I'm not convince the Warriors are better than the Spurs.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:40 pm    Post subject:

bonkers wrote:
I think people just need to accept the fact that this Warriors team is THAT good.

They are, but Spurs vs Gstate in the playoffs? Won't be that easy for Gstate. I can see the Spurs pulling it off.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:43 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
So basically you're saying Pop threw the game?

I've seen that theory tossed around

Holy million dollars worth of fines an lifetime ban from the league Batman.
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:45 pm    Post subject:

Warriors have 3 of the 4 best players between the teams. I would rate them like this:

Curry

Kawhi
Green
Thompson

And the rest below...

Maybe the spurs can steal a game or 2 in the playoffs but this isnt going to end well for SA and Duncan. Warriors play better D than the spurs when they need to. They also have the better individual defenders. Offensively they're on a different planet.

Last edited by Nnamdi21 on Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:46 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
One thing people don't seem to realize.
There's the regular season.
Then there's the playoffs.

The playoffs are a different animal and season.

For teams like the Spurs, the guys have been there so many years and so many times - they'll always choose the playoffs as the time to bring it.

I think it'll be interesting to see what happens in the playoffs. I also think match up wise, OKC is a strong match up for the Warriors, in regards to having someone that can go back at Curry, a wing that can attack just as much as Curry can and athletic big like Ibaka who can play 5 to match small. They can go Ibaka/Durant/Roberston/Waiters/Westbrook which matches up well with them IMO.

The Spurs couldn't handle GS's speed, a lot of the unforced TOs were a result of speeding up the game. I don't see that changing, the Spurs would have to figure out a way to slow the game down.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:36 pm    Post subject:

When your best defender inside and rebound guy is out, I think that makes the scheming a little different. Spurs were playing without Duncan, right?

I fully expect GST to be favored against the Spurs in a 7 game series and rightfully. The smart pick would be GST in 6 games. The thing is, I just don't think you saw the real Spurs in this most recent game.

As much as he's claimed a role player, Duncan is that engine for the Spurs in their defense and how they run their screen rolls. Their offense and defense is different with him vs without.

Regardless with or without Duncan, GST is a better team at this point in time then SAN. Lets see what the situation is come playoff time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: