None of you like Guiness?

I hate Guiness. And Im Irish....
Go Trojans

Buck Foston
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject:

^I liked Guiness when I was overseas. It was warm and from the tap and very intoxicating. It's just not the same here in the States and damn, the older I get, the stronger it gets.

Mike - if you can't find Newcastle try Bass. It's slightly darker, but a little smoother. The same company that makes Guiness makes it and it is the best beer to use for a Black and Tan.

Another good beer is Harps. Tasty. When I was in France I used to drink a nice amber beer called Smithex Red. Haven't seen it in over a decade. Can anyone help me find it in Southern Cali?

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject:

Pop wrote:
Bass, Sam Adams Boston Lager, Anchor Steam

For all-day drinking, Pacifico.

My brother and I used to go out a lot and taste fancy beers. Now he's a regular Miller guy.

I just can't stand any of the ordinary beers anymore. Just say no to Miller High Life, MGD, Miller Lite, Bud, Bud Light, Michelob, Coors and Coors Light.

Agreed!

Michelob did come out with a dark version a while back for a short time that was tasty. Those listed above and Corona are what I call piss beers. They taste like piss and make you piss.

Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
Ugh. Can't stand the taste of beer. Just can't handle it, unless I'm already pretty drunk, at which point I really can't think enough to taste.

Liquor for me.

Ugh. I was drunk about a month ago at my friend's place, just a bunch of us guys getting drunk, playing video games, and "drunken chess". Drank a good bit of Jager.

So, we run out of that and I look at my friend, Zach, and ask him in a horrible drunken slur, "What else is in the refrigerator?" He tells me to go grab the bottle of "Boone's Farm" or something like that. I grab this huge bottle of this nasty stuff and just drink away. At one point, I somehow gathered myself enough to think about whether it really tasted as good as I though it did, so I asked him, "Does this stuff taste good normally? Cause I really don't know." Zack says, "Yeah man!!! That's the BEST!!!"

The next day, my other friend Darren looks at me and says, "You know why you feel like (bleep), right? It's because that "Boone's Farm" stuff. Zach said he didn't even know where it came from or how it got there, but that he did know it tastes like (bleep)!!! I started to stop ya, but figured it'd be too funny looking at you today to stop ya then."

Point of the story: Stay away from "Boone's Farm".

I once had a girlfriend that could deepthroat a Boone's farm bottle.

Kobe_Please_Stay
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject:

New Castle All the way....
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject:

psydesho wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:
Ugh. Can't stand the taste of beer. Just can't handle it, unless I'm already pretty drunk, at which point I really can't think enough to taste.

Liquor for me.

Ugh. I was drunk about a month ago at my friend's place, just a bunch of us guys getting drunk, playing video games, and "drunken chess". Drank a good bit of Jager.

So, we run out of that and I look at my friend, Zach, and ask him in a horrible drunken slur, "What else is in the refrigerator?" He tells me to go grab the bottle of "Boone's Farm" or something like that. I grab this huge bottle of this nasty stuff and just drink away. At one point, I somehow gathered myself enough to think about whether it really tasted as good as I though it did, so I asked him, "Does this stuff taste good normally? Cause I really don't know." Zack says, "Yeah man!!! That's the BEST!!!"

The next day, my other friend Darren looks at me and says, "You know why you feel like (bleep), right? It's because that "Boone's Farm" stuff. Zach said he didn't even know where it came from or how it got there, but that he did know it tastes like (bleep)!!! I started to stop ya, but figured it'd be too funny looking at you today to stop ya then."

haha yeah i remember her.
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
psydesho wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:

Liquor for me.

haha yeah i remember her.

hehehehe

laker_guerilla
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject:

JD wrote:
Bud gives me a headache, everytime.

I tried the Sierra Nevada also... didn't appeal to me much.

St Pauli Girl is OK... but after having the overseas version (higher alcohol content)... its just not the same.

Heineken?

I think the most interesting beer I've had, was Singha. It was interesting, because I had it while in Thailand (its pretty much their national beer). They don't have any brewing standards over there... so one night, you'll drink beer after beer after beer and hardly feel a buzz. Go back the next night and after two... the room is spinning.

I agree on Heineken, very skunky, but I must say, it wasn't like that poured fresh from the tap in Amsterdam. It's pretty quality. My favorites at the moment: Pilsen (Costa Rica), Tecate in a can (can't explain), Fat Tire (Oregon).
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject:

Lakers999 wrote:
1 word! and 1 word only for the best mainstream ale

HEFENWEIZER!

I don't enjoy the wheat. It is pretty much Fat Tire and Sam Adams for me, though it is less and less frequently. I am turning into a vodka martini man.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Lakers999 wrote:
1 word! and 1 word only for the best mainstream ale

HEFENWEIZER!

I don't enjoy the wheat. It is pretty much Fat Tire and Sam Adams for me, though it is less and less frequently. I am turning into a vodka martini man.

Shaken, not stirred, I assume?
PNWlakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject:

HEFENWEIZER is damn good

21 on wednesday and in vegas on thursday!!! woot woot
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject:

atreyu777 wrote:
HEFENWEIZER is damn good

21 on wednesday and in vegas on thursday!!! woot woot

That's Hefeweizen, btw, not that you'll care about that in Vegas! Enjoy, and happy 21st
PNWlakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject:

ya i didn't know how to spell it so i just copied the dude above me ha thanks
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:22 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Dorray and Ocho look most similar to what's in my house at this moment (except for that keg of Pabst). Almost exactly the same brands...which is strange. I used to have Sam Adams in my rotation, but for some reason now only seem to crave it around the holidays. Not sure what that's about.

Just came back from the Improv in Irvine. I usually go to the Yard House restaurant right across from the Improv because they have something like 200 beers on tap. Good beer + good comedy =

Best beer I've had, but you can't get in this country anymore (although I heard that might change) is from Andechs Abbey in Bavaria. Those monks know what they are doing. I think the Doppelbock is their most highly acclaimed. Damn good stuff. I'd go out of my way to hook up some more of that. I once found a hole in the wall Italian restaurant in the Valley that served Andechs. Those were the glory days.
As for those monks, there are others whol also know what they're doing. Ever try the Chimay trappist brews, from Belgium? Very strong, in both flavor and alc. content. There are 3 varieties, Red, Triple and Blue at 7%, 8% and 9% respectively. They come in 25.4 fl oz bottles and are capped like Champaign, with a fluted cork, and wire holding the capped cork in place. Usually get them from Trader Joe's but my local Vons has the Blue most of the time.

Lately I've been drinking IPAs and Gordon Biersh Blonde Bock. I don't think JD would like the IPAs, it doesn't sound like he's a particularly hop-headed. My IPAs are from the mildly hoppy Red Hook IPA, to the overtly heavily hopped Anderson Valley Hop'Otin IPA, with others like Stone Brewery and Mendicino Co. Brewing's White Hawk IPA.

Mendicino has other varieties as well that are all very good.
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject:

JD wrote:

The darkest beer I like is Newcastle. I'm pretty open other than that... just don't like the sludge type beers.

Hell no, to Coors and Coors Light. I refer to it, by the name many that share my sentiment do... Rocky Mountain Piss Water.

I live in the Central Valley part of CA. Don't get out much, with a wife and 3 kids.

As for Corona... I used to really like it. Though, now I have to do the lime slice to really stomach it. Dunno why. I do like Rolling Rock.
I spent some time at Penn State. There's a place called the Rathskeller that used to serve Rolling Rocks by the case to your table. Had enough Rocks in that time to suit me just fine, thanks. Coors and what should have been labled as Coors Lighter, I refer tho them as like making love on a boat... F'ing close to water.

I've had a couple of subscriptions to a Beer of the Month Club. 12 12 oz beers (3 each of 4 different beers) delivered to your door by truck! I had the oribinal Micro brew BOTM, but I see now they'er bringing brews from around the world.. I just may have to sign up again.
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject:

Lakers999 wrote:
I used to drink nothing but Guinness, when I would go out. From a tap it's absolutely wonderful, the bottles (12 oz) are just awful, sweet and syrupy. The draught in the cans is close to drawn Guinness but not quite the same. At Penn State during spring break there is a Art's Festival, and the bars have bands playing all day. I spent and intire day in a particular bar and the next time I ran into the owner he asked me if I had any idea how many pints (served in 16oz Ball jars) I had had, and I said I didn't. He told me that I had downed 27 pints of Guinness in what must have been about 10-12 hours. Luckily the bar had a kitchen and food was also available.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject:

Canadian Beer pwns all!
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject:

re4ee wrote:
Lakers999 wrote:
I used to drink nothing but Guinness, when I would go out. From a tap it's absolutely wonderful, the bottles (12 oz) are just awful, sweet and syrupy. The draught in the cans is close to drawn Guinness but not quite the same. At Penn State during spring break there is a Art's Festival, and the bars have bands playing all day. I spent and intire day in a particular bar and the next time I ran into the owner he asked me if I had any idea how many pints (served in 16oz Ball jars) I had had, and I said I didn't. He told me that I had downed 27 pints of Guinness in what must have been about 10-12 hours. Luckily the bar had a kitchen and food was also available.

Damn boy - you are special.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: