Official Jordan Clarkson Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 216, 217, 218 ... 683, 684, 685  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:10 am    Post subject:

scott12199 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
scott12199 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Nash and Billups were also late bloomers. Clarkson is a 2nd round gem and isn't getting the respect he deserves. Dlo can be a great player but he will never have the speed and athleticism of Clarkson. Clarkson would be a star on the Spurs or Mavs right now.

Speed/athleticism are only parts of the entire game. Comparing DLO with JC is futile as they are totally different styled players. DLO actually favorably compares with Nash/Billups more than JC does.

Clarkson is in a great situation in LA. He will hopefully be a part of a young and growing core down the road.

I want Lakers to trade Clarkson to the Spurs to show you haters how wrong you are. This guy is basically Tony Parker 2.0. Tony Parker is not the best defender in the world but Pop is able to hide him. Pop can do the same with Clarkson.

So Clarkson is going to play over Parker, Mills, Kawhi, Manu or Green?

Mills is a back up point guard. Clarkson will be replacing Parker. Parker is getting up there in age. I believe Tony parker is 34 next year. If he leaves the lakers for spurs, he will most likely replace Parker after next year. Tony Parker would be the best mentor for Clarkson.

Why the hell are we talking about Clarkson on the Spurs now?

Back to reality.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:11 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
As yinoma mentioned, what kills me is that DLO and Clarkson are beginning to look pretty solid playing together, so why are so many crying for change? Besides favoring one player over the other?

Kids today seem to love pitting teammates against each other.

I am excited by both. We are rebuilding and having talented young guards in their first and second years in the league is a great way to jump start that.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:11 am    Post subject:

The Lakers are going to counter the Warriors success with small ball. The Lakers will have their best players play the fewest minutes. Lets bring Jordan off the bench. We will fool everyone.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:12 am    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
^ Exactly. JC going to the bench is bizarre. If anything he needs more opportunities to play his natural position at PG.

He never played PG until last season, so it is not his natural position.

VLF at it again pls do your research first before you post, thank you.

I watched most Missouri games, he was their SG. As a matter of fact we were discussing last season him having to switch to PG.

Jordan Clarkson was a combo guard at Missouri. Last year wasn't his first time playing point. http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Jordan-Clarkson-16762/

He was a SG with Brown handling the ball, you can call it combo if you want. He is a combo guard now, so why the complaints? Heck, I am probably the only one here who watched him play in more than 1 or 2 games at Mizzou.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:14 am    Post subject:

scott12199 wrote:
Clarkson will be replacing Parker. Parker is getting up there in age. I believe Tony parker is 34 next year. If he leaves the lakers for spurs, he will most likely replace Parker after next year. Tony Parker would be the best mentor for Clarkson.

If you really believe that the Spurs will sit Parker to play Clarkson I guess it is time to move on to another topic.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:15 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
The Lakers are going to counter the Warriors success with small ball. The Lakers will have their best players play the fewest minutes. Lets bring Jordan off the bench. We will fool everyone.

Again, who is advocating this for this season?

And in the future, it's only if we have a player via trade, draft, free agency who is demonstrably better than JC.

If not, then JC is sthe starter.

We are well on our way to having 2 of our 3 future guards already.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:19 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
^ Exactly. JC going to the bench is bizarre. If anything he needs more opportunities to play his natural position at PG.

He never played PG until last season, so it is not his natural position.

VLF at it again pls do your research first before you post, thank you.

I watched most Missouri games, he was their SG. As a matter of fact we were discussing last season him having to switch to PG.

Jordan Clarkson was a combo guard at Missouri. Last year wasn't his first time playing point. http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Jordan-Clarkson-16762/

He was a SG with Brown handling the ball, you can call it combo if you want. He is a combo guard now, so why the complaints? Heck, I am probably the only one here who watched him play in more than 1 or 2 games at Mizzou.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/D-Angelo-Russell-7175/

No complaints from me. It's just that I don't hold any of our young players to different standards. They are all replaceable and anyone of them could be or should be sent to the bench, I just won't single JC out right now. As a matter of fact he is the last one I will send to the bench since he's been our most consistent player. I'll send Randle to the bench first before JC. It really doesn't matter to me it's just insulting when I come here and I see people bashing JC or making Jamal Crawford comparisons because he is a 2nd round pick or just for the heck of it like they didn't watch him last season.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:20 am    Post subject:

Again, who is bashing JC? For the most part, reception of JC is overwhelmingly positive here. Was the lone bright spot last year and is probably the team's best player now.
scott12199
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:27 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
As yinoma mentioned, what kills me is that DLO and Clarkson are beginning to look pretty solid playing together, so why are so many crying for change? Besides favoring one player over the other?

Yup. 0 people have called for JC to be benched now.

But you already calling for him to be 6 man down the road. How do you know he won't get so good that he becomes an all star? What makes you so sure he's only a 6 man down the road? All he really needs to learn is how to play defense better. Dude, is star material.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:29 am    Post subject:

scott12199 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Yup. 0 people have called for JC to be benched now.

But you already calling for him to be 6 man down the road. How do you know he won't get so good that he becomes an all star? What makes you so sure he's only a 6 man down the road? All he really needs to learn is how to play defense better. Dude, is star material.

Read my posts before you respond. Good lord.

Have you heard of something called a "condition."

Condition: only if a better player than JC is obtained.

If not...status quo.
scott12199
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:29 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
scott12199 wrote:
Clarkson will be replacing Parker. Parker is getting up there in age. I believe Tony parker is 34 next year. If he leaves the lakers for spurs, he will most likely replace Parker after next year. Tony Parker would be the best mentor for Clarkson.

If you really believe that the Spurs will sit Parker to play Clarkson I guess it is time to move on to another topic.

This logic is why the Lakers are in this mess right now. Kobe should be coming off the bench but he earn his stripes, so he gets to eat first.
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:35 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
scott12199 wrote:

i believe clarkson would start over parker too. You people just don't know talent. Clarkson on a well coached team would be an all star. But keep understimating him..We have taken the ball out of his hand, he barely touches the ball yet he still gives us 18ppg on 50% and 40 from 3. Now we complain he doesnt play D, can you name a player on the lakers that does? coincidence? or bad coaching?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:42 am    Post subject:

watchME wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
scott12199 wrote:

i believe clarkson would start over parker too. You people just don't know talent. Clarkson on a well coached team would be an all star. But keep understimating him..We have taken the ball out of his hand, he barely touches the ball yet he still gives us 18ppg on 50% and 40 from 3. Now we complain he doesnt play D, can you name a player on the lakers that does? coincidence? or bad coaching?

Barely touches the ball? He has the 2nd most shot attempts per game, and if Kobe isn't playing, I'd give him a good chunk of his shots too.

I agree about bad coaching, but I disagree about folks underestimating him. No one here that I can recall has looked down on his play at all. Frankly we should be seeing him and DLO play 35 mpg together.
Hydro21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:36 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Yup. 0 people have called for JC to be benched now. That would be insane to do that.

But hey, start a feeding frenzy over nothing.

Your the one calling for us to Sign a SG to put him on the bench . Calling his potential limited cause he is 23 . Like he wasn't dropping 30 point games at age 22 vs all star players like Westbrook . You have yet to say anything about developing Clarkson and Russell together . I personally think the duo could be great in the long run. Especially if a real Small Forward is added
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:59 pm    Post subject:

Hydro21 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Yup. 0 people have called for JC to be benched now. That would be insane to do that.

Your the one calling for us to Sign a SG to put him on the bench . Calling his potential limited cause he is 23 . Like he wasn't dropping 30 point games at age 22 vs all star players like Westbrook . You have yet to say anything about developing Clarkson and Russell together . I personally think the duo could be great in the long run. Especially if a real Small Forward is added

Do you just make up things, then accuse someone of the very thing you created, and then drone on and on about something that was never said in the first place?

Free agency will be very fluid. And again, for like the 3rd or 4th time, IF a SG that is better than JC is available, the Lakers will either draft/trade/sign said player. Then JC would be an awesome 6th man. If not, he will be an awesome starting SG.

I suggest you read my posts here and elsewhere before saying that I've never "said anything about developing Clarkson and Russell together," because I have said that repeatedly in the DLO thread about how they work well together.
_#1_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:46 pm    Post subject:

Jordan Clarkson was the point guard at Mizzou. The offense ran through him. He was the primary ball-handler and play maker. Jabari Brown was the Off-G. JC had more than double the assist rate.

AT Tulsa JC played Off-G with Peete and McClellan handing playmaking duties. Even then JC still lead the team in assists.

Jabari Brown was scouted as a Shooting guard.

Jordan was scouted as a point guard with an ability to play Off-G. Some of that was due to his shooting regression at Mizzou when taking over the point as compared to Tulsa.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Hydro21 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

asking to bench Clarkson would not be very smart. tsk tsk tsk... it's pretty impressive how well Clarkson has been playing despite being forced to play out of position.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:26 pm    Post subject:

Clarkson is a combo guard who played SG in college. He's not out of position. tsktsk
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:29 pm    Post subject:

I don't really get how people can say Clarkson barely touches the ball and is disrespected by his teammates because every other play isn't for him.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:53 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
Hydro21 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

asking to bench Clarkson would not be very smart. tsk tsk tsk... it's pretty impressive how well Clarkson has been playing despite being forced to play out of position.

Broken record.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:44 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
I don't really get how people can say Clarkson barely touches the ball and is disrespected by his teammates because every other play isn't for him.

He's the best offensive player on the team and they don't really run anything for him.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:53 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Practice wrote:

He's the best offensive player on the team and they don't really run anything for him.

I would like to see the team run more for him, but I don't agree with people saying he barely touches the ball. There are a lot of issues with this team, but based on what we know I wouldn't put disrespect on it.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:46 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Practice wrote:

This.

I don't like the concept of starting rookies before they earn it. Kobe will not be benched, it's about respect for his legacy, but no way he should get 30+ minutes, 24-25 is about fine. I'd start Clarkson, Kobe, Young, Bass and Hibert and let Russel and Randle come from the bench with some freedon to play their games.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:03 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Practice wrote:

2nd most shots behind Kobe (which will hopefully change). I gather he's probably up there on touches with the team too.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:07 am    Post subject:

Clarkson is playing out of position - compared to last year. His role has changed. That's the problem with the team, most players are playing out of their comfort zone.

Kobe's a 2, Clarkson's a 1. We've sort of moved Kobe to a full time 3, and JC to more of a 2 than he was last season.

In March/April Clarkson was averaging 6-8 assists a night running the O. I definitely feel the Lakers have been worse off it in the short term with the Randle/Kobe/Russ/Clarkson perimeter unit. Not enough ball movement or complimentary talent there. If we had a halfway decent coach, he'd figure the smart thing would be to bring some of those players off the bench and while maybe they play a few minutes less, they have better impact on the game and they can be more aggressive within a role that suits them.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 216, 217, 218 ... 683, 684, 685  Next
Page 217 of 685
Jump to: