Kobe Bryant: “I’m a Laker for Life.” Letting that sink in...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:37 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
I've echoed these same sentiments over Kobe's career...

I truly appreciate talented and driven people. I appreciate people who are so driven by the voice within them that they are willing to forsake social acceptance in order to be all they are called to be.

Kobe rubs a lot of people the wrong way. But it's only because he scares people. Those who believe in remaining the same and not pushing the limits that society has preset for us are offended by Kobe.

As a young pup he challenged not only the game of Michael Jordan, he challenged the mysticism and people hated him for it.

As a seasoned veteran he was tired of living in the "shadow" of Shaq and accepted the challenge of being greater and people hated him for it.

As an old dogg he defied the physical constraints that derailed many others and beat his flesh into submission in order to perform.

Through the journey, he has become much more than a basketball player. He has become a legend perfectly and carefully designed by his own merits.

At this point... If you hate Kobe Bryant, you probably hate life as well.

SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:23 pm    Post subject:

Damn, I go away for a few days with no internet access and come back to this thread.

Amazing posts by TA and L4L! I wish I could articulate my feelings even one iota of what you two did. And Darth LA too.

Kobe's a warrior and he's been OUR warrior for twenty years so the "fans" that want to trash him now can go suck on something foul and nasty.
golaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:04 pm    Post subject:

One of the greatest posts I've ever read on LG, and right on time. Thank you for this.

Often times throughout my life, I've approached my work or personal challenges with a Kobe like mentality. That pull your shorts up, no smiling take this ish seriously attitude. Watching him has turned me into a better man. His demeanor and approach to his craft is something that will live with me forever. I'm forever grateful I was able to grow up watching him.

Thank you for creating this thread.
JMon348
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:40 am    Post subject:

Great post. I guess this is where the "old timers" come back and say how much they love Kobe.

Kobe's career lines up perfectly with my "obsessive sports life" He came to the Lakers when I was a sophomore in HS. I turn 36 next month and 20 years later he's still a Laker. To try and explain how much of a Kobe guy I am, wouldn't do it justice. More than half my life I've been cheering him on and don't know what I will do when he hangs them up. I was a Laker fan before Kobe and I'll be one after he hangs them up, but it definitely won't be the same. I will never be the obsessed fan I was when we were 3 peating, or when Kobe was proving everyone wrong and going back to back with "his" team. So many great moments that I will never forget.

Like I said you can't really explain to the young Laker fans, or fans of other teams who haven't had a lifer. It's just different. Can't really compare to Duncan, Dirk, Cal Ripken, or many of the other "lifers" with one team because they weren't attacked or got the criticism Kobe has.

I live in Virginia and flew cross country to see Kobe opening night vs Minnesota. I had to watch my guy play a home game before he hung it up. I've been in the crowd for several road games, but had to be a part of the home crowd cheering Kobe at least one time.

The last couple of years have been difficult and like everyone else I look forward to the next great Laker run, and hope D'Angelo, Julius, and Jordan live up to their potential. But no matter what, nothing will replicate the last 20 years to me, it won't be close.

Thank you Kobe.
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:49 am    Post subject:

I may be the oldest old-timer here.

I'll say again that one of the things that I admired most about several of the greatest-ever Laker-for-life legends (Jerry, Elgin and James) was their knowing when their time "was up", both for their own good and better still, for the good of the club. I sure wish Kobe had joined them before now. I'm tired of seeing him clog the rotation; we're going nowhere with him this year. It's time.
spaldingLA
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:15 pm    Post subject:

70sdude wrote:

I'll say again that one of the things that I admired most about several of the greatest-ever Laker-for-life legends (Jerry, Elgin and James) was their knowing when their time "was up", both for their own good and better still, for the good of the club. I sure wish Kobe had joined them before now. I'm tired of seeing him clog the rotation; we're going nowhere with him this year. It's time.
inb4 ban
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:28 pm    Post subject:

great thread Mr. Almeida.

The fans, including our own, I feel are not giving Kobe the farewell that MJ got. A lot of it is understandable due to the times, but some of us Kobe fans wish it were different.

MJ was able to retire by getting a great sendoff at every stadium, a lot of favorable press, a lot of gushing by fans. Kobe is not really getting that. Now I feel Kobe has had the more impressive career (not better in accolades and reputation, but the better basketball career). There are some unfortunate changes in the league which is making this farewell bad for him.

zone defense:
MJ was able to go out with the man-man defense. Meaning, even though he was older and slower, he could still play well due to his skill and smarts. Kobe is both more skilled and possibly smarter due to the more complex roles he has had to play. But he isn't going out easily because the zone favors youth and athleticism and kind of demotes the value of skill and smarts. It's easier for teams to stop Kobe now than it would have been in 1998. And that makes him look worse. With the old rules, he could have been feasting in the post with man coverage. Now, he basically has to attack or be a three point shooter. it's unfortunate, but that is how the league has decided to go.

parity:
No one likes to talk about it, but after 20 years of pushing for parity, the league got it. And the team that paid the price is the Lakers...I don't even know if any other team affects the concept of parity in the NBA. And you have seen...starting with the CP3 fiasco, and on to today, the Lakers have sunk fast. Hey what did you expect? For parity to be real, this team cannot be the #1 every other year.

I wish Kobe was able to show off some old man game. I really do. But all these things basically means that the Lakers are out of the picture for a while. It might be 5 years or more before we get back to any kind of legitimate championship contention. The league is going to just be like college ball it seems. Sucks for the great individual player, but good for good all around teams. This has also contributed to the death of the great big man. It's a new kind of NBA, one I don't like much because we already have college ball for that. A bunch of medium-talent bball players playing hard for stakes that matter. THe NBA was supposed to be the premium league where the best of the best shine. I don't really want to see a bunch of three point shooters and spazzy, quick guards. But that's me.
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:42 pm    Post subject:

70sdude wrote:

Worthy averaged 10 PTS, 2 REBs and 2 AST his final season. (but I guess since he shot over that mythical 40% FG threshold that makes him "good" around these parts)

Elgin retired and the team proceeded to rip off a record 33 straight wins and win the NBA championship.

You're fooling yourself it you think Baylor doesn't lose sleep every night of his life second-guessing/regretting his decision.

Kobe is greater than all those guys you mentioned, btw. Even they would tell you as much.
purple8goldvanessa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:42 pm    Post subject:

tough to be one of the GOAT and still get spat on by your own fans
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:42 pm    Post subject:

purple8goldvanessa wrote:
tough to be one of the GOAT and still get spat on by your own fans

Life is a punk ain't it.
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:02 pm    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
70sdude wrote:

Worthy averaged 10 PTS, 2 REBs and 2 AST his final season. (but I guess since he shot over that mythical 40% FG threshold that makes him "good" around these parts)

Elgin retired and the team proceeded to rip off a record 33 straight wins and win the NBA championship.

You're fooling yourself it you think Baylor doesn't lose sleep every night of his life second-guessing/regretting his decision.

Kobe is greater than all those guys you mentioned, btw. Even they would tell you as much.

Ah, twist those words all you like, but it remains true that:

- I didn't say James was good at the end though you might like to think so. He limped away after one down season. One.

- Elgin retired with knees that you and I probably couldn't comfortably walk or sleep with, and an overjoyed Wilt finally had no one to contend with in the running of the locker room. His petty war with Elgin was finally over. It changed Wilt. Sharman quickly had little trouble convincing a re-energized Wilt to emulate Bill Russell's game, at last. Giving up scoring opportunities to Elgin wasd impossible for him to bear, but to Jim and Gail - no threats to his ego ? Easy peasy.

- My wife and I knew Elgin personally until the late 90's, and I've never sensed regret in him for retiring when he did. Surgery of the type that would have benefitted him while remaining a player just didn't exist at the time he retired.

- Kobe continues to be an impediment to the Laker future, and for the past two seasons and into this one. Being a greater player than James or Elgin or Jerry has nothing to do with what's best for the club. Kobe's megalomania simply runs roughshod right through Laker management.

I think that Kobe's best use - for the club - is being moved to the second unit before mid-season, if he's still healthy enough to play at that time.
ryan_c
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:16 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

I think he was putting up something like 36 / 7

/ 7 on 63 TS% in the final 20 games that year.

In his last 25 games of the 2013 season; LA went 18

Kobe had the following games:

40/7/4 on 15 for 23 shooting
38/12/7 on 13 for 21 shooting
29/6/9 on 12 for 23 shooting
33/5/5 on 13 for 22 shooting
34/6/4 on 13 for 27 shooting
42/7/12 on 14 for 21 shooting
41/6/12 on 11 for 22 shooting
31/3/7 on 12 for 21 shooting
30/6/6 on 9 for 18 shooting
47/8/5 on 14 for 27 shooting

Over these last 25 games, you want to know what

he was putting up (despite sustaining an injury

and missing a couple of games):

30.36 PPG, 6.55 RPG, 7.27 APG on 55 FG% & 63

TS%.

In his last 25 games of the season; LA went 18-7.

Kobe had the following games:

40/7/4 on 15 for 23 shooting
38/12/7 on 13 for 21 shooting
29/6/9 on 12 for 23 shooting
33/5/5 on 13 for 22 shooting
34/6/4 on 13 for 27 shooting
42/7/12 on 14 for 21 shooting
41/6/12 on 11 for 22 shooting
31/3/7 on 12 for 21 shooting
30/6/6 on 9 for 18 shooting
47/8/5 on 14 for 27 shooting

Over these last 25 games, you want to know what

he was putting up (despite sustaining an injury

and missing a couple of games):

30.36 PPG, 6.55 RPG, 7.27 APG on 55 FG% & 63 TS%.

It is unfortunate that achilles injury killed a giant.
Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:43 pm    Post subject:

Looks like the achilles really did end Kobe Bryant that some of us knew and loved.

So f'in be it.

F the "what have you done for me lately". I will ride out this storm until the bitter end with The Black Mamba. I truly don't care how ugly it is right now, because it was far more poetic and beautiful for nearly two decades. If this is the tradeoff, so (bleep) be it.

It truly hurts to see this Laker Legend go down this way, it's painful to watch. But I'm not bringing out the pitchforks and trying to push him onto a wheelchair and run him off the nearest and highest cliff. Nah, the dude gave 20 years ... every single ounce of blood, sweat, tears, determination, and guts to my squad. He literally broke himself for this franchise. Have you seen a (bleep) injury chart of his? It's easy to type out his injuries ... knees...fingers....shoulder...achilles. He's the one who is going to suffer the consequences when he gets older. Sacrifices for the W's. All in for the rings. Go big for the banners. Now what we're seeing...it's brutal watching him play. I listen to the garbage from the haters and critics after almost every game. So be it.

I was there for the good times, not going to turn my back and join in on making him the black sheep and kick him when he's predictability down. Not after 20 years. Not after all that. No chance. Laker for Life. I'll be there for the game against Detroit...hope he still has something left in the tank for me to see in person...one last time. On this Thanksgiving...I'm thankful for everything The Iconic Mamba gave to the Lakers.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:53 pm    Post subject:

Tony Almeida wrote:
Looks like the achilles really did end Kobe Bryant that some of us knew and loved.

So f'in be it.

F the "what have you done for me lately". I will ride out this storm until the bitter end with The Black Mamba. I truly don't care how ugly it is right now, because it was far more poetic and beautiful for nearly two decades. If this is the tradeoff, so (bleep) be it.

It truly hurts to see this Laker Legend go down this way, it's painful to watch. But I'm not bringing out the pitchforks and trying to push him onto a wheelchair and run him off the nearest and highest cliff. Nah, the dude gave 20 years ... every single ounce of blood, sweat, tears, determination, and guts to my squad. He literally broke himself for this franchise. Have you seen a (bleep) injury chart of his? It's easy to type out his injuries ... knees...fingers....shoulder...achilles. He's the one who is going to suffer the consequences when he gets older. Sacrifices for the W's. All in for the rings. Go big for the banners. Now what we're seeing...it's brutal watching him play. I listen to the garbage from the haters and critics after almost every game. So be it.

I was there for the good times, not going to turn my back and join in on making him the black sheep and kick him when he's predictability down. Not after 20 years. Not after all that. No chance. Laker for Life. I'll be there for the game against Detroit...hope he still has something left in the tank for me to see in person...one last time. On this Thanksgiving...I'm thankful for everything The Iconic Mamba gave to the Lakers.

:slow clap increasing in momentum until the crowd is on its feet and cheering wildly:

Especially when it's barely a month into the season. I think Kobe has earned people's patience to wait and see how he adjusts to what this Kobe can be now that he has had a chance to play with any significance in the last 17 months.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:57 pm    Post subject:

I don't know why, for some reason, I feel most of Bryant's play is self inflicted, that he's such a smart basketball mind, that after watching game tape and some sessions with the staff, they'll figure out that he's got to operate inside the 3 point line, with a stretch 4 to have that 2 in/3 out set up.

I know 90 percent this is as "good" as it'll get, but I have some strong faith in that 10 percent that he's going to figure out what he can and can't do anymore (And he still has yet to make this decision with his play) and when he does that he'll go from a 30 percent shooter to a 40 percent guy, and his 3's go down, and all of a sudden Kobe looks good again. I'm still clinging to that, I guess.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:04 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Tony Almeida wrote:

So f'in be it.

:slow clap increasing in momentum until the crowd is on its feet and cheering wildly:

Especially when it's barely a month into the season. I think Kobe has earned people's patience to wait and see how he adjusts to what this Kobe can be now that he has had a chance to play with any significance in the last 17 months.

Thanks DMR. Good to see you, btw.

It's (bleep) mind blowing, honestly.

We can't give the dude even a month? He gave us 20 years, we can't give him (bleep) 20 games? Considering his injuries, the coach/system, youth/brand new roster? Seriously?!

This mofo has been out there busting his ass since some of these fans weren't even BORN.

"Objectively", he's probably done. Anyone can see his play sucks. This isn't "Kobe" as we know him. This is a mortal. The mind knows what it wants to do, but his body won't cooperate. The rest of the stuff...coach...teammates...aren't helping.

But holy (bleep), man. The outrage, anger, contempt, RAGE at Kobe (bleep) Bryant!? Talk about a lack of loyalty. I'm not saying you gotta be cheering 1-14 performances. Hey, that sucks. I'm right there with you guys. But to completely disregard who this is, completely forget about the context of what he's done and meant to the franchise, and pretend like it's just some schmuk player that can be tossed aside? Hell no. Newsflash: People get old, people aren't always going to be in their prime and at their best. It happens. FYI: It's also a roster that was doomed to be in the lottery in the West..it is what it is.

It would be nice for some kind of patience, some kind of gratitude, some sort of appreciation. People may type out the words "Ya I love Kobe BUT..." but if everything that follows is keyboard diarrhea, it just rings hollow. You didn't actually appreciate the greatness for nearly two decades, you sure as hell shouldn't be first in line with the pitchforks annoying the rest of us. Just sayin'.
Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:10 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
I don't know why, for some reason, I feel most of Bryant's play is self inflicted, that he's such a smart basketball mind, that after watching game tape and some sessions with the staff, they'll figure out that he's got to operate inside the 3 point line, with a stretch 4 to have that 2 in/3 out set up.

I know 90 percent this is as "good" as it'll get, but I have some strong faith in that 10 percent that he's going to figure out what he can and can't do anymore (And he still has yet to make this decision with his play) and when he does that he'll go from a 30 percent shooter to a 40 percent guy, and his 3's go down, and all of a sudden Kobe looks good again. I'm still clinging to that, I guess.

What up Wolfie.

I feel ya, man. I hope you're right. Watching him play though... I just think his shot is broken. Look at his form. It used to be b-e-a-utiful. Picture perfect. From lift to release to follow through...poetic. Now? It's completely erratic. There's no consistency to it. Sometimes he's just flinging it up there. There isn't much rhyme or reason to it. Even in the preseason before his injury...I wasn't convinced he could be consistent when he was making his shots. It didn't look right. It wasn't "Kobe".

The increase in three point attempt to me is him basically admitting that he can't get off those shots in the midrange. Look at his three point attempts. They aren't really heavily contested. There's a defender in the area...but they aren't up tight on him. Once he gets inside...it's going to be tougher. I'm not sure Kobe has the trust in himself or his shot to take those with a defender on him. The 3 ball might just be "easier" in his mind to get into rhythm.

But it's broke.

Remember how $ his midrange was? I still see him getting inside the 3 point line and wondering why he doesn't just pull the J. I have to think it's confidence. Maybe it's lack of cohesion, no real system or flow. I don't know. But anyone who has seen Kobe play...knows this isn't "Kobe". Think about it...in his prime...when he could make any damn shot at any damn point with any defender, he wasn't jacking up this many 3's. Why now. It doesn't make sense.

He's a smart dude...I know he sees it on tape. I hope they can figure out a way to free him up inside the 3 point line and get some clean mid range looks. I don't know if he still can convert like he used to, but rather have him take those than the 3 ball with next to no chance of going in.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Hey Tony.

I don't know - while I agree his form doesn't look same it looks like he's fading a little more than he ought to - I also feel he's not operating with discipline. Playing discipline is critical when you begin to lose your super natural powers. I've seen other stars like Duncan, Nowitzki etc. really slow down and just pick their spots and kind of focus on those areas.

I think Kobe could still do that if he were invested in it. But to me, he still seems invested in being the best player on the court at all times. And the most note worthy. He doesn't want to give to a "role". He still wants to shoot em like he can make them just like in his prime.

IMO I could be wrong, but if Bryant just took notes on how Dirk gets his points, and MJ as well late in his career, he could be an efficient 15 ppg guy. That's all I'm saying here. I think Kobe can give a team 15 points a night on decent shooting vs 15 points on awful shooting. But for that to happen we need to set him up in some strong spots and also probably run him as a screen setter in some plays. Instead I often see him spotting up and way too early. He's lost considerable powers, no doubt. Skill is still there. MJ was able to put up 20 ppg in Washington - but here's the kicker. MJ took less than 1 three pointer a game in Washington. And MJ took a lot of his shots in the post and mid-range area. Kobe can easily, easily do the same if that's what he focuses on.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:26 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Hey Tony.
I don't know - while I agree his form doesn't look same it looks like he's fading a little more than he ought to - I also feel he's not operating with discipline. Playing discipline is critical when you begin to lose your super natural powers. I've seen other stars like Duncan, Nowitzki etc. really slow down and just pick their spots and kind of focus on those areas.

I think Kobe could still do that if he were invested in it. But to me, he still seems invested in being the best player on the court at all times. And the most note worthy. He doesn't want to give to a "role". He still wants to shoot em like he can make them just like in his prime.

IMO I could be wrong, but if Bryant just took notes on how Dirk gets his points, and MJ as well late in his career, he could be an efficient 15 ppg guy. That's all I'm saying here. I think Kobe can give a team 15 points a night on decent shooting vs 15 points on awful shooting. But for that to happen we need to set him up in some strong spots and also probably run him as a screen setter in some plays. Instead I often see him spotting up and way too early.

Agreed Kobe isn't invested in. Too much ego...too much stubbornness. It's always been a double edged sword. What separated Kobe from Dirk and Timmy for nearly two decades when he was in his prime...for the better...is what is going to separate him right now...for the worse.

Remember back during the 3 straight Finals, I think it was against the Nuggets, maybe Rockets, he had some (bleep) shooting game(s), and he just said, "I'm operating way too far out with the ball, I need to get my ass inside". That was a Kobe exiting his prime...nearly 7 years ago? Pre-achilles. Pre shoulder. Pre knee. I know he sees it. I'm certain of it. But he's not operating in his strong spots as you said. Some of that I just chalk up to ego thinking he can cash those 3's...some of it I think he just knows he can't consistently operate inside with a clogged paint.

I definitely think if we had a better system, or if he took it on himself to be more disciplined (no system is calling for Kobe to jack up a 3 from 30 ft away with no ball movement and 14 seconds still left on the shot clock...that's on him and only him)...he could move his numbers higher. No doubt about it. Maybe he'll shoot himself out of it, I don't know. I do think he's mentally just not the same though. I see it in his shot form and body language. I hate to use those as indicators but that's where I see that "Black Mamba" isn't there anymore. Not the way we're used to. We still see some flashes but it's not the same. I don't know if we have the coach or any veteran leadership to change it at this point either.

Btw if I don't see it happen...congrats on 50K posts, my man. Amazing to see. Just awesome.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:22 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

This is the essence of it. The guy is a student of the game as well as a historian of it. Kobe isn't an idiot. Which is why I don't believe for a second that as time plays out Kobe isn't going to figure out where things are and adjust accordingly.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:33 pm    Post subject:

Tony Almeida wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Tony Almeida wrote:

So f'in be it.

Thanks DMR. Good to see you, btw.

It's (bleep) mind blowing, honestly.

We can't give the dude even a month? He gave us 20 years, we can't give him (bleep) 20 games? Considering his injuries, the coach/system, youth/brand new roster? Seriously?!

This mofo has been out there busting his ass since some of these fans weren't even BORN.

"Objectively", he's probably done. Anyone can see his play sucks. This isn't "Kobe" as we know him. This is a mortal. The mind knows what it wants to do, but his body won't cooperate. The rest of the stuff...coach...teammates...aren't helping.

But holy (bleep), man. The outrage, anger, contempt, RAGE at Kobe (bleep) Bryant!? Talk about a lack of loyalty. I'm not saying you gotta be cheering 1-14 performances. Hey, that sucks. I'm right there with you guys. But to completely disregard who this is, completely forget about the context of what he's done and meant to the franchise, and pretend like it's just some schmuk player that can be tossed aside? Hell no. Newsflash: People get old, people aren't always going to be in their prime and at their best. It happens. FYI: It's also a roster that was doomed to be in the lottery in the West..it is what it is.

It would be nice for some kind of patience, some kind of gratitude, some sort of appreciation. People may type out the words "Ya I love Kobe BUT..." but if everything that follows is keyboard diarrhea, it just rings hollow. You didn't actually appreciate the greatness for nearly two decades, you sure as hell shouldn't be first in line with the pitchforks annoying the rest of us. Just sayin'.

Couldn't agree with you more. While I know that Kobe isn't going to be the spectacular player we have seen over the better part of the last 20 years, I don't believe for a second that he is as "done" as this first batch of games seems to indicate. He'll adjust, he's too smart not to.
Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:42 pm    Post subject:

I know we have other threads on this, but these two letters were just beautiful and I wanted to add it here. I don't know if it's fully sunk in for me, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I teared up when I read these.

"I'm ready to let you go"

"What you've done for me is far greater than anything I've done for you"

(bleep).

Last edited by Tony Almeida on Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:43 pm    Post subject:

For that brief moment we saw a flash of The Black Mamba...that clutch 3 was electric. Unreal. What a player. 20 (bleep) years in the purple and gold. We will never see that again.
Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:48 pm    Post subject:

The achilles tore on April 13, 2013. Final game will be 3 years later, to the day. April 13, 2016.

Like many of you, I wish I could find a way to that game. One last time.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:49 pm    Post subject:

Tony Almeida wrote:
For that brief moment we saw a flash of The Black Mamba...that clutch 3 was electric. Unreal. What a player. 20 (bleep) years in the purple and gold. We will never see that again.

A lot of grown men shed a tear tonight.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5
Jump to: