OFFICIAL ANTHONY BROWN THREAD - (WAIVED - p49; WAIVED AGAIN - p65)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:22 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
What this team needs are more guys who UNDERSTAND they are role players and not the main attraction. I'm talking to you Mr. Louis Williams.

Listening to Byron, I actually think it's that dunderhead that's having Lou "go to work".

He thinks he's got a Chris Paul/Kidd out there.

"Well, he puts them up, ergo he has fire. Russell passes, thus he doesn't have fire".

I agree, I think Lou envisioned playing about 10 minutes per half and putting up 4-5 shots per half. If he had planned on being a backup PG I think he would have asked for more money.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:16 pm    Post subject:

kids a baller dont know why he gets no PT. his shot is $$$
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:36 pm    Post subject:

cKPayasoLoco wrote:
kids a baller dont know why he gets no PT. his shot is $$$

Such BS! (Pun intended)
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:02 am    Post subject:

He needs a little seasoning. This d-league stint will help him out I think. He'll be allowed to throw up air balls (think he had two last night) and turn over the ball without being yanked right away.

He's not a gunner either -- as I seen him move the ball a few times.. not something you can say much about Vander Blue and Manny Harris at times lol.

He's not ready yet, I don't think. He's much more closer to sooner than later though. No need to bring him up to the main roster.. let him get as many reps down in the D-League as possible.

I actually have high hopes for him. He can put the ball on the floor and do other things than just shoot. He could end up being a very valuable role player (if not more) in the future.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:18 am    Post subject:

AB stat line last night

14 POINTS 6 REBS
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:42 am    Post subject:

Brown needs to emulate Klay.

Would be awesome
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:50 pm    Post subject:

He's got a beautiful stroke, but what I like about him is his potential defensively. I'm really hoping that he embraces a defensive stopper mentality. I see him effective against the Klay Thompson, and other 2's & 3's.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:55 pm    Post subject:

ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
He needs a little seasoning. This d-league stint will help him out I think. He'll be allowed to throw up air balls (think he had two last night) and turn over the ball without being yanked right away.

He's not a gunner either -- as I seen him move the ball a few times.. not something you can say much about Vander Blue and Manny Harris at times lol.

He's not ready yet, I don't think. He's much more closer to sooner than later though. No need to bring him up to the main roster.. let him get as many reps down in the D-League as possible.

I actually have high hopes for him. He can put the ball on the floor and do other things than just shoot. He could end up being a very valuable role player (if not more) in the future.

Ya he will be going down to the Dleague and getting called up back and forth. We've done it before.
Game before last he was 4-9 from 3. Last night not sure.
Would love to see him get PT over MWP or Lou. Can't wait til we go into full development mode in a month or two
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:09 pm    Post subject:

I love his potential. He plays defense well enough for a rookie. You can't expect an all-world defender right out of the gate.. but his defense isn't bad.

I might sound a little crazy.. but if he continues to progress this year and Kobe does indeed retire.. I wouldn't mind throwing him in at the starting shooting guard position IF the lakers get a solid small forward. His size is excellent.

Russell, Brown, and a small forward with size (Nic Batum comes to mind) could be the start of something nice defensively.

I know everybody is crazy for the Clarkson / Russell combination.. but I see Jordan Clarkson as more of a super 6th-man type like James Harden in OKC or Manu (not in terms of play style.. but in terms of impact off the bench and being like their 6th starter)
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:44 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
ch3cky0selff00 wrote:

Ya he will be going down to the Dleague and getting called up back and forth. We've done it before.
Game before last he was 4-9 from 3. Last night not sure.
Would love to see him get PT over MWP or Lou. Can't wait til we go into full development mode in a month or two

Last night AB shot 3 - 6 from beyond the arc.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:16 pm    Post subject:

Anyone know if he's back with the Lakers tonight?

Edit: He's back: http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/basketball/news/lakers-anthony-brown-recalled-to-lakers/

Please play this kid, Byron.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:48 am    Post subject:

#FreeAB3
Dilla_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:46 am    Post subject:

Brown was inactive Vs Warriors, why didn't they just leave him with the D-Fenders for one more game?
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:41 pm    Post subject:

Lakers' Anthony Brown: Assigned to D-Fenders AGAIN

Quote:
Brown was assigned to the Los Angeles D-Fenders, the Lakers' D-League affiliate on Friday.
The Lakers' rookie continues to move between the Lakers and D-Fenders this season. Brown was called up to the Lakers on Sunday, but didn't make any appearances in the Lakers' two games. He has only appeared in three games this season, for a total of nine minutes. He'll continue to develop his game with the D-Fenders, as he is expected to suit up for their game tonight.

http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/basketball/news/lakers-anthony-brown-assigned-to-d-fenders/
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:51 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Lakers' Anthony Brown: Assigned to D-Fenders AGAIN

Quote:
Brown was assigned to the Los Angeles D-Fenders, the Lakers' D-League affiliate on Friday.
The Lakers' rookie continues to move between the Lakers and D-Fenders this season. Brown was called up to the Lakers on Sunday, but didn't make any appearances in the Lakers' two games. He has only appeared in three games this season, for a total of nine minutes. He'll continue to develop his game with the D-Fenders, as he is expected to suit up for their game tonight.

http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/basketball/news/lakers-anthony-brown-assigned-to-d-fenders/

Terrible move. Just play this kid over MWP.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:51 pm    Post subject:

BS strikes again with his idiocy. Doesn't even play Brown in a blowout.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:08 am    Post subject:

D-Fenders - 108 vs Rio Grande - 123 OT: 11/27/15

A. Brown: (4-11) 9 pts, 5 rbs 3 assists 2 blks (30 minutes)

M. Frazier: 5 pts, (7 minutes)

Upshaw: 2 pts, 2 rbs, 2 blks, (22 minutes)

Quote:
Vander Blue led the D-Fenders with 20 points, followed by Manny Harris with 17 points. Justin Harper added 15 points.
Josh Magette scored a double-double 11 points and 13 assists. Zach Andrews also added 11 points. Malcom Thomas recorded 15 rebounds.
http://dleague.nba.com/games/20151127/ladrgv/
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:34 pm    Post subject:

D-Fenders - 126 vs Rio Grande - 109: 11/28/15

AB3 - 18 points (7-13)

Upshaw - 2 pts 1 blk

Frazier - DNP
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:00 am    Post subject:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J3ukzGrH6Gs# Highlights from tonight! P/R handling, step back Clarkson mid range J. 18pts tonight
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:02 am    Post subject:

The fact he's not getting consistent attempts at taking MWPs minutes is disgusting. Scott you are on drugs man
Lakerpark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:00 am    Post subject:

If the Lakers played AB instead of Kobe someday they would have a knockdown Three point sniper on the floor....there would be less isos....that would lead to more assists for DLo...better ball movement too.

Also the defense would probably be better.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:48 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J3ukzGrH6Gs# Highlights from tonight! P/R handling, step back Clarkson mid range J. 18pts tonight

AB3 is growing and developing his game. He is gaining tremendous confidence in the D-League which is a plus.

Brown has a skill-set that the Lakers are sorely missing. This kid can help the team and should be given a chance.

#FreeAB3
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:56 am    Post subject:

Anthony Brown Developing Nicely In The D-League

Quote:
When the Los Angeles Lakers drafted Anthony Brown out of Stanford, it was destined for him to become the team’s prototypical small forward amongst a dynamic group in today’s NBA. Brown’s role is simple, and that is to show a consistent three-point shot and bring defense on the perimeter.

While the part he must play sounds simple and readily available, the team understands that Brown will need just a little more time to get his feet wet on the professional level.

The Development of AB3 (link)
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:17 pm    Post subject:

So why haven't the Lakers recalled him yet? Yes, he's gaining "experience" in the d-league, but he looks like a man among boys out there. He's capable of doing this against stronger competition.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:33 pm    Post subject:

Mindripper2000 wrote:
So why haven't the Lakers recalled him yet? Yes, he's gaining "experience" in the d-league, but he looks like a man among boys out there. He's capable of doing this against stronger competition.

He's doing well but he is not the best player on the D-Fenders team. They have a few studs that are older than AB3.

The Lakers definitely could use his skill-set though.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 12 of 67
Jump to: