OFFICIAL Kobe Bryant P&M Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 64, 65, 66  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:22 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
I know Kobe has probably heard boos and heckles on road games all of his career but the Warrior fans were laughing at him last night. That was really hard to watch.

Championship Count
Kobe- 5 (within 20 years)
Golden State Warriors Organization- 2 (out of 45 years)

Keep laughing GS fans.
Iversondalivest1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:27 am    Post subject:

Watching Kobe chuck brick after brick is like watching a really fat old lady wearing booty shorts that says 'flirt' on the backside thinking she still got it. It's really, really sad and really doesn't look good. What I believe would have been a great last hurrah is if he had more of a grey haired sensei approach; facilitating, directing where people need to go, and (the biggest thing in my opinion) showing effort on defense primarily. Definitely not launching miss after miss. It's sad, really.
TheLakerWay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:12 am    Post subject:

Iversondalivest1 wrote:
Watching Kobe chuck brick after brick is like watching a really fat old lady wearing booty shorts that says 'flirt' on the backside thinking she still got it. It's really, really sad and really doesn't look good. What I believe would have been a great last hurrah is if he had more of a grey haired sensei approach; facilitating, directing where people need to go, and (the biggest thing in my opinion) showing effort on defense primarily. Definitely not launching miss after miss. It's sad, really.

I'm glad you said this because I was going to make a similar analogy.

The "Kobe is an alpha and this is who he is; great to see him not change his personality" isn't a valid argument for me. Because it's not dignified or admirable to watch the fat old lady in the booty shorts. It's humiliating and degrading, and can sour the memory of what the lady used to be in her youth.

Delusion isn't a compelling characteristic, at least not to me. Like Peyton Manning, the sooner Kobe understands and accepts what he is and is not at this point in time, the better off he'll be and we'll be as a team.

That's my opinion, anyways.

I've accepted that this year would be the final run of Byron and Kobe. If Kobe wants to embarrass himself all year and Byron will enable that degradation, then I'll try to suck it up for one more season.

This has to be it, though. This has to be the end. For both Byron and Kobe. At least with us.

There are people on Twitter and around the internet telling others to not let their kids watch Kobe like this. That's how painful watching Kobe like this is for them.

However Kobe was going to go out, it's sad to me that he (and Byron) are choosing to go this route. But it's their choice.
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:39 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
twisted wrote:
Kobe has my utmost respect. If he wants to end his career in a self-destructive way, thats on him. But being alpha, having uber-confidence, thats been his personality since day 1. Asking him to change his ways is asking him to change his personality. Not happening. Managing his personality with the rest of the team's is the coach's job. Ultimately, the coach is to blame, as he is enabling Kobe's chucking, to the detriment of the youngsters.

Do you think doesn't change because he is incapable or unwilling?

I think its pretty clear he's in denial. In his mind, he's thinking "...I'll get it back next game." Hence, his cringeworthy statements, and hence his inability to defer to teammates.

He's had slumps before, and for 20 years he was able to pull through. So whats so different now? From the outside looking in, we can see that age and injuries have robbed him of a couple of steps. But it will take time for him for that revelation to sink in. This is an understandable human condition. That is why we have interventions and psychologists. I'm willing to give Kobe a break, but its up for the coach to intervene and manage him for the good of the team.
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:44 am    Post subject:

TheLakerWay wrote:

Delusion isn't a compelling characteristic, at least not to me. Like Peyton Manning, the sooner Kobe understands and accepts what he is and is not at this point in time, the better off he'll be and we'll be as a team.

I agree, Kobe is in denial and deluding himself. But the thing about delusional people is that they don't know that they are. IMO its up to the coach to deliver the message. Scott has made it pretty clear he isn't going to... so its likely that we just have to man up and ride it out.
TheLakerWay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:47 am    Post subject:

twisted wrote:
TheLakerWay wrote:

I agree, Kobe is in denial and deluding himself. But the thing about delusional people is that they don't know that they are. IMO its up to the coach to deliver the message. Scott has made it pretty clear he isn't going to... so its likely that we just have to man up and ride it out.

Agreed, my friend. That's why I've just tried to buckle up and prepare for this all year.

I just want it to end after this year.
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:47 am    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
I'll respect Kobe more if he came out and said father time has caught up with me and come off the bench. I'll actually applaud him if he says that. All I want is the truth, he's hurting everyone by continuing to play as bad as he's playing.

What? Why do you need someone to comfort you? Stop addressing symptoms and look for the primary cause.

Kobe has been set up to fail and Jim Buss doesn't even realize that he did it. It's like watching Dumb and Dumber and one of the characters foil a crime with high level efficiency but in complete and utter stupidity not even knowing what happened.

This is like Kobe-apologist extremism. Blame literally everyone around him but absolutely absolve him of any wrongdoing whatsoever.
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:57 am    Post subject:

TheLakerWay wrote:
twisted wrote:
TheLakerWay wrote:

Agreed, my friend. That's why I've just tried to buckle up and prepare for this all year.

I just want it to end after this year.

High five

I'd also like to add that I don't expect management / FO to step up to Kobe anytime soon, too. It seems that they're writing this season off as part of the Kobe Bryant golden parachute retirement package. "...$48 million dollars and a farewell season to lie down on. If you want to crap on that bed, that's your prerogative."
KobeForThree....
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:20 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
I know Kobe has probably heard boos and heckles on road games all of his career but the Warrior fans were laughing at him last night. That was really hard to watch.

No they weren't. I didn't hear a single boo and I was at the game, in my 24 jersey. Everyone loves Kobe.
KobeForThree....
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:21 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

Whoa, was there really laughter from the Warrior fans?

No I was there there were no boos only admiration from fans who know that Kobe is the greatest since Jordan.
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:54 am    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheLakeShowLife/status/669383330425532416/video/1

kobe was just in a different area code that entire night lol

but byron keeps finding ways to blame everyone else.
KobeForThree....
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:59 am    Post subject:

dood23 wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/TheLakeShowLife/status/669383330425532416/video/1

kobe was just in a different area code that entire night lol

but byron keeps finding ways to blame everyone else.

[Post deleted by CL. Newbies coming into threads and calling others trolls doesn't usually end well.]
KobeForThree....
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:06 am    Post subject: Re: Kobe Top 5!!

ChefLinda wrote:
LakersLegacy24 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LakersLegacy24 wrote:
Y'all are some serious haters.

Kobe is still no doubt a top 5 player in the league when healthy, its obvious he is injured right now. When he gets healthy and is dropping 35 a game again I don't want to hear a peep from any of you.

Next year when he is recovered and with the development of the new players Kobe will be getting #6 and passing Jordan as the all time GOAT. Its that simple.
Welcome to LG LL. LINK

Yeah, his first day here hasn't really revealed him to be an asset. It's fine to have an opinion, but to come charging in with an antagonistic attitude is another. My guess is if he keeps it up, "welcome" will become "adios" soon enough.

Its not my fault I am the only real fan on this site,the only one who remembers what the great Kobe Bean Bryant has done for this franchise. You guys just want to throw him under the bus when its evident he isn't healthy and that he is in a horrible situation.

I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt but now it's time to take your parting gifts and go home. Buh-bye.

Did you just ban her?
KobeForThree....
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:09 am    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:
tox wrote:

I didn't catch yesterday's game (thank god?) but it seemed a lot of the shots he took were with short shot clocks, which matches what I've seen prior. I know Kobe also jacks up a lot of 3s with 10-15 seconds on the clock, but it seems the "offense" really fails him. If the system created opportunities for guys to cut, or get into good post position, or get a good look from 3 or the elbow, would Kobe be shooting these 3s? Probably not. But since no one's getting open, Kobe feels it's on him to score, which basically means jack up a 3 since he's too old and slow to beat his man off the dribble anymore.

That's a fallacy that's been thrown around on LG for years - it wasn't true 5 years ago, and it wasn't even close to accurate against GSW.
In the first half, 1 ...exactly 1 shot was with the clock running down. They passed the ball around a lot, went to Hibbert in the lane, passed back out to Kobe with 3 or so on the clock and he missed.
Another time in the 1st half, Kobe got the ball, dribbled around for 5-6 seconds like he's always done, and then forced a shot with 4 left on the clock. Sorry, but if you hold the ball for almost 1/2 the total shot clock, you don't get to claim you had to shoot because the clock was low.
Most of the rest of his shots were with lots of time on the clock - including a wide open 2' layup in fast break transition.
A lot of his shots were taken with guys 4 or 5 feet away from him and hardly even contested.

Ban now.

Kobe hater.
crackadon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:17 am    Post subject:

KobeForThree.... wrote:
P.K. wrote:
tox wrote:

I didn't catch yesterday's game (thank god?) but it seemed a lot of the shots he took were with short shot clocks, which matches what I've seen prior. I know Kobe also jacks up a lot of 3s with 10-15 seconds on the clock, but it seems the "offense" really fails him. If the system created opportunities for guys to cut, or get into good post position, or get a good look from 3 or the elbow, would Kobe be shooting these 3s? Probably not. But since no one's getting open, Kobe feels it's on him to score, which basically means jack up a 3 since he's too old and slow to beat his man off the dribble anymore.

That's a fallacy that's been thrown around on LG for years - it wasn't true 5 years ago, and it wasn't even close to accurate against GSW.
In the first half, 1 ...exactly 1 shot was with the clock running down. They passed the ball around a lot, went to Hibbert in the lane, passed back out to Kobe with 3 or so on the clock and he missed.
Another time in the 1st half, Kobe got the ball, dribbled around for 5-6 seconds like he's always done, and then forced a shot with 4 left on the clock. Sorry, but if you hold the ball for almost 1/2 the total shot clock, you don't get to claim you had to shoot because the clock was low.
Most of the rest of his shots were with lots of time on the clock - including a wide open 2' layup in fast break transition.
A lot of his shots were taken with guys 4 or 5 feet away from him and hardly even contested.

Ban now.

Kobe hater.

wait, what?

how is he a hater for merely stating facts? those things did indeed happen during the GSW game.
KobeForThree....
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:24 am    Post subject:

crackadon wrote:
KobeForThree.... wrote:
P.K. wrote:
tox wrote:

Ban now.

Kobe hater.

wait, what?

how is he a hater for merely stating facts? those things did indeed happen during the GSW game.

Don't question me.

Question Chef Linda.

Not sure what label to put on her.... but I have some ideas.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:23 am    Post subject:

KobeForThree.... wrote:
crackadon wrote:
KobeForThree.... wrote:
P.K. wrote:
tox wrote:

Ban now.

Kobe hater.

wait, what?

Don't question me.

Question Chef Linda.

Not sure what label to put on her.... but I have some ideas.

We ban newbies who come out of the gate insulting people left and right. It doesn't matter whether they are pro-Kobe or anti-Kobe. We ban trouble makers and people who are only here to troll and rile people up. And you can believe all the Mods have their eyes on posters with under a 100 posts to see which way they proceed. Contributor or trouble maker.

And as I see that you were previously banned, I'll bid you adieu and Happy Thanksgiving.

Last edited by ChefLinda on Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Afrosho
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:30 am    Post subject:

Of course he deserves respect !

But man this is painfull to watch... He wasn't playing well last year, but he was still able to dominate from time to time. This season... not so much. His best game so far is something like a 6/19 shooting night against the Pistons.
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:27 am    Post subject:

Kobe's achievements put him in with a very small group of players in all of the history of basketball. His has been a career for the ages.
Watching him drag himself to the line and sink two free throws with an obviously torn Achilles will forever be etched in my mind as the ultimate Kobe moment. For others it might be the 5 rings, the all-star games, the Olympics, 81, or any of his other accomplishments, but that will always be the Kobe moment for me. Respect? I have seen a lot of players come and go in the 40+ years I have watched basketball, but there has never been anyone whose game I respect more.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:33 am    Post subject:

If Kobe had called it quits that summer after the torn achilles, he would've gone out being remembered for the heroic limp to the ft line to sink them contributing to a win against the rising Warriors at the time. I think Steph had 50 pts in that game but it was a win for us... His career would've been defined with the gladiator mentality he had throughout to close it up.

Instead with the way things are going. It's like an extra 30 mins long bad Michael Bay movie with Kobe bombarding garbage and trash to emblazon the final memories of his career.

Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:39 am    Post subject:

s_habe wrote:
I keep thinking about Nash.

He at least was honest enough to himself to realize he can't do it anymore. Albeit for different reasons than Kobe.

Well Nash couldn't run anymore so I guess it made it easyer.
Dilla_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:47 am    Post subject:

Wasn't Nash injured when he annouced his retirement ?
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:36 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
BennyLava wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Halflife wrote:
If experiencing now is a byproduct of the excellence he gave us for 2 decades all is good. Unfortunately it's our coach who is making us unwatchable not Kobe.

Sums it up well quite succinctly.

I would rather not see decades of dominance self destruct in front of our eyes and delay the future of the team with it.

I get it. While I think that's an exaggeration of what is actually going on, I don't disagree with you in spirit.

What is being said is not that "it's all good" at the moment. It's more that at this point, given everything that Kobe has done in what is close to 20 years, he deserves a little bit of patience in re-finding himself and adjusting accordingly

Eh. Kobe is an entertainer. And if he no longer has the ability to entertain, what's the point of spending time or money on him?

Then don't.
lakershead22
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:16 am    Post subject:

I have mad respect for Kobe and I always will. He is a living legend.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:40 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
activeverb wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
BennyLava wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Halflife wrote:
If experiencing now is a byproduct of the excellence he gave us for 2 decades all is good. Unfortunately it's our coach who is making us unwatchable not Kobe.

Sums it up well quite succinctly.

I would rather not see decades of dominance self destruct in front of our eyes and delay the future of the team with it.

I get it. While I think that's an exaggeration of what is actually going on, I don't disagree with you in spirit.

What is being said is not that "it's all good" at the moment. It's more that at this point, given everything that Kobe has done in what is close to 20 years, he deserves a little bit of patience in re-finding himself and adjusting accordingly

Eh. Kobe is an entertainer. And if he no longer has the ability to entertain, what's the point of spending time or money on him?

Then don't.

And you can wait patiently for it turn back to 2007
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
Page 38 of 66
Jump to: