Colorado, what are the odds?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nudizl_Forshizl
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:11 am    Post subject: Colorado, what are the odds?

At least these ones won't be getting paid like someone else we know..

Women not charged over false (rape) report

Possibile remedies? I'll get the ball rolling:

a) make her eligible for the same punishment that her 'attacker' would be facing

b) 5 minutes alone in a room with actual victims of rape (preferably violent ones, even more preferrably ones where the attacker got off* on a technicality) *no pun intended

c) forced to pay for the police time, pictures shown on evening news

d) some combination of the above

thoughts?
Tony Montana
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:14 am    Post subject:

Oh, but all those victimcult idiots on the Court TV board used to tell us during the Kobe sham that this sort of thing never happens, and that you should always believe an alleged victim
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject:

It infuriates me that men accused of sexual assault have their names dragged through the mud even though they haven't been found guilty. Even if they are found innocent, it's incredibly embarrassing, and they'll never be looked at the same way. Women know this and can leverage this unfairly.

That said, I just don't know a solution. You can't punish women because those women who are sexually assaulted cannot be discouraged from coming forward. Not only is it incredibly embarrassing and tramautic enough for them to even come forward, but it's tough enough to prove, and the risk of having to go through being some sort of punishment if the dude is deemed innocent is just too much. Something like that would cut down the amount of women coming forward even more.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject:

That's BS saying you "can't" punish women for lying about rape. Its still making a false police report which last I checked is ILLEGAL.

The better answer is they won't and if they do its very light so they don't piss off these psychotic rape victim "advocates" group who are really disguised as man hating nazis. (note I don't think all rape victim advocates are bad just the ones that make it a point to talk to the press about how men are Satan for having a penis)

If you lie about a major crime you should be punished backlash be damned. There's going to be backlash regardless. I mean if you lied about murder, robbery etc they would still be arrested and thrown in jail. So should these (bleep) period if they deliberately put this crap out there.

Because they ruin it for every other woman with a legit claim as well as the reputation of a man they chose to have sex with.

They really disgust me as a woman.

I guess the irony of Colorado being involved here should be no shock to anyone especially when you factor their strict rape shield laws. Its so easy to take advantage of them.

Maybe these heifers should be on the receiving end of some excessive physical harm its the least they deserve. (Yes its evil but so is lying about rape but hey apparently there are folks that don't think its a big deal go figure.)
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject:

10 years in jail oughtta do it.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject:

False accusation is not uncommon. It creates a no-win situation for the accused. There are people who are willing to say anything to hurt people. It comes from a lack of belief that there will be accountability for actions.
24KaratGold
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
10 years in jail oughtta do it.

I see your 10 and I raise it 20
Lakers_2000
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Socks wrote:

That said, I just don't know a solution. You can't punish women because those women who are sexually assaulted cannot be discouraged from coming forward. Not only is it incredibly embarrassing and tramautic enough for them to even come forward, but it's tough enough to prove, and the risk of having to go through being some sort of punishment if the dude is deemed innocent is just too much. Something like that would cut down the amount of women coming forward even more.

It's women who lie about rape who make it harder for rape victims to come forward. Every time there is a Katelyn Faber situation, it becomes easier and easier for people to disbelieve the real victims. If the law doesn't discourage women from lying about rape, you'll get more Fabers and it only poisons the well for real victims.

The law already provides a solution, It is against the law to file a false police report and to lie in a legal proceeding. Those who violate those laws should be prosecuted.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: