Dating question?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vvbandit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:50 am    Post subject: Dating question?

Ok, I was in a serious relationship for a long time and only recently have I decided to get back out there and start dating. I met a girl in one of my classes and weve gone out on two dates. We went to see a movie on the first date and afterwards I basically ended it with a hug and decided to not go in for kiss b/c it just felt a little akward. Yesterday was our 2nd date and we went to dinner and afterwards came back to my house and watched a little tv. In the end I didnt feel right trying to jump her bones while watching tv and when I walked her to her car it ended with a small kiss but nothing big. My question is am I moving too slow and is this girl thinking Im a dork or is this a reasonable pace. Any advice is appreciated.
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject:

Rule of thumb. Always kiss on the first date. No later than the second. You should expect a minimum of sex by the third.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject:

Vvbandit, how old are you and her? I ask this, because how fast you move is different when you're 18 vs. 21 vs. 25 vs. 35, etc.

But in general, I'd say move at your own pace and that's all that matters. You are the captain of your own destiny and you shouldn't rush anything if you don't feel comfortable with it. If she thinks negatively of you for going slower, then to hell with her. I really doubt that she would anyway though, cuz chicks dig dudes who are harder to get just as much as dudes dig hard to get chicks.

Also, not saying to be like this dude, but I found this helped me get back in the dating mindset awhile back: http://www.tuckermax.com/
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:11 am    Post subject:

The Dagger wrote:
Rule of thumb. Always kiss on the first date. No later than the second. You should expect a minimum of sex by the third.
True.. right now, you are about the enter the 'friend zone"....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:20 am    Post subject:

TACH wrote:
The Dagger wrote:
True.. right now, you are about the enter the 'friend zone"....

Here's hoping he believes you two and ends up lonely forever.

And if you take anything Tucker Max has to say seriously, then you'll end up on the police blotter. As the victim of a homocide.

Seriously, I wouldn't worry about it. Asking us if you're moving too fast or too slow when it comes to a woman that none of us know is like asking a hippo what a meerkat likes to eat for breakfast. If you're really concerned about it, ask her. Otherwise, move at your own pace.
SenorJefe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject:

The Dagger wrote:

Leykis, is that you?
lakersdynasty999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject:

What would kobe do?? I'd take her to a hotel in Colorado...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject:

you'll eventually be able to tell by how she looks at you, talks to you, or even how she's facing you when you guys are talking. Sometimes, you'll just know and that's when you'll go for it. True women like men who play hard to get but at the same time, women like men who insist on taking the initiative.
F Snaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject:

Just be yourself, let things take its course. But don't reveal your true perverted maniacal ways too soon. Like don't whip out the whips and chains and ball gags and show up in a leather Zorro outfit on your third date.
NBA referees are a detriment to the integrity and essence of the game of basketball. It is our duty, as fans of this sacred game, to eviscerate each and every one of these treacherous maggots, if ever we cross paths with any of them in our lives.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject:

F Snaq wrote:
Just be yourself, let things take its course. But don't reveal your true perverted maniacal ways too soon. Like don't whip out the whips and chains and ball gags and show up in a leather Zorro outfit on your third date.

Where's Lakers999 when you need relationship advice? I'm sure he'd advise exactly the opposite on this one. And then add some things about farting and tell you you should be dating Serena Williams or Kathy Griffin .
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:59 am    Post subject:

take her to another movie and do the hole in the popcorn bag trick.
lakersdynasty999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject:

da ocho wrote:
take her to another movie and do the hole in the popcorn bag trick.

???

Reminds me of Chick talking about Kobe putting defenders in the popcorn machine...good times
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
LaLakers999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject:

The Dagger wrote:

some girls will sleep with you on the second date....
LaLakers999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject:

Socks wrote:
F Snaq wrote:

Where's Lakers999 when you need relationship advice? I'm sure he'd advise exactly the opposite on this one. And then add some things about farting and tell you you should be dating Serena Williams or Kathy Griffin .

LOL.... my tastes as you all know are different...AND Yes DO the exact opposite dont waste your time at all. let all your marbles show in the first month so you have nothing to hide and if she doesnt like you then move on. If she does like you but you dont like her then keep her around for a steady boink and if you do like her the good luck to both of ya
maddprophet
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject:

if she's willing to go on a 3rd date with you, then you can be confident she likes you. don't feel the need to rush yourself, but i would say the 3rd date is safe to go in for a good kiss.

whatever that leads to is all bout mood. but your good to go by date 3 no worries.

and don't take love advice from republicans, that my friend is wisdom
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject:

According to Askmen.com, this is the scoop. And we all know, if it says it on the Internet, it's DEFINITELY true.

Full Article

Highlights:

Quote:
The first and second interviews were a success because here I sit across from the object of my attraction for a third time. If I fail to take a chance now, I may blow it. And that is why the third date is the one to aim for. The one where you display the personality that your best friend, mother and father know and love. The one where you can act crazy, silly and spontaneous in front of her without a care.

Quote:
So what do you do on the third date to foster a deep relationship to last for all-time (you know you want it)? Well, just as the emphasis of the third date is on freedom of expression, the location and nature of the date should also be left open to interpretation.

Quote:
The first two dates set the table. The third date is the springboard upon which to take it to the next level. That may mean in a physical sense -- as a gentleman you should assume "no sex" on the first two dates but be prepared for it on the third -- or at least in an emotional sense. Who knows? At the end of the night, after an intense conversation about your hopes and dreams, you may both collapse into a passionate embrace and declare your love for each other.

Or she may rip your pants off and demand you take her now. Whatever the outcome of the third date, it will determine the tone of the relationship and serve as powerful symbolism to represent how you feel about each other.
Big Money
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject:

grab her ( . ) ( . ) and smile if she makes a wierd face then you should go back to conservative, if she smiles, honk them again.
LaLakers999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject:

Big Money wrote:
grab her ( . ) ( . ) and smile if she makes a wierd face then you should go back to conservative, if she smiles, honk them again.

orwell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject:

Big Money wrote:

Do it, Mitch!
tony smith
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:43 pm    Post subject:

The Dagger wrote:

out of curiosity, if you expect a MINIMUM of sex on the third date, what would you consider the MAXIMUM?
PassiontoWin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:21 am    Post subject:

tony smith wrote:
The Dagger wrote:

out of curiosity, if you expect a MINIMUM of sex on the third date, what would you consider the MAXIMUM?

ToughKarl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:40 am    Post subject:

tony smith wrote:
The Dagger wrote:

Yes, this is a good question.
Alpha

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:08 am    Post subject:

vv, I'd take into consideration how you view her and your relationship (ie, perhaps this could be "the one"). If it could be something special perhaps you should treat her the way you hope your Dad treated your Mom... or a guy and your sister, aunt, cousin, etc. If you're just looking to get laid then it seems like the above advice is in order... if you're thinking this may be someone special you may want to consider a bit more respect for her and her values.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:18 am    Post subject:

^^Exactly. If she is "the one" take it slow, you have a lifetime to spend with her. Don't rush things, but take initiative so that she knows you're interested.
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject:

tony smith wrote:
The Dagger wrote:

I won't even attempt to go there. This is a PG site.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: