Should Kobe hold a players-only meeting?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should Kobe hold a players-only meeting?
Yes
27%
 27%  [ 9 ]
No
72%
 72%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 33

LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:01 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Kobe's having a great time. This might the most he's ever smiled in a season post-Colorado. The whole season has become one big IDGAF, from the FO down to the ballboy.

Well, if the Front Office and Ownership DGAF then why should Kobe. It's trickeling down.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:11 pm    Post subject:

LakerLand247 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Kobe's having a great time. This might the most he's ever smiled in a season post-Colorado. The whole season has become one big IDGAF, from the FO down to the ballboy.

Well, if the Front Office and Ownership DGAF then why should Kobe. It's trickeling down.

true. i don't think a players only meeting helps in a situation like this. you know when it's good? for championship teams with vetarans and such.. remember the 0.4 shot? that was essentially the result of a players only meeting. the lakers were down 0-2, and a lot of the guys, including newcomers malone/paytono, were not playing well in the pj triangle. they held a players meeting, came out and romped.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:30 pm    Post subject:

LakerLand247 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

I don't disagree.
nshid
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:46 am    Post subject: Re: Should Kobe hold a players-only meeting?

Treble Clef wrote:
nshid wrote:
Amidst a tumultuous start, prevailing 10-game losing streak, and sudden loss of team morale, should Kobe hold a players-only meeting?

Kobe hasn't shown any signs of being unhappy with Byron's work. According to Byron, Kobe agrees with him about the handling of the rookies. I'm not sure what a meeting would accomplish. Kobe is beyond being worried about the outcome of this season. He already acknowledged they aren't going anywhere.

A players-only meeting doesn't always have to be a mutiny. It could be used as a play by a veteran captain to address the younger player's mentality and work ethic from a player's perspective. The rookies might have lost confidence from all of the losses and duly need a morale boost.
LakerEric
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:05 am    Post subject:

Why? He's pro-Byron. I'm just waiting for him to retire.
andree
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:02 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
youcantguardme wrote:
Are there Lakers fans out there that actually believe that the team they have on the floor should be winning? I understand varying levels of basketball knowledge and that some people are naturally more optimistic than others but this is just a bad team.

So last season Utah was projected to win about 20-25 games. They ended up winning 38 after dumping a 'old school' coach and hiring a smart young coach. Then everyone was talking about how awesome Gobert and Hayward are. I assure you that if Byron was coaching that team, they win less than 20 and people would be talking about how everyone on that roster is garbage.

I couldn't agree more.
And we had that guy in our hand. This is the reason I watch Jazz with interest. And I am impressed. One of the best organized team. Their roster is mediocre at best. But Snyder maximize their potential.
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:52 am    Post subject:

LOL! I saw the thread title and thought the same thing. Kobe is having a great time, he's not physically able to really work out with the team during practices, can insert himself in and out of the lineup at will, no pressure to win or improve... WHY would he rock that boat?

However, the younger guys should group together and agree to run Byron's offense to a T. The offense doesn't work unless you break it, so don't break it, let Lou and everybody else take their long jumpers all game, eventually you're down by 10, down by 20... just trot back on defense, bring the ball up court slowly, let the defense set and then... run Byron's offense... the fans boo, another loss in the books...
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:01 am    Post subject:

Kobe is a big reason why were in this situation. Byron doesn't hold him accountable for anything. It sends a bad message.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: