Official Los Angeles Rams Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 70, 71, 72  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PurpleAndGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Conker wrote:
No matter where they move, they're still the same ol' sorry ass Rams!

1999 Super Bowl champions though?
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:48 pm    Post subject:

Rams are a QB away from being a playoff team imo
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:50 pm    Post subject:

Kobe2Dwight12 wrote:

That could be said about a lot of teams in the NFL....
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
Kobe2Dwight12 wrote:

It could, but for the Rams there is probably a lot more truth than the others. They have a stud RB, improved OL and one of the league's best defenses.

The closest other team is probably Houston, though they're likely to cut Foster and they really only have Hopkins other than that on offense (although he is legit).

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:17 pm    Post subject:

Good thread, I will be adopting the Rams as my official "home" team. I really didn't pay too much attention to them this season, their D was the only think worth picking up in fantasy. As many have mentioned they need a big upgrade at QB. I had thought at one time that Keenum could develop into a decent pro, but that isn't going to happen. Their running game is solid, the O line is solid, I like their receiving TE and of course their D is really good. I wouldn't mind seeing them bringing in another top notch WR. RGIII is interesting, and I think that is what they will do, maybe draft a QB for the future and pick someone off the scrap heap for a couple of seasons.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:26 pm    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
Kobe2Dwight12 wrote:

It could, but for the Rams there is probably a lot more truth than the others. They have a stud RB, improved OL and one of the league's best defenses.

The closest other team is probably Houston, though they're likely to cut Foster and they really only have Hopkins other than that on offense (although he is legit).

True but for me its that I think they need somebody other than Jeff Fisher as coach. Get a QB and a better coach then yes I will notice the Rams.
MojoRisin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:13 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Good thread, I will be adopting the Rams as my official "home" team. I really didn't pay too much attention to them this season, their D was the only think worth picking up in fantasy. As many have mentioned they need a big upgrade at QB. I had thought at one time that Keenum could develop into a decent pro, but that isn't going to happen. Their running game is solid, the O line is solid, I like their receiving TE and of course their D is really good. I wouldn't mind seeing them bringing in another top notch WR. RGIII is interesting, and I think that is what they will do, maybe draft a QB for the future and pick someone off the scrap heap for a couple of seasons.

You obviously dont watch much Rams football. Jared Cook sucks and if the stars align he will will be cut this offseason.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:15 pm    Post subject:

Wonder what changes they will make at the Coliseum....even for a temporary stadium it is way outdated in terms of being suitable for a modern NFL game.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:41 am    Post subject:

MojoRisin wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

You obviously dont watch much Rams football. Jared Cook sucks and if the stars align he will will be cut this offseason.

Well if you read what I posted you would know that I said I didn't watch much Rams football.
MojoRisin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:58 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
MojoRisin wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Well if you read what I posted you would know that I said I didn't watch much Rams football.

I was just curious where you came up with "Their running game is solid, the O line is solid, I like their receiving TE and of course their D is really good." is all.

The O-Line was a turnstile with players in and out of the starting lineup all year long due to injuries. With Barnes likely not to be resigned and Saffold being potentially cut due to him being injury prone, the longest tenured guy on the line next year could be Greg Robinson.

And as far as Jared Cook, that guy is a waste of talent. Highly paid TE who led the league in drops and has no desire to block.
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:42 am    Post subject:

Well i've kept up with the NFL for about 10 years now, mainly because of fantasy football.

I have always been disgusted by "LA" fans who cheer for the 9rs, cowboys, patroits, etc. especially the ones who claim to be laker/dodger fans... Maybe i'm a bit cynical, but i never understood it.

Either way, now that LA finally has a team, i'm officially a Rams fan, going to do my offseason due diligence and learn as much as i can about them.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:01 am    Post subject:

MojoRisin wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
MojoRisin wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I was just curious where you came up with "Their running game is solid, the O line is solid, I like their receiving TE and of course their D is really good." is all.

The O-Line was a turnstile with players in and out of the starting lineup all year long due to injuries. With Barnes likely not to be resigned and Saffold being potentially cut due to him being injury prone, the longest tenured guy on the line next year could be Greg Robinson.

And as far as Jared Cook, that guy is a waste of talent. Highly paid TE who led the league in drops and has no desire to block.

Spot on, mojo. Cook looks like he's one crackpipe hit way from going full junkie. Waste of $$. Dude is built like Megatron but has NO heart or brains. If Fisher brings in any more of his ex-Titan rejects I'm going to be pissed.

Austin is decent enough, but needs to be used as a standard wideout. They do too much gimmick-y stuff with him. Gurley is a beast. I also like Bradley Marquez. The guy killed it on ST's and came on as a pretty solid contributor at wideout.

They defense also needs to get rid of some dead weight. Chris Long needs some kind of contract re-structure and James Laurinaitis needs to go. The guy is a step late on every play and doesn't make as much of an impact as he should at MLB.
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:40 pm    Post subject:

marga86 wrote:
Well i've kept up with the NFL for about 10 years now, mainly because of fantasy football.

I have always been disgusted by "LA" fans who cheer for the 9rs, cowboys, patroits, etc. especially the ones who claim to be laker/dodger fans... Maybe i'm a bit cynical, but i never understood it.

Either way, now that LA finally has a team, i'm officially a Rams fan, going to do my offseason due diligence and learn as much as i can about them.

this is EXACTLY what I'm doing now.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:25 pm    Post subject:

Looks like Magic was the first buyer of Rams season tickets that went on sale today.
PurpleAndGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:20 pm    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:
marga86 wrote:

Nice avi
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:16 pm    Post subject:

marga86 wrote:

Lots of Laker fans aren't from LA. I love the Lakers but have never cheered for the Dodgers, Rams or Raiders.
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:54 pm    Post subject:

PurpleAndGOAT wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:
marga86 wrote:

Nice avi

thanks.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:55 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Looks like Magic was the first buyer of Rams season tickets that went on sale today.

He said he wanted to buy a box / suite for the new stadium. I wonder if he will get it.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:03 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

He said he wanted to buy a box / suite for the new stadium. I wonder if he will get it.

I'm sure he'll get it if he wants one. Most people can't afford a box, they are usually sold to companies.
MAJIC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:13 pm    Post subject:

I'm a Raiders fan, I picked them as my team when they were in LA as a kid. It was them or the LA Rams (of Anaheim), and even though I grew up in OC, I picked the Silver&Black instead of the watermelon heads. I'm a one team kinda dude so I'm riding with the Raiders no matter where they end up. Same goes for the Lakers, Dodgers, and Kings. If God forbid one of those teams move. My fandom will not falter so long the logo and franchise name remains the same.

In a perfect world the Rams would play in LA, the Chargers stay in SD, and my Raiders stay in Oakland as all three teams imo belong in those respective cities.

But as we all know the world is far from perfect and money makes the world go round.

Welcome back to where you belong Los Angeles Rams, and congrats to the old LA Rams fans who's allegiances never changed as their home address did!
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:57 pm    Post subject:

marga86 wrote:

Clippers play in LA...are you a fan of them just because of that? It's a free country, you can root for any team you like. I do respect consistency though. So if you pick a team to follow...stick with them.

I already have an NFL team that I've passionately rooted for for over 26 years...I'm not ditching them because the Lambs came back to LA.
PurpleAndGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:05 am    Post subject:

K28 wrote:
marga86 wrote:

Clippers play in LA...are you a fan of them just because of that? It's a free country, you can root for any team you like. I do respect consistency though. So if you pick a team to follow...stick with them.

I already have an NFL team that I've passionately rooted for for over 26 years...I'm not ditching them because the Lambs came back to LA.

just out of curiosity who's your team?
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:14 am    Post subject:

The Rams definitely need to find a QB. That has to be the #1 priority. Of course, it's unfortunate that Jeff Fisher is the coach, because he seems perfectly content to run the ball and minimize the QB position. You can't do that in today's NFL. (Fisher has only made the playoffs in 6 of his 20 full seasons as an NFL head coach and is the very definition of mediocrity). I could definitely see them having interest in RGIII, but I would consider taking a QB early in the draft.

Their offensive line has some talent but has been spotty at best. They need to get some improvement from Greg Robinson, their left tackle and former #2 pick; he's still only 23 years old but has a lot of potential.

They clearly need a go-to pass-catcher, a #1 option. They don't have that right now. Tavon Austin is a nice player to have on your team, a good gadget player, but he is no go-to weapon to move the chains, like when you need a big 3rd down conversion. There isn't much available at WR in free agency (Alshon Jeffery is a FA but it's hard to imagine the Bears not franchise tagging him at the very least), though. I think an interesting player out there at tight end will be Ladarius Green. If Gates comes back, and I think he will, would the Chargers really be willing to shell out big money for a guy that wouldn't even start for them? He could be the type of gamble that could pay off for a team.

The Rams also play in a very difficult division, with Arizona and Seattle being contenders. But just as the 49ers fell off quickly, Arizona could do the same if Palmer starts to fade, I suppose.
MojoRisin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:51 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:

The Rams also play in a very difficult division, with Arizona and Seattle being contenders. But just as the 49ers fell off quickly, Arizona could do the same if Palmer starts to fade, I suppose.

The Division is not our problem were we went 4-2.
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:49 am    Post subject:

K28 wrote:
marga86 wrote:

That's fine.

I too like consistency...

I mean as a die hard dodger fan, you know which baseball team i hate the most? The Giants, they are from San Fran.. Most giants fans also happen to cheer for the 49ers..

This is why i dont understand how any self respecting dodger fan can cheer for the 49ers.

People are free to cheer for who they want, more power to them; i was just expressing why I (personally) can't understand why they would cheer for a rival city's team. I'll accept it, but it doesn't mean i agree with it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 70, 71, 72  Next
Page 2 of 72
Jump to: