College Football Betting...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersdynasty999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject: College Football Betting...

I want to take the USC trojans to win on saturday @ arkansas...the line is 8, but i just want to take them to win...does anyone know how i can do this and also how much money i will get back if say i put down 200?

Any help would be great!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: College Football Betting...

lakersdynasty999 wrote:
I want to take the USC trojans to win on saturday @ arkansas...the line is 8, but i just want to take them to win...does anyone know how i can do this and also how much money i will get back if say i put down 200?

Any help would be great!

Go here:
http://www.covers.com/sports/ncf/ncf_lines.aspx
Different companies have different lines (you are laying 7.5 to 8.5). They each have their own amount that you have to bet in order to win $100 (most are $110 but some [Matchbook]are as low as $104). Take your pick, call them to set up an account and get your action in. Play around on the rest of that site - good stuff in there, and there are alot of other sites, too.
LaLakers999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:30 am    Post subject:

This is John Anthony........
Big Money
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject:

-8 should be about -230, not sure though. -230 meaning for every $230 you bet, you get $100. $200 would get you about $87.
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject:

Big Money wrote:
-8 should be about -230, not sure though. -230 meaning for every $230 you bet, you get $100. $200 would get you about $87.

I think that would be the moneyline bet...Pointspread would get you even money minus the vig - usually 10% juice.

For example if you bet $110, and you win, the book would give you $210, your original $110, plus winnings of $100. If you bet $ 100, you would get $ 90.90 plus your original $100 for a total of $190.90. If you bet $200 you would get $381.80 (your $200 back plus $181.80 in winnings).
Big Money
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject:

I think he means money line since he recognizes the line, but wants to pick them to win. Atleast that's what I understood.

Btw, anyone know what's up with online gambling and congress? I was in a scramble and decided to throw my account money away since I figured it would be shut down within that week (about 2 months ago) but I won all the bets, I ended up doubling up 4 times.
lakersdynasty999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject:

Big Money wrote:
I think he means money line since he recognizes the line, but wants to pick them to win. Atleast that's what I understood.

Btw, anyone know what's up with online gambling and congress? I was in a scramble and decided to throw my account money away since I figured it would be shut down within that week (about 2 months ago) but I won all the bets, I ended up doubling up 4 times.

Yea, thats what i meant.

I just made an account on bodog...put 160 on USC to win by 8.5 I think that is a pretty safe bet with this team.

If anyone else is going to make an account to bet this weekend, please use my referral code. I get 40% of your deposit P308A1F

Go trojans!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: