it's too bad our socal sport radio stations aren't picking up these topics we're discussing
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerEric
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:45 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
To be honest I see Scott as one of Russell's biggest fans. I don't see a Scott vs Russell dynamic at all, you guys are just in on your heads.

If Scott had something against DLO he wouldn't be playing. Instead he is getting more minutes and more responsibility. Nothing wrong with letting the kid get used to the NBA before throwing him in the deep end.

Porzingis, Mudiay, and Okafor aren't drowning...LOL
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: it's too bad our socal sport radio stations aren't picking up these topics we're discussing

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
710 is partnered up with Lakers, so they won't say anything cause controversies. 570 on the other hand is still bitter at Jim Buss ditching them for 710, so they would put everything on Jim. we need a 3rd station to discuss some of the topics we're doing here, Scott vs Russell, Jeannie holding Lakers hostage, Showtime gang covering up for their guy, etc, etc, etc

I think the local media failing to represent the fan base is a problem, but its a bigger problem that the fans have not figured out a way to send some sort of clear message.

IT also should be noted that we want Byron fired, not because we are losing, but because of HIM.

His failure to really dedicate the developing our younger players
His handling of Kobe
His rotations and bench units
His attitude towards the players
His overall ideology

We do not want Byron fired because we are spoiled and stupid and somehow expect to win a title with this roster; but the way that Byron has handled this roster on and off the Court.

Whether it is billboards, social media, chants, etc. the fans need to figure out a way to express themselves.

Also, we should let it be known that the rest of the Showtime guys are not exempt from critique including Worthy and even Magic.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:04 pm    Post subject:

LakerEric wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
To be honest I see Scott as one of Russell's biggest fans. I don't see a Scott vs Russell dynamic at all, you guys are just in on your heads.

If Scott had something against DLO he wouldn't be playing. Instead he is getting more minutes and more responsibility. Nothing wrong with letting the kid get used to the NBA before throwing him in the deep end.

You could say Towns too.

I think Scott took a safe approach to developing Russell.
Sure you could say, other top rookies got an 11 game head start on Russell (since Scott started giving him heavier minutes game 12 of our season).
But seeing how Mudiay has struggled shooting, I can see how heaping a ton of responsibility on a 19 year old PG game 1 could end up being detrimental to the player.

I was pissed about DLO's playing time too. But now that I've seen his minutes bump, in retrospect, 11 games is no big deal.
The real victim is our record, not DLO's development.

Last edited by kikanga on Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: it's too bad our socal sport radio stations aren't picking up these topics we're discussing

foshowtime wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
710 is partnered up with Lakers, so they won't say anything cause controversies. 570 on the other hand is still bitter at Jim Buss ditching them for 710, so they would put everything on Jim. we need a 3rd station to discuss some of the topics we're doing here, Scott vs Russell, Jeannie holding Lakers hostage, Showtime gang covering up for their guy, etc, etc, etc

I think the local media failing to represent the fan base is a problem, but its a bigger problem that the fans have not figured out a way to send some sort of clear message.

IT also should be noted that we want Byron fired, not because we are losing, but because of HIM.

His handling of Kobe
His overall ideology

We do not want Byron fired because we are spoiled and stupid and somehow expect to win a title with this roster; but the way that Byron has handled this roster on and off the Court.

Whether it is billboards, social media, chants, etc. the fans need to figure out a way to express themselves.

Also, we should let it be known that the rest of the Showtime guys are not exempt from critique including Worthy and even Magic.

Ya LA media clue less. Mason and Ireland cant even listen to them its terrible they deserve to be sports radio in Kansas not LA
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:15 pm    Post subject: Re: it's too bad our socal sport radio stations aren't picking up these topics we're discussing

cKPayasoLoco wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

His handling of Kobe
His overall ideology

Ya LA media clue less. Mason and Ireland cant even listen to them its terrible they deserve to be sports radio in Kansas not LA
I can't stand Ireland. Just not sincere??? idk if that's the correct word. But imo it's just generally painful to listen to guy. I mean, the premier radio job I'm the country(I might be bias here, but what the heck, it's LG)and they hired this guy??? are u (bleep) kidding me???
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:27 pm    Post subject:

LakerEric wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Andre2K wrote:

Russell and Porky are playing almost identical minutes, no deep end for him
67ShelbyGT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:27 pm    Post subject:

Wow someone actually thinks Colin Cowherd is remotely knowledgeable?!

He constantly gets owned on NFL by soft hitters like Hasslebeck. Imagine if Shefter, Jaws or Hodge drops by...

And football is his "strength." His NBA knowledge is horrendous. One of the worst bball analysts at ESPN, which is saying a lot since ESPN has a plethora of them. He tries to defend LeBron's Decision even to this day, as if anyone still cares. I think in his mind, hes the male Oprah / Dr. Phil hybrid. Dude goes on life lessons tangent every 15 min like as if hes some oracle.

AM radio is usually filled with garbage in general. Dan Patrick is the only respectable dude left (relative). Its bad when Max & Marcellus is not the dumbest show, they are at least entertaining at times.
Team of the 80's
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:38 am    Post subject:

TWC is the worst in my opinion. They buy into and promote the BS narrative that it's all in the players. The showtime Lakers refuse to call out Byrons coaching. However a guy like Hoary is not afraid to speak out. Perhaps that's why they always have AC or AJ (UNC Lakers club) on.

As far as radio is concerned Cowherd is a joke and just try's to be polarizing to get ratings. I don't listen to 570 for anything because P and M are notorious Lakers haters since they lost the contract to broadcast Laker games. On 710 Mason has questioned Byrons coaching. Max and that idiot Wiley are ok when they talk about non Laker topics.

Last edited by Team of the 80's on Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:43 am; edited 1 time in total
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: it's too bad our socal sport radio stations aren't picking up these topics we're discussing

scoobs wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

His handling of Kobe
His overall ideology

I can't stand Ireland. Just not sincere??? idk if that's the correct word. But imo it's just generally painful to listen to guy. I mean, the premier radio job I'm the country(I might be bias here, but what the heck, it's LG)and they hired this guy??? are u (bleep) kidding me???

totally agreed on Ireland, hate his voice, his dialogs. it's like he's trying too hard to come up with dry jokes that FAIL all the time. and he also can be called Mr. Obvious for stating common sense knowledge about the team that everyone already knew
tmsxl
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:03 am    Post subject:

Team of the 80's wrote:
TWC is the worst in my opinion. They buy into and promote the BS narrative that it's all in the players. The showtime Lakers refuse to call out Byrons coaching. However a guy like Hoary is not afraid to speak out. Perhaps that's why they always have AC or AJ (UNC Lakers club) on.

As far as radio is concerned Cowherd is a joke and just try's to be polarizing to get ratings. I don't listen to 570 for anything because P and M are notorious Lakers haters since they lost the contract to broadcast Laker games. On 710 Mason has questioned Byrons coaching. Max and that idiot Wiley are ok when they talk about non Laker topics.

Again, they are business partners with the Lakers. They can't sit there and trash them for hours. One, it's bad business, and two, viewers don't want to sit there and listen to doom and gloom. You have to give people a reason to tune in.
Qsmiff
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:47 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Whatever happened to Ramona Shelburne?

she works for 710, she's Jim Buss' mouth piece, but i doubt she would say anything juicy on air even if she knows something

Haven't heard anything from her in a while.

Oh, she's been on the air quite a few times saying what a great job Byron is doing. Not joking.

i haven't pay much attention to 710 once Cowherd left (big fan of his)

First post says local stations haven't.... next post says I haven't been ....
Apparently you haven't listened to Mason&Ireland....Mase has been killing Byron...and even Ireland has been saying the youngsters need to play more and Kobe needs to shoot less
bum2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:59 am    Post subject:

rebirth wrote:
22 wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

i haven't pay much attention to 710 once Cowherd left (big fan of his)

that's a first

Agreed. Cowherd is turrible

Cowherd was awful, but not nearly as bas as the morons who replaced him. the levatard show.. should be the (bleep) show. They don't even talk sports 90% of the time.

He's. That. Guy.

Anyway, what is there to say? If the organisation can't see what is wrong and need outside pressure to be aware of it...we have a larger problem.
LakerEric
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:45 pm    Post subject:

Ryan Hollins is all over Kobe jock on 710
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:47 pm    Post subject:

LakerEric wrote:

Why is he still allowed on the air? He is BEYOND terrible.

!...
PurpleAndGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:49 pm    Post subject:

LakerEric wrote:

He needs to man up
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: