Trade idea Lakers Sixers

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vicman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:47 pm    Post subject: Trade idea Lakers Sixers

Lakers trade clarkson Hibbert nick young

Philly trades Noel Landry our pick.

Why philly does it clarkson is looking legit and they need a guard. Clarkson will be a restricted free agent and can't leave.

Why Lakers do it. We need a defensive big and clarkson will get overpaid next year. Noel slides in at center and is a better value in the long run. Hurting clarkson hurts but getting our pick back is great. Lakers also open up a spot for brown to play and upshaw to join the roster on a 3 years deal. Noel and upshaw good defensive bigs next to Randle we have our pick and we don't have to over pay clarkson
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Trade idea Lakers Sixers

vicman wrote:

Why philly does it clarkson is looking legit and they need a guard. Clarkson will be a restricted free agent and can't leave.

Why Lakers do it. We need a defensive big and clarkson will get overpaid next year. Noel slides in at center and is a better value in the long run. Hurting clarkson hurts but getting our pick back is great. Lakers also open up a spot for brown to play and upshaw to join the roster on a 3 years deal. Noel and upshaw good defensive bigs next to Randle we have our pick and we don't have to over pay clarkson

Do you think that is a fair trade or perhaps slightly tilted in favor of the Lakers?
Khacho
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: Trade idea Lakers Sixers

Bard207 wrote:
vicman wrote:

Do you think that is a fair trade or perhaps slightly tilted in favor of the Lakers?

I would say keep clarkson; remove the protection on our pic let philly keep it for noel if Philly is willing to do it. Maybe try and move Hibbert/Lou/Bass for a 2nd rounder to sweeten the deal. Move forward with a young core of Russel/Clarskon/Randle/Noel - Anthony Brown/Larry Nance Jr/Upshaw off the bench. Just would need to sign 1 Superstar FA . (Paul George would be ideal)

2 Years of developing the young core and he can join in 2018
:Worthy Mamba Magic:
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:52 pm    Post subject:

What about Lou, Randle and pick protection.
For

Noel

Illiterate's could read the literature in my scriptures...
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:41 pm    Post subject:

:Worthy Mamba Magic: wrote:
What about Lou, Randle and pick protection.
For

Noel

TUUUUURRRible trade IMO.

Wouldn't trade Randle for Noel straight up. Less long giving up other assets
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
:Worthy Mamba Magic:
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:40 pm    Post subject:

I know it's a risky proposition and I think Randle is the goods. I just hate losing a top pick. Noel is a defensive force and Randle an offensive one. So if you got that pick protection you could grab an offensive weapon or trade that pick for someone. Just spitballing here. I love our core 5 players and wouldn't trade any.

Illiterate's could read the literature in my scriptures...
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:14 am    Post subject:

I would take Embiid...

If he ever gets healthy, we would be set at the 5 position.

Give Clarkson and he would run wild in 76er land with no playoff aspiration and a bunch of d league talent.

We can groom Embiid for the future.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:01 am    Post subject:

Short video of Emibbiid shooting a few free throws.

Twitter: SportsDirectTV
game2488
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:42 pm    Post subject:

Trade Clarkson to sixers for our 1st round pick back.

Trade Randle and Hibbert to celtics for 2016 Nets unprotected 1st, 2016 Mavs top 7 protected 1st, and 2016 celtics unprotected 1st, and fillers- Lee and Jerebeko(expiring).

Trade Lou Williams and Brandon Bass to pistons for Jennings(expiring).

Hire Luke Walton. Absorb Iggy and Bogut's expiring contracts in a salary dump(warriors will chase after Durant). Sign Evan Fournier and Motiejunas.

Draft Ben Simmons, Jakob Poeltl, Denzel Valentine, and Grayson Allen.

Russel/Valentine
Fournier/Allen
Iggy/?
Simmons/Montiejunas
Bogut/Poeltl

Last edited by game2488 on Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:04 pm    Post subject:

^ What the hell just happened here?
game2488
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:12 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Copying the Warriors. Bring in vets to help establish the system and mentor the rookies. All the picks would be perfect system fits.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:39 pm    Post subject:

You also traded away two of the best kids.
game2488
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:39 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
You also traded away two of the best kids.

Those moves can set up the lakers to overtake the sixers for the worst record since the lakers get worse and the sixers get better. Also I think the nets or nuggets will end up with the 3rd worst record.

Lakers worst record(25% chance for simmons) + nets 3rd worst record(15.6% chance for simmons) = 40.6% chance for Simmons.

In 29th place overall, the Lakers currently have a 55.8% chance of staying in the top three, with 19.9% odds at the first pick, 18.8% for second and 17.1% for third.

Should the Lakers continue to struggle, actually overtaking Philadelphia with the worst overall record, their odds would improve to 64.3% for a top-three selection (25.0%, 21.5% and 17.8%).- top 3 studs: Simmons, Ingram, Labissiere.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:17 pm    Post subject:

10. wrote:
I would take Embiid...

If he ever gets healthy, we would be set at the 5 position.

Give Clarkson and he would run wild in 76er land with no playoff aspiration and a bunch of d league talent.

We can groom Embiid for the future.

That's a really big IF.

The fact it took him this long to realize he needs to shape up is also worrisome down the line.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:00 pm    Post subject:

game2488 wrote:

Trade Randle and Hibbert to celtics for 2016 Nets unprotected 1st, 2016 Mavs top 7 protected 1st, and 2016 celtics unprotected 1st, and fillers- Lee and Jerebeko(expiring).

Hire Luke Walton. Absorb Iggy and Bogut's expiring contracts in a salary dump(warriors will chase after Durant). Sign Evan Fournier and Motiejunas.

Russel/Valentine
Fournier/Allen
Iggy/?
Simmons/Montiejunas
Bogut/Poeltl

How do you know that the other teams (Philly, Boston, Detroit and Golden State) are going to cooperate and make the above trades?
game2488
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:04 am    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
game2488 wrote:

Russel/Valentine
Fournier/Allen
Iggy/?
Simmons/Montiejunas
Bogut/Poeltl

How do you know that the other teams (Philly, Boston, Detroit and Golden State) are going to cooperate and make the above trades?

Obviously there is no guarantee. Colangelo is rumored to have final say in Philly and he is trying to hire MDA as the offensive coordinator. MDA's system requires a PG and Philly doesn't have any at this time.

Boston can be a contender in the East. They offered four 1st round picks for justice winslow including the nets pick. Getting Randle gives them a young and improving starting PF and Hibbert gives them size and rim protection when needed.

Pstons get the sixth man of the year and Bass for an exipring Jennings who is coming off of a Achilles rupture.

Warriors are rumored to be interested in signing Durant. Trading Iggy and Bogut gives them the cap space to do so.
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:11 am    Post subject:

The difference with these two teams and there records are that the Lakers are loosing because they're just not good right now, they have some potentially good players, but that can't be the case in the Western Conference...

Whereas with Philly, they might not be good right now either, but their components are tailored for the Eastern Conference. I'm not saying that they should be a playoff team, but it's obvious they feel snubbed from last years draft and want the number 1 pick so it's tank season all year long for them...

None the less, I've said this before if there is a way for the Lakers to recapture there selection and somehow squeeze Okafor back into a Purple and Gold Uniform, they should by all means do it. I actually think they have the leverage to make it happen, but OK4 would have to force his way to the trade table...

I think they'd do well taking a chance with Williams and Young or Bass, because that would give them solid Vet Presence and a strong PG and Highly Touted Role Player like Bass who could start at the 4 and move Noel to the 5 or bring Bass off the bench... Either way it might make for better chemistry...

When Randle Learns to hit that elbow jumper and develops that 10-15 footer he will be unbearable to deal with and if we had Russ/Clark on the perimeter with OK4 in the Middle, that's just all kinds of potential!!! Not to mention we draft Simmons or Ingram either who'm can play the 3! It would be a great future for the franchise... Dreams though, just big dreams...LOL

Russell
Clarkson
Simmons
Randle
Okafor
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:03 am    Post subject:

lakurluv wrote:

None the less, I've said this before if there is a way for the Lakers to recapture there selection and somehow squeeze Okafor back into a Purple and Gold Uniform, they should by all means do it. I actually think they have the leverage to make it happen, but OK4 would have to force his way to the trade table...

How would Okafor be able to force a trade to the Lakers?
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
lakurluv wrote:

Remember I said "Force his way to the Trade Table" in other words he would have to let Philly know that he wants to be traded and is not happy for whatever reason, not so much traded to the Lakers! But in letting the FO know he wants a quick change of scenery, and would have to hope to the Western Conference ie. the Lakers... It's not much of a reality, but in a trade case scenario, I think all things are possible.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:31 am    Post subject:

lakurluv wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
lakurluv wrote:

Remember I said "Force his way to the Trade Table" in other words he would have to let Philly know that he wants to be traded and is not happy for whatever reason, not so much traded to the Lakers! But in letting the FO know he wants a quick change of scenery, and would have to hope to the Western Conference ie. the Lakers... It's not much of a reality, but in a trade case scenario, I think all things are possible.

Your scenario:

Okafor tells Bill Duffy (his agent) that he wants out of Philly ASAP and prefers to go to the Lakers.

Duffy has a meeting with Hinkie and Colangelo to relay his client's request about wanting out of Philly.

Why do Colangelo and Hinkie have to Jump and have events - transactions dictated to them by a Rookie?

What is Okafor going to do if the message from Hinkie and Colangelo is that they expect Okfor to honor his contract and they are in charge, not him?

* Hold his breath?

* Retire?

* Something else?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:12 pm    Post subject:

game2488 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Copying the Warriors. Bring in vets to help establish the system and mentor the rookies. All the picks would be perfect system fits.

I guess I missed where the Warriors traded away all their good young players.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:44 am    Post subject:

Trade Russell for sixers pick and the protection, we can get a true PG in Dunn and with luck land Simmons or Ingram. If we get really lucky we can even land both Simmons and Ingram.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:40 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
Trade Russell for sixers pick and the protection, we can get a true PG in Dunn and with luck land Simmons or Ingram. If we get really lucky we can even land both Simmons and Ingram.

Trading DLO? I highly doubt the Lakers do that and I highly doubt the 76ers trade what could end up being 2 of Simmons/Ingram/Dunn for just DLO.

Just think about that for a second.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:48 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
nash wrote:

Trading DLO? I highly doubt the Lakers do that and I highly doubt the 76ers trade what could end up being 2 of Simmons/Ingram/Dunn for just DLO.

Of course I think this is a better deal for us, but they where high on Russell and a lot of people think he is going to be a multi all star, so it's somewhat fair because the way it is our chance to keep the pick is > 50% and there is a chance sixers pick falls out of the top 2 where they could grab Simmons or Ingram. After all, Russell was a 2nd pick himself.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:50 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
nash wrote:

Of course I think this is a better deal for us, but they where high on Russell and a lot of people think he is going to be a multi all star, so it's somewhat fair because the way it is our chance to keep the pick is > 50% and there is a chance sixers pick falls out of the top 2 where they could grab Simmons or Ingram. After all, Russell was a 2nd pick himself.

No. The 76ers aren't going to do that. They're risk averse as they are trying to amass talent.

I get you don't think highly of DLO, but the Lakers do, and the 76ers think very highly of the two possible top 5 picks this year. So I don't even think that conversation would ever happen.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: