OFFICIAL LOU WILLIAMS THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 41, 42, 43  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:16 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
twisted wrote:
paolomagma wrote:
24 wrote:
Thing is, you don't see Lou flailing around after no contact. He rarely flails at all, just yoyos his guy and creates the contact and gets the shot up.
Yep. I wouldn't call him a flopper. More like a contact seeker.

Me too, I don't see the flop. He's incredibly crafty in drawing the contact just at the right moment.

OT: I hope Russell picks that up from him. Russell already has a knack for split second passing... I wonder if he can translate that skill into split second contact, like Lou.

Lou's shot motion/pocket is unique that it naturally comes from right to left, so when his man has a hand in the cookie jar, Lou can swing through starting his shooting motion and draw the foul, most players don't swing through there half as much cuz their shooting motions aren't like that.
Even when the defender is riding him on the move going left, he just starts his shot motion and you're in the way when you're on his right hip, and he loves to shoot drifting anyway so it's a natural shot for him.
He creates the contact but it's natural to him for his shot motion and shot attempts

https://vine.co/v/iWhDdjA6PeF see here's Lou's shot, see how it's kind of from the left side of his face. That's somewhat rare, most players shoot on the strong side or mid.

DLO actually does shoot almost similar to Lou tho. https://vine.co/v/eEWl5JQhPE3 when DLo dips the ball he does the sidewinder dip like Lou and brings it to the opposite side. So there's a chance he can pick it up. He doesn't dip the ball as often as Lou tho, and has been dipping less and raised the release - the vine is pre-season

Good analysis!

It seems really weird when we start to complain that our guy draws too many fouls. It could be an after-effect of tanking and losing just to lose. I may need to talk to some of my Philly friends to see if they have some of the same symptoms.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:32 am    Post subject:

He is a capable 2nd to 3rd scorer and can be the leading scorer occasionally. A good sign last summer. Mitch has done quite a good job these 2 years.
davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:41 am    Post subject:

So glad Lou won us this game.
means so much.
Durant has to pay attention now !
who cares if we're more likely to lose a top 3 pick.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:16 am    Post subject:

Lou's trade value is high right now and he is playing better than SwaggyP

Should we trade both of them for picks, get DeRozan and move JC to the 6th man role?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:28 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
twisted wrote:
paolomagma wrote:
24 wrote:
Thing is, you don't see Lou flailing around after no contact. He rarely flails at all, just yoyos his guy and creates the contact and gets the shot up.
Yep. I wouldn't call him a flopper. More like a contact seeker.

Me too, I don't see the flop. He's incredibly crafty in drawing the contact just at the right moment.

OT: I hope Russell picks that up from him. Russell already has a knack for split second passing... I wonder if he can translate that skill into split second contact, like Lou.

Lou's shot motion/pocket is unique that it naturally comes from right to left, so when his man has a hand in the cookie jar, Lou can swing through starting his shooting motion and draw the foul, most players don't swing through there half as much cuz their shooting motions aren't like that.
Even when the defender is riding him on the move going left, he just starts his shot motion and you're in the way when you're on his right hip, and he loves to shoot drifting anyway so it's a natural shot for him.
He creates the contact but it's natural to him for his shot motion and shot attempts

https://vine.co/v/iWhDdjA6PeF see here's Lou's shot, see how it's kind of from the left side of his face. That's somewhat rare, most players shoot on the strong side or mid.

DLO actually does shoot almost similar to Lou tho. https://vine.co/v/eEWl5JQhPE3 when DLo dips the ball he does the sidewinder dip like Lou and brings it to the opposite side. So there's a chance he can pick it up. He doesn't dip the ball as often as Lou tho, and has been dipping less and raised the release - the vine is pre-season

Good analysis!

It seems really weird when we start to complain that our guy draws too many fouls. It could be an after-effect of tanking and losing just to lose. I may need to talk to some of my Philly friends to see if they have some of the same symptoms.

haha man thats exactly it. And i still have some of those symptoms...
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:23 pm    Post subject:

21 points tonight but 0 (zero) defense.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:45 pm    Post subject:

Just wanted to bump this thread to say that Lou's game really pisses me off. He's like Harden, only 10x worse. He takes nothing but horrifically contested long fadeaway jumpers, only to get bailed out by BS foul calls half the time. I feel like 99% of the time with him I'm just thinking to myself "what the (bleep) are you doing?!?!?".

And to top it all off he plays 0 defense whatsoever.

I mean I can see his value coming of the bench for 20 minutes. But playing him 30 a night and giving him such a large role in the offense is just maddening to watch.

Sorry had to vent
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:47 pm    Post subject:

When you play guys out of position you get crap like that.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:48 pm    Post subject:

Starting was never supposed to be his role. He has and always will meant to be the microwave 6th man off the bench. Not only because of his offensive game, but another reason why he needs to play off the bench is so he'll be more hidden defensively. These past two games, Green and McLemore were able to exploit him defensively.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:49 pm    Post subject:

I have a hard time figuring out who is the worst defender on the team

Huertas
Lou
Clarkson
Kobe

tough
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:50 pm    Post subject:

It's like starting Jamal Crawford. The act doesn't work when you're trying to win actual games.
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:00 pm    Post subject:

Is Byron still waiting for us to be mathematically out of the playoffs before making Lou a 6th man again?
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:50 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
I have a hard time figuring out who is the worst defender on the team

Huertas
Lou
Clarkson
Kobe

tough

Kobe has an excuse. He's got mileage. Clarkson is the most disappointing. Huertas couldn't guard people at 24 hours. Lou probably could though.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:11 pm    Post subject:

Why does he keep turning down wide open shots???
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:12 pm    Post subject:

Really hate his game.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:22 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:

DLo was giving him the death stare for passing up two wide open threes that he set him up beautifully on. It's sad watching scott play him in the wrong role. Brilliant bench volume gunner. Underwhelming starter.
akk7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:28 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
defense wrote:

DLo was giving him the death stare for passing up two wide open threes that he set him up beautifully on. It's sad watching scott play him in the wrong role. Brilliant bench volume gunner. Underwhelming starter.

Don't you kind of see the bench volume gunner thing dying down now. Good teams have gone away with that microwave bench scorer, for more well rounded players off the bench. For example, I like Cory Joe more than Lou, especially because of his defense. His contract was bigger than Lou's though.

I know you like Lou, but I'm really not enamored with him going forward. I just value a more well rounded player, but that means you need to cough up more cash. Great value with his contract though at 7 mill.

I flip flop on Lou. I see his value, but his deficiencies really irk me (i.e defensively, tunnel vision at times, and watching the same move every time )
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:41 pm    Post subject:

akk7 wrote:
24 wrote:
defense wrote:

Don't you kind of see the bench volume gunner thing dying down now. Good teams have gone away with that microwave bench scorer, for more well rounded players off the bench. For example, I like Cory Joe more than Lou, especially because of his defense. His contract was bigger than Lou's though.

I know you like Lou, but I'm really not enamored with him going forward. I just value a more well rounded player, but that means you need to cough up more cash. Great value with his contract though at 7 mill.

I flip flop on Lou. I see his value, but his deficiencies really irk me (i.e defensively, tunnel vision at times, and watching the same move every time )

That's a fair question, but like I've said previously, Byron's schemes on both ends tend to play to his worst tendencies. On a good team with a spread, uptempo offense, he does call his number a fair amount with or without a pick when given the ball up top, but he's elite at both from a ppp standpoint, so it's not a problem on the bench, where getting consistent high efficiency offense can be an issue. What's more, in a real scheme, he's also a relentless transition runner, cutter, and spot up guy, and is elite at those too. And he defends better in a real scheme too. Not great, but adequate. Definitely a plus player on your bench in the right set, and that's big value at 7 mil. Just needs to not be on a scott coached team.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:43 pm    Post subject:

How about his patented stand on the 40 foot line until he gets the ball? He cuts to the basket like once every 3 games
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:45 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
defense wrote:

Absolutely. He'd be the best 6th man. Hold up.......
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:48 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
How about his patented stand on the 40 foot line until he gets the ball? He cuts to the basket like once every 3 games

He's learned what most of the guys have learned. Cutting hard just leads to watching the action from the weak side in Scott's offense.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:48 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
defense wrote:

He's learned what most of the guys have learned. Cutting hard just leads to watching the action from the weak side in Scott's offense.

So youre saying he needs to man up?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:50 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
24 wrote:
defense wrote:

So youre saying he needs to man up?

He man's up Byron style. He knows where to get the ball.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:39 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Lou's trade value is high right now and he is playing better than SwaggyP

Should we trade both of them for picks, get DeRozan and move JC to the 6th man role?

No pick will give us the production that Lou does.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 1:27 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Casey has not directly said it, but has hinted that one of the problems with Toronto’s rotation last year was that Sixth Man of the Year Lou Williams did a great job scoring,

but was so lax on defense that it dragged down the whole team.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/bismack-byombo-cory-joseph-raptors-cavs-game-3-eastern-conference-finals/m3wji6qaupz11qpfq8aqquirk?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 16 of 43
Jump to: