First Take this morning, Kobe and Lakers related

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:42 am    Post subject: First Take this morning, Kobe and Lakers related

as expected, SAS blasted jim buss and painted Kobe as a victim, a lone aging great going down swinging because he has no teammates helping him. this script is old and not accurate at all. a head strong guy like Kobe, if he feels front office is not doing their job he can ask to be traded, plain and simple. don't give me the victim card, Kobe is in on this all along. we got it all wrong, media does not hate Kobe, they hate the Lakers. when Kobe was in his prime, they attacking Kobe because he was the Lakers, now Kobe's almost done, they switched gear and go after the front office. this is sickening.
showmethemoney
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: First Take this morning, Kobe and Lakers related

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
as expected, SAS blasted jim buss and painted Kobe as a victim, a lone aging great going down swinging because he has no teammates helping him. this script is old and not accurate at all. a head strong guy like Kobe, if he feels front office is not doing their job he can ask to be traded, plain and simple. don't give me the victim card, Kobe is in on this all along. we got it all wrong, media does not hate Kobe, they hate the Lakers. when Kobe was in his prime, they attacking Kobe because he was the Lakers, now Kobe's almost done, they switched gear and go after the front office. this is sickening.

Media does not hate the Lakers. It's the other fans.

Why would media hate the Lakers? For many years Lakers was NBA. Write about Lakers and you got eyeballs.

As for SAS, he has always been Kobe's supporter. He's not calling out the front office. He's just making excuses for Kobe's poor performance last night.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:51 am    Post subject:

Just another Kobe P&M thread started by the same poster. Get a life.

Team of the 80's
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:57 am    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:

Right. He's gonna get a ban if he keeps this up. Ask Dave20.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:03 am    Post subject:

This thread is not really needed.
RestEasyBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:05 am    Post subject:

Stephen A has always been Kobe's media mouth piece but what does he expect Buss to do? They tried rebuilding around Kobe as soon as the 2 peat team looked like it was about to get stagnant. Tried to get Paul, got Howard, got Nash, tried to get Melo, Lamarcus. It's not as easy as Stephen A thinks it is. I never bought the stars don't want to play with Kobe, but I think stars don't want to play with an aging Kobe. But to say they let Kobe out to dry is wrong.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:10 am    Post subject:

24ways2die wrote:
Stephen A has always been Kobe's media mouth piece but what does he expect Buss to do? They tried rebuilding around Kobe as soon as the 2 peat team looked like it was about to get stagnant. Tried to get Paul, got Howard, got Nash, tried to get Melo, Lamarcus. It's not as easy as Stephen A thinks it is. I never bought the stars don't want to play with Kobe, but I think stars don't want to play with an aging Kobe. But to say they let Kobe out to dry is wrong.

I agree it is not easy. No one said that it is easy.

But in the end, the team is terrible and someone has to take the fall.

Previously, it was MDA. Soon it will be Scott.

SAS is simply calling out Buss b/c that is his opinion who is at fault.
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:13 am    Post subject:

Hmm, they nee a coach who will COACH Kobe at least. We aint going no where, but someone could at least calm him down with all this shot-gate!!!!!!! We could actually focus on youth growth and looking forward to a better team. Right now, no one is growing, we will be the same mediocre team next year, no matter who we get!!!
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:23 am    Post subject:

Some people on this board are really going to miss Kobe when he's gone.

!...
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:26 am    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:

We all will.
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:32 am    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:

Exactly. Yet another "quality" post from SGV fan. This guy is the most annoying poster on this forum by far.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: First Take this morning, Kobe and Lakers related

showmethemoney wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Media does not hate the Lakers. It's the other fans.

Why would media hate the Lakers? For many years Lakers was NBA. Write about Lakers and you got eyeballs.

As for SAS, he has always been Kobe's supporter. He's not calling out the front office. He's just making excuses for Kobe's poor performance last night.

The "we are the Lakers and everyone hates us" dialogue has been so tired in here. When the Lakers are rolling, the NBA is a better place for all involved so all of the talk about Stern, the media, the refs plotting the Lakers doom is extremely silly.

If Kobe backed backed up his talk about getting the young guys involved and picked his own spots very selectively the media would eat it up. A thumbs up to Randle after a good play, an arm around Clarksons shoulder after a misplay, a positive comment about Russell's growth in a post game interview, that's all it would take. Instead of the stories about going 1-14, they'd be talking about how the old wise saint was the celebrity father for these youngsters. The last thing the media wants to do is write articles about Kobe struggling.
rak617
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:55 am    Post subject:

We are sucking year after year with no signs of improvements.
Some should get canned in FO
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:56 am    Post subject:

LINK
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:16 am    Post subject:

Haha. I read the title of this thread and then I saw the OP's name... I instantly knew what was in here.
rak617
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:19 am    Post subject:

12 wrote:
Haha. I read the title of this thread and then I saw the OP's name... I instantly knew what was in here.

Frankly at this point.......it does not matter how we want to look at this problem. It's depressing either way
LoyalLakerfan44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:19 am    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:

We already miss Kobe but in reality we miss the old Kobe. So we have to start getting over the idea of Kobe to the rescue. That's something we should have removed from our heads last year.
Laker Intervention
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: First Take this morning, Kobe and Lakers related

SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Message was on point in the beginning but got derailed by fallacious claims. SAS is definitely bias, and although I personally agree with a lot of his points on Buss', his close relationship with Kobe sometimes skews his opinion into defending him even when it's clear that Kobe needs to be taken certain criticism.

That being said, SAS is NOT the media. He is one of the few journalists who are very close with Kobe. From a monetary standpoint, it makes no sense that either the league or the media would hate the Lakers. They are just a big market with the second most championships - attach Hollywood, they're going to have a lot of eyeballs and with that comes praise and hate.

But turning SAS into THEY is just foolish. Also, there are definitely journalists who do have it out for Kobe and seem to take the opposite approach of SAS and attack him because either some vendetta, or it gets their stories more reads.

The problems of the Lakers right now don't fall on one person, I know this day and age wishes it could because we love clear cut villains to make everything seem simple, but it's never that. Both organizationally and player personnel we are unorganized and dysfunctional right now with pieces that don't currently make sense together.
Shaqman55
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:20 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:

We all will.

I miss Kobe. Have missed him for three years. As soon as that Achilles snapped, he was gone. The guy you see now is just the artist formerly known as Kobe. He's not the same guy... Period.

And unfortunately he knows that too... And his confidence is completely shot.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: