Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:21 pm    Post subject:

Tyrion Lannister wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
I don't even anyone but the most diehard Laker fans watch the games anymore. Pretty sad when an L is all but certain these days.

I am a diehard and I can't do it anymore

I'm pretty sure most if not everyone who posts here is a diehard Lakers fan and with the game threads still active, people are still watching.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:21 pm    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
Mindripper2000 wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
driver wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
you guys can't blame Russell for that one...

He's only played 23 mins and Kemba has 40+ mins tonight. 20ish minutes defending definitely came from someone else (Lou/Clarkson).

there's a certain subsegment of posters here that want to see Russell fail and post over and over about any mistakes he makes. If he had been on the floor, it would have been his fault, even if Clarkson was guarding Kemba...

Russell did a good job of bodying Kemba on his drives, but great offense always beats good defense. Kemba is a solid player and he was lighting everyone up tonight.

Russell was doing a good job on Lin too but then I see on the board this is Russell's "worst" game of the season and other posters agreeing... so... I don't even bother posting...

I don't quite get it.

The most important part on defense is effort and I thought that was there tonight.

Even then, I saw the flashes I needed in the Clippers game when Russell put the clamps on Paul.

And great players have great games, guys. Get used to it.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:22 pm    Post subject:

Golden_Emperor_24K wrote:
kobe, lou, jc-11/46 that's really efficient! and both lou and jc play almost 40 mins...fu scott!

Yes. Where is Huertas? Clarkson 6 ast and Lou 7 ast wont get it done without a solid fg%
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:22 pm    Post subject:

GasolBynumKobe wrote:
Dominator wrote:
GasolBynumKobe wrote:
I'm tired of blaming Byron.

I'll start blaming the enabler. Mitch Kupchak

Yet I read some hilarious posts yesterday of people saying he's a top 5 GM.

Mitch can't fire Byron without approval from the Buss kids

Oh here comes the Jim Buss is the problem posts.

Yes, he is awful but let's not act like Mitch Kupchak is some puppet who just takes orders from Jim Buss. Mitch is overrated and it's time we look at him the same way we look at Jim.

To clarify, he said Buss kids, so he's blaming Jeannie and not just Jim.
Golden_Emperor_24K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:23 pm    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
Mindripper2000 wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
driver wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
you guys can't blame Russell for that one...

He's only played 23 mins and Kemba has 40+ mins tonight. 20ish minutes defending definitely came from someone else (Lou/Clarkson).

there's a certain subsegment of posters here that want to see Russell fail and post over and over about any mistakes he makes. If he had been on the floor, it would have been his fault, even if Clarkson was guarding Kemba...

Russell did a good job of bodying Kemba on his drives, but great offense always beats good defense. Kemba is a solid player and he was lighting everyone up tonight.

Russell was doing a good job on Lin too but then I see on the board this is Russell's "worst" game of the season and other posters agreeing... so... I don't even bother posting...

Clarkson and Lou's defense can't be any better. As well as kobe's. Russell atleast he tries on defense. And i think he tries to double too much instead of staying with his man. That's how he gets burn sometimes. Other times he's getting burned on the PnR. But we have no help defense. Can't really blame him on on that.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:26 pm    Post subject:

Missed it. Looks like nice games for Julius and Larry.
Golden_Emperor_24K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:27 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
I don't even anyone but the most diehard Laker fans watch the games anymore. Pretty sad when an L is all but certain these days.

I'm pretty sure most if not everyone who posts here is a diehard Lakers fan and with the game threads still active, people are still watching.

gamethread used to be atleast 50 pages..it's gotten to a new low. Dlo is the reason why i still watch the lakers even though every game is an auto loss. I rooted for the Lakers to draft him and wanna see him succeed. But Bryon scott is like a huge barricade obstructing his way.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:29 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

gamethread used to be atleast 50 pages..it's gotten to a new low. Dlo is the reason why i still watch the lakers even though every game is an auto loss. I rooted for the Lakers to draft him and wanna see him succeed. But Bryon scott is like a huge barricade obstructing his way.

Good for you. People are still watching.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:37 pm    Post subject:

I still watch every game.... hoping and praying one day I don't see Byron on the sidelines anymore
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:50 pm    Post subject:

I'm just watching to see the kids play. I don't even get mad anymore since us sucking is just a given now. Watching Nance knock down shots and make timely cuts, Randle crash the glass, and Russell steadily improving is all I'm looking for now.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:55 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Missed it. Looks like nice games for Julius and Larry.

oh well that's good then.

sounds like this game was a mess otherwise (reading the last few pages)
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:17 pm    Post subject:

Dominator wrote:
GasolBynumKobe wrote:
I'm tired of blaming Byron.

I'll start blaming the enabler. Mitch Kupchak

Yet I read some hilarious posts yesterday of people saying he's a top 5 GM.

Mitch can't fire Byron without approval from the Buss kids

Well if that is the case, then Mitch should speak up and give the typical "kiss of death" quote. (ie. The FO supports our coaches, yada yada ...)

At least he can say I did try to make a change.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:18 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

It's a 4pm start our time. Most people couldn't watch most of the game.
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:07 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

I cant get myself to watch games unless i'm at home doing nothing...
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:24 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

4pm tips usually = low page counts on GD thread. People stay away from here as they have the game DVR'd.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:49 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
I'm just watching to see the kids play. I don't even get mad anymore since us sucking is just a given now. Watching Nance knock down shots and make timely cuts, Randle crash the glass, and Russell steadily improving is all I'm looking for now.

Same here. I agree sucking is part of the territory, and I look forward to seeing these young players get better. I get tired of putting up with posters who pounce on every mistake, want to take any opportunity they can to say something negative about DLO and try to make this a DLO versus Clarkson battle, as if they have any idea. I tend to go long stretches without posting just to avoid frustration. It's bad enough watching BScott troll our rookies.

But I still watch when I can and look for the positives for ALL of the rookies and 2nd year players out there. Helps me look forward to the next game, and look for something good to take away from the last game. DLO, Clarkson, Randle and Nance. I think all 4 could be part of a very good core some day.
cyrus_the_virus
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:00 pm    Post subject:

Everyone Loves a Good Train Wreck. Hopefully, we can savage a top three pick from this wreckage.
Number 7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:04 pm    Post subject:

Let it dawn on you: We are not better than the Charlotte Hornets.....wow
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:06 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Still more popular than the Hornets forum even with the Lin Zerg swarm.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:24 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

This succinctly details my Lakers watching experience this year.
CannonBrown
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:33 pm    Post subject:

I like how people love to bash on DLO's defense, when literally every top star PG gets burned in this league by other star PGs. Its the NATURE OF THE GAME. Good offense always beats good defense. Offense just has a natural advantage since they control their movements with the ball, and defense has to react. Plus our PnR defense is probably the worst in the league. No big ever hedges or shows. Most of the time when DLO gets burned its off of PnR or help situations where has to recover, which is difficult for anyone. Stop trying to throw all the blame on one person. We win as a team, and we lose as a team. As far as im concerned. if we lost, then it was the whole teams fault. Including the coaches.
UCLALakers
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:16 am    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

I only watch to see the hopefully improving rookies and during group hangouts with friends. Unfortunately the coach seems to be doing his best to stifle the youth. I agree with you that pretty much everyone who posts here regularly counts as a die-hard.
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:34 am    Post subject:

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Game Thread Standings wrote:

32.......................................1-0
Lakers95.............................1-1
zePokar..............................1-2
yuurin98...........................1-3
pio2u.................................1-3
Chronicle...........................0-4
diando...............................0-4
danzag..............................0-4
Triangle_Offense...............0-2
Kb24goldenChild...............0-1
Don Draper........................0-1
rak617..............................0-1
Number 7..........................0-1

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21
Page 21 of 21
Jump to: