Accumulating Losses wil become more and more toxic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:02 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
has any media commented on how hard/not hard Byron Scott works as the head coach? I mean we've already had one reporter comment on DLO's work ethic.

Scott has been known to hit the golf course harder than watching film, etc. Wouldn't that be the irony. And where's the accountability there?

Both he and his team do not look prepared at all.

I follow most of the various Laker reporters on Twitter and they are starting to take very mild, indirect swipes at him when you read between the lines. But I haven't seen them take overt jabs -- yet.
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:14 pm    Post subject:

If i was russell i would ask scott to bench me.

"well coach i came to realized that i learn the most when i'm on the bench. Can you please bench me"

#anything2firescott
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:12 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
has any media commented on how hard/not hard Byron Scott works as the head coach? I mean we've already had one reporter comment on DLO's work ethic.

Scott has been known to hit the golf course harder than watching film, etc. Wouldn't that be the irony. And where's the accountability there?

Both he and his team do not look prepared at all.

I follow most of the various Laker reporters on Twitter and they are starting to take very mild, indirect swipes at him when you read between the lines. But I haven't seen them take overt jabs -- yet.

Yeah, check out the retweet train on this one.
https://twitter.com/billoram/status/668922090880307201
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:14 pm    Post subject:

silkwilkes wrote:
Young's been our most consistent player on both ends of the court.... let that sink in for a second

I agree, strange as it sounds...he has.
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:17 pm    Post subject:

Oram and Baxter Holmes have been the taking swipes at Byron. Emplay has been defending him for the most part. Medina's tweets aren't usually positive, Trudell mostly sticks to facts, but I do recall 44TheLogo saying he shook his head when asked about Byron off the record (he was at one of the games). Winters also usually sticks to facts but stuck up for DLO during that weird Emplay interview insinuation.

Am I missing anyone?
RetroNikes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:27 pm    Post subject:

I think Bryon Scott. If they don't start playing better, I would say they would rather lose and hope to get the number 1 pick in the draft.

If this team ends up 5-20, I say trade Young for cash, sign Jabari Brown and give minutes to Black, Nance and Anthony Brown. I think the season would let the Lakers "tank" while giving the young players experience.

There's also, Kobe, too. It's hard for me to see him playing the entire season if his play doesn't improve.
hoopla
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:42 pm    Post subject:

the losses and the toxicity effect wont matter. Nothing could have stopped this from happening. We're too young. Kobe or no kobe. we're still too young. The only reason we are going nuts like we are is because we dont know much about this lifestyle of losing now to win in the future. We being anyone that grew up with the shaq/kobe lakers to current. Anyone who grew up with magic's lakers til now knows this is par for the course. We lived thru pig miller and terry teagle for goodness sake. I dont care what the record was. And that was in an area where the CBA allowed us to buy our way to a ring. not true anymore.

These other teams are winning now literally because they sucked for so long during our best years. they were bound to find the right young players. pretty much every sorry team was doing a philly for decades. not years folks. decades.
gstate sucked for a very very long time. okc was seattle and they sucked for a long time. they had that one good year (what was that big mans name that carried the garbage bag around when lewis and allen both went to the playoffs and the sonics didnt want to pay everyone and that team pretty much broke up and there went their playoff hopes. ) This kind of stuff was the norm for sorry teams. No one cared because their fanbases didnt care much they were use to it.

Clippers sucked my entire life almost. I was a fan during the loy vaught, mcage era. rodney rodgers and danny manning. i even went to a clipper playoff game in the rafters just to show love when E.brand had the team rolling. And he left too, and so did others. All because no one coul trust the franchise or the owner to pay the players and keep the team together.

The wizards are finally decent to watch. they sucked for so long its not even funny. So its about darn time they finally look watchable. Pre gilbert, they sucked, post gilber they sucked until wall emerged. The Cavs were good when price played for them and then they sucked pretty much until lebron got there. All of these teams for the most part sucked forever and finally lucked into the right kids to bring them out of the dark ages. on top of the help of the new CBA. Darn near forcing rookies to stay put for the money, not the love of the team.

This is how the lakers would poach players from other teams. Especially bigmen. We would let some other team develop the big man and go thru the growing pains. then poach him as a FA signing. then get a great pick. Bam, we're rolling to rings again. We've done this darn near for every championship run.

This will be the first time(if it goes down this way) where we build from SCRATCH (100% thru the draft). Because i dont really see any FA's that i want out there or i should say, i dont see any FA's that i think are kareem like, shaq like, or even gasol like game changers. I'm afraid durant is possibly breaking down body wise. i hope not. But i got a funny feeling about him.

And even with him. him alone isnt shaq or kareem alone. it's just not that dominant.

So we might just go 100% kids. And perhaps we get lucky in Free agency and pick up enough good players to make it work. but year 1 it wont look to hot. or not as hot as we think it should on paper. It will still take another year or 2 for them to gel before they take off. so get use to the losing for a little bit. But once our kids start growing up. the losing will cease. and you will forget these times ever happened.
hoopla
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:43 pm    Post subject:

oh one last thing. Blame all of this on Stern and the "basketball reasons". It set us back possibly 5 or so years. I knew it the moment it happened.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:45 pm    Post subject:

Big picture assuming they pan out I don't think losing early in career is a bad thing
joey25
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:50 am    Post subject:

hoopla wrote:
oh one last thing. Blame all of this on Stern and the "basketball reasons". It set us back possibly 5 or so years. I knew it the moment it happened.

come on.get over it.it would only extend our contender status couple of years.that was an old and exhausted team.clippers were much younger and had a lot longer window to win an it looks like that's not gonna happen.
now let's look at the current situation.i wasn't on the team tank before the season but only 10 games was enough for me to give up.but my concern is that losing 3 years in a row and setting franchise worst records every season could lead to creating a losing environment and that's the worst.just like the great vince lombardi said ''winning is habit , unfortunately so is losing'' and it's really tough to break habits.we shouldn't let that happen.that's very dangerous.i mean look at the clippers they're only losing because they're the clippers 2016 summer will be the biggest in lakers history.we have to get back winning next season.but i have faith in FO they've done a great job at drafting(clarkson,randle,russell,nance) and i believe byron was a gift to kobe in his last years and it will be over at the end of the year.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:43 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I saw some frustrated bickering last night for the first time with Clarkson and DLO. Not with each other, but in both situations you could tell they were frustrated because they didn't know what to do defensively. Curry went around Clarkson and he turned and pointed to the floor and seemed to indicate that he thought someone should be there but they weren't. They should have a better idea what they are doing by this point in the season, you have to wonder how they are spending practice time.

Randle looked flat out pissed in the second half, and channeled it the correct way, he hustled his ass off on defense and ripped down every rebound instead of just grabbing them. On one rebound blockout he shoved Bogut and sent him flying about 5 feet across the floor. I hope the guy gets pissed every game and shows that kind of intensity.

https://twitter.com/TheLakeShowLife/status/669383330425532416
lak_repeat
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:40 pm    Post subject:

Lets just enjoy the "tanks"giving.

I am tankful for DLO, I enjoy watching him get better. I think he is the best young dude. Forget about the heckler in Philly.

I am tankful for kobe, though he chucks (did Barkley create that term?) it, I still love him and if I close my eyes I can still see the ball swishing through the net after he shoots it.

I am tankful for 10 and 72 cause you know we will win big in the lottery.

I am tankful for USC vs UCLA cuase a SoCal team is definitely winning that one.

Just give the kids the message this is a learning year and winning and losing don't matter this year. Just keep a positive attitude.
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:20 am    Post subject:

Byron at the beginning of the season: ill control kobes minutes.

Byron today: kobe has earned to be on the floor whenever he wants.

That right their proves how ridicokous our coach is.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:43 am    Post subject:

joey25 wrote:
hoopla wrote:
come on.get over it.it would only extend our contender status couple of years.that was an old and exhausted team.
With CP3, there was a good chance of having a good (not necessarily great) D12. CP3, D12 and the Black Mamba would have attracted/strongly interested other top players such as LA (who is now with the Spurs).

Mitch, Jimmy/Jeanie, Byron and others in the FO will not tolerate a losing mentality.

Having a losing team that is not mad at each other and making each other accountable exemplifies a losing mentality (Showtime Lakers during practice were always after each other)
alhambra_zach
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:40 am    Post subject:

First things first, we need to continue to lose. We have to keep pace with the sixers and brooklyn. As it stands we have the 2nd worst record in the league. Philly will get wins eventually they play in the eastern conference.

Second as long as we are in the bottom 3 in standing we retain our top three draft selection we are guaranteed that. So we need to let Byron coach us into the ground. From the looks of things this draft class is deep. Before the college season started people are saying that there are at least 5 elite players and 2 potential super stars.

Last years class at the beginning was Okafor and no one else. But we now see how that turned out. (Okafor is winless too and punched some guy in the streets. So I dont know if he wouldve been the right pick either.)

Everyone team loses in the beginning of their journey. The warriors lost alot that why they have all these wonderful young players. Steph curry was #7, klay thompson #10.

In Curry's first 3 seasons the Warriors finished 13th, 12th,13th place in the conference. I say this to show that losing can be bad for some but that doesnt mean you are destined to being a loser forever. Especially if you have talent around you.

I like how the FO has accumulated young talent, that appears to be hard working, athletically gifted, with a strong basketball IQ. Eventually with the proper coaching and developing needed chemistry and on court development the wins will begin to accumulate. Especially if we maintain our draft selection in the lottery this coming year.

To address the previous comment about the showtime Lakers and how they didnt have a losing mentality. You realize the last time a Magic and any of those players played in the NBA was almost 30 years ago. The last showtime championship was '89...

The NBA has changed, the culture of the game is different. We talk about how the FO needs to modernize, going back to showtime is what got us in this mess, whether they wanted this mess or not is debatable. We cant keep going back to old lakers. That NBA is dead, that style of play is dead.
All things evolve, its time we all do the same.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: