot more often than not. Whether it's forcing princeton sets, forcing passes (dlo), forcing drives (randle), forcing isos (jc, young). We need to teach our youngsters now how to play the right way.

Luke always had that ball movement mentality even as a player. He's got chips as a player and assistant coach and is now getting some good experience as hc. Most of all he's been able to learn what it takes to win in today's nba over there in gsw along with Jerry west another former laker legend. I'd love to see him come on down and join jerry wests son Ryan west in bringing us back into contention the new school way.

Way to early to start calling Luke the second coming. He is coaching a team that just won the championship and they are pissed cus everyone was disrespecting them. The problem with GS is that they may burn out by the All Star game. All this energy being expended from going late into June, and now trying to win every game. It takes a lot out of u. Not saying Luke is not a good coach, but its yet to be seen. I wanna c him coach under duress in a tied playoff game. That's how u earn ur stripes my young LGers. Lets not get a hard-on this quick for this guy.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:02 pm    Post subject:

If Luke coaches us I'm eating his BBQ every weekend.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:24 pm    Post subject: Re: WE WANT LUKE WALTON THREAD

chains wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:
If there's something that became very obvious last night was how well coached the Warriors are in the X's and Os department and how behind the curve we are. So much iso and forced action versus the Warriors picking us apart with aggressive defense and free flowing premium ball movement. Pace and space was in full display and if there was ever an open man u better believe the Warriors found him and got the best possible shot more often than not. Whether it's forcing princeton sets, forcing passes (dlo), forcing drives (randle), forcing isos (jc, young). We need to teach our youngsters now how to play the right way.

Luke always had that ball movement mentality even as a player. He's got chips as a player and assistant coach and is now getting some good experience as hc. Most of all he's been able to learn what it takes to win in today's nba over there in gsw along with Jerry west another former laker legend. I'd love to see him come on down and join jerry wests son Ryan west in bringing us back into contention the new school way.

Way to early to start calling Luke the second coming. He is coaching a team that just won the championship and they are pissed cus everyone was disrespecting them. The problem with GS is that they may burn out by the All Star game. All this energy being expended from going late into June, and now trying to win every game. It takes a lot out of u. Not saying Luke is not a good coach, but its yet to be seen. I wanna c him coach under duress in a tied playoff game. That's how u earn ur stripes my young LGers. Lets not get a hard-on this quick for this guy.

Have you seen Byron coach? It is literally impossible for Luke to be worse.

To top it off, ownership will likely only hire a former laker or a retread.

Luke Walton is our only chance at a quality coach. Thank God he looks VERY promising as a HC. The time to poach him has arrived. Don't be naive or too picky. If he wants a HC job next season he WILL get offers. The time to strike is now.

Don't be scurred my dude
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:25 pm    Post subject:

Luke Walton named NBA Coach of the Month despite being 'winless'
Quote:
Luke Walton has more NBA Coach of the Month awards than official wins.

The Golden State Warriors interim coach was named the top coach in the Western Conference for October and November on Tuesday after leading the team to a record 19-0 start in place of the injured Steve Kerr.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14266781/golden-state-warriors-interim-head-coach-luke-walton-eligible-awards-not-credited-wins

NBA.COM
Quote:
Walton has led the defending champion Warriors to the best start in NBA history at 19-0. The Warriors lead the NBA in scoring at 115.3 points, and enjoy the largest point differential in the league at 15.4 points. Walton is in his second season on the Warriors' staff, and previously served as a player development coach with the NBA D-League's Los Angeles D-Fenders during the 2013-14 season.

http://www.nba.com/2015/news/12/01/cavaliers-david-blatt-and-warriors-luke-walton-named-coaches-of-month/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpts
pickleweed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:26 pm    Post subject:

I'd never imagined a point where I'd want Luke on the team, and kobe off of it.......but, well, here we are.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:27 pm    Post subject:

LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEE!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:54 pm    Post subject:

I was singing Luke's praises after MDA was gone, too many posters did what they are doing now, not looking at the big picture and wanting the "safe" choice. Well we see what safe brought.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:15 am    Post subject:

Give me Luke and sign the best assistant coaches to full head coach salary. Make it happen, enough is enough
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:22 am    Post subject:

I'll admit I was very wrong in doubting Luke's ability as a HC. I would honestly make him my no. 1 priority this offseason. We seriously need someone that's in for the long haul. Enough name chasing.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:33 am    Post subject:

A young ex player coach with a high bbqiq, why not?????
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 15 of 34
Jump to: