OFFICIAL Lakers 2016 NBA Draft Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 1138, 1139, 1140  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:58 pm    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
MJST wrote:
The Logo wrote:
Sixers up 79-75 with three minutes left in the 4th. They were up by 11 earlier.

Don't do it to yourself....don't believe in them...

Jinxed it. Two lousy offensive possessions by Cannan leads to an open Crowder three that gives the Celdicks the lead Two point lead 38 seconds left

Holds the ball til he's double-teamed. Then tries to dribble around it and does a shovel pass right to the opposition. It's almost as if their coach drew it up to be like that.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:58 pm    Post subject:

Sixers really are the masters of tanking.

Up by 11 with 6 minutes left, suddenly they constantly turn the ball over and jack up missed 3 point shots and only score 3 points....in 6 minutes...

Sixers should really lose a pick for the crap they are pulling. It's way too obvious.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:01 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
The Logo wrote:
MJST wrote:
The Logo wrote:
Sixers up 79-75 with three minutes left in the 4th. They were up by 11 earlier.

Don't do it to yourself....don't believe in them...

Jinxed it. Two lousy offensive possessions by Cannan leads to an open Crowder three that gives the Celdicks the lead Two point lead 38 seconds left

Holds the ball til he's double-teamed. Then tries to dribble around it and does a shovel pass right to the opposition. It's almost as if their coach drew it up to be like that.

Sixers didn't even attempts to set a cross or down screen to get Okafor the ball. He could've asserted himself more by demanding the ball more, sure, but that was just poor offensive execution in general.
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:04 pm    Post subject:

We need that Cavs lottery magic, so we can pick 1st.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:10 pm    Post subject:

Chad09 wrote:
We need that Cavs lottery magic, so we can pick 1st.

That only seems to work if Lebron is somehow involved.

Get Lebron
Get a replacement for Lebron
Get a trade asset for Lebron
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:20 pm    Post subject:

Grab Simmons, snag Batum in free agency. Give the best shooting coaches in the league (Tate from the Clippers, Engelland from the Spurs) blank checks and bring them on board Luke's staff. Run positionless basketball with JC, DLO, Batum, Julius, and Ben.

Profit?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:16 pm    Post subject:

Ingram coast to coast, left hand finish and 1. Verrr nice
https://vine.co/v/izLpv7JHe9J
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:37 pm    Post subject:

76ers, Celtics and Lakers could end up with the best chance to get the #1 pick.
PurpleAndGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:38 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
76ers, Celtics and Lakers could end up with the best chance to get the #1 pick.

the thought of the celtics drafting simmons
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:44 pm    Post subject:

Nets will win some games. Not really worried about them.

You know who I am actually worried about now? And talk about random...the Rockets. Seriously look at them. They suck and could legit lose to the Sixers next game. That's how sad they are right now.

If they lose that game, look for them to go full fire sale besides maybe Harden and just go full tank mode for the rest of the year. Somehow I have a feeling they will end up with a top 5 pick unless they hire Thibs within the next couple of weeks.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:38 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:

You know who I am actually worried about now? And talk about random...the Rockets. Seriously look at them. They suck and could legit lose to the Sixers next game. That's how sad they are right now.

If they lose that game, look for them to go full fire sale besides maybe Harden and just go full tank mode for the rest of the year. Somehow I have a feeling they will end up with a top 5 pick unless they hire Thibs within the next couple of weeks.

There is no chance a team with Harden wins fewer games than our trainwreck of a team.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:42 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Megaton wrote:

There is no chance a team with Harden wins fewer games than our trainwreck of a team.

can always appreciate the pessimism going their way tho.. lol
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:12 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Ingram coast to coast, left hand finish and 1. Verrr nice
https://vine.co/v/izLpv7JHe9J

Was Duke playing the Lollipop Guild? I don't doubt Ingram is great against 6th graders, but NBA players are a different story.
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:17 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:

I don't know why you think that. They're horrible. And there are no more softies in the East besides the Nets themselves and Philly. Teams probably won't slack off because they'll be playing for playoff berths/seeding right down to the wire. I hope you're right, but I think it's going to be a dogfight all season for that 2nd worst record, even though the Nets don't actually want it.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:48 am    Post subject:

Quote:
but it's not a staple or construct of this offense

For maximum efficiency it is. All the small things I've been talking about, baseline PnR, Give and go situations from the high post, are what the peak Kings integrated in the mid-2000s. They ran heavy elements of the Princeton.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:02 am    Post subject:

Bol wrote:
Megaton wrote:

I don't know why you think that. They're horrible. And there are no more softies in the East besides the Nets themselves and Philly. Teams probably won't slack off because they'll be playing for playoff berths/seeding right down to the wire. I hope you're right, but I think it's going to be a dogfight all season for that 2nd worst record, even though the Nets don't actually want it.

Joe Johnson is looking very old these days but the Nets at least have a couple of players in Lopez and Young who put points on the board every night. That might be enough to keep them ahead of us.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:24 am    Post subject:

Bol wrote:
Megaton wrote:

Why? Because they will? They have no pick which means they can't tank.

They have actually been playing decent the last few games but lost to tough teams. They will have an easier schedule down the road and sneak in some wins.

Make no mistake, Nets are bad no doubt, but they will also play with more urgency the FO will try to make that team win SOME games since they aren't in a position to tank and make terrible rotations along with having their players purposely commit turnovers and jack up contested 3s in the final minutes of the games like the Sixers have.

As I said, I'm more worried about the Rockets, even with Harden. I really think if they don't hire a new coach soon, they will go on a fire sale and go all in tank mode. They have the 5th worst record in the league already. 5TH!
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:12 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Bol wrote:
Megaton wrote:

They have actually been playing decent the last few games but lost to tough teams. They will have an easier schedule down the road and sneak in some wins.

Make no mistake, Nets are bad no doubt, but they will also play with more urgency the FO will try to make that team win SOME games since they aren't in a position to tank and make terrible rotations along with having their players purposely commit turnovers and jack up contested 3s in the final minutes of the games like the Sixers have.

As I said, I'm more worried about the Rockets, even with Harden. I really think if they don't hire a new coach soon, they will go on a fire sale and go all in tank mode. They have the 5th worst record in the league already. 5TH!

Can't underestimate the Nets fire-selling what they have to recoup some assets. The pick is gone no matter what. Playoffs aren't happening. Playing to win just to spite Boston makes little business sense. If contending teams offer a late 1st for Lopez, Johnson or a combo of Jack/Robinson, that team will be ready to lose.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:45 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Bol wrote:
Megaton wrote:

Can't underestimate the Nets fire-selling what they have to recoup some assets. The pick is gone no matter what. Playoffs aren't happening. Playing to win just to spite Boston makes little business sense. If contending teams offer a late 1st for Lopez, Johnson or a combo of Jack/Robinson, that team will be ready to lose.

No one is giving a first for Joe Johnson.

And playoffs aren't happening? They are in the East. Playoffs are always possible there. Even for the Sixers.

People are being way too quick on them the same way people were too quick on the Pelicans. Now they are on a 2 game winning streak and their players are coming back from injuries.

Nets will sneak in some wins here and there. It isn't "out of spite" on the Celtics, it's to just try and win, because there is no reason to cheer to lose.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:25 pm    Post subject:

Nets are way better than us. They almost beat GSW and we couldn't even compete for 5 minutes. Also they play Philly four times.
KendrickLamar
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:06 pm    Post subject:

how are Ben Simmons measurements in comparison to someone like Ibaka?
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:20 pm    Post subject:

Isn't it equally (or possibly even more) likely that the 76ers crumble late in games not on purpose but rather because their roster is just that bad and has nobody who can close out a game?
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:24 pm    Post subject:

KendrickLamar wrote:
how are Ben Simmons measurements in comparison to someone like Ibaka?

Can't really find any measurements for Ibaka coming into the NBA other than height and weight. Ibaka big wingspan and athletic. That's really it. 6'10 and 225 pounds.

Ben Simmons: 6'10, 245 pounds, 7'0.25 wingspan, 9'0.5 standing reach. 41.5 Max Vertical.

Ben is pretty damn big and ripped in comparison to many Forwards in the NBA. Hell, he's bigger than some Centers in the league.
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:28 pm    Post subject:

If you guys get a chance, check out Denzel Valentine from Michigan State. He's been playing triple double ball through the first 5 games (2 triple doubles in 5 games), very polished all around game as a senior. Listed at 6'6, 220 lbs, with a 6'10 wingspan and 8'7 standing reach. I don't see any way he isn't a first rounder at the very least at this point.

His averages through 5 games:

18.0 PPG
9.4 RPG
9.8 APG
0.6 SPG
47.8% FG
40.0% 3PT (on 7 attempts per game)
70.6% FT
2.2 TOV
31 MPG (previous year 33)

Last edited by bonkers on Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:29 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
Isn't it equally (or possibly even more) likely that the 76ers crumble late in games not on purpose but rather because their roster is just that bad and has nobody who can close out a game?

That's probably the case but it's way too fishy when it literally happens almost all the damn time.

Up by double digits in the final minutes of the 4th, and suddenly the 76ers start committing turnovers, fouling, and jacking up 3s. It's the same thing everytime they have that lead in the 4th with 5-6 minutes left.

Yes they suck but...I just can't fathom THAT kind of sucking when it keeps happening over and over. It's like controlling a team in 2K till the final minutes of the 4th, then you switch control of the team and turn the sliders all the way up for stealing.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 1138, 1139, 1140  Next
Page 45 of 1140
Jump to: