Report: Byron Scott on 2 month Trial to save his job (Update: People in NBA expects Scott will be Fired)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:20 am    Post subject:

LoyalLakerfan44 wrote:
Lakers2015 wrote:
Wino wrote:
The ONLY thing that is gonna save this team is to land a top pick in the draft and get a Franchise player. Without that, we are going to be a cellar dweller for the next 20 years. We have to have enough talent to attract talent and we have to have a FO that people want to play for.

Jim Buss has been blacklisted for the way he treated everyone during the strike years ago, the continual hiring and firing of the coaches and the way he has treated players like Pau. They all add together to paint a bad picture for the man. He has to go, and a very credible/competent person needs to be brought in to run this team.

This team is going nowhere with him in charge!!!

We already have two potential franchise players in Randle and Russell. We'll be just fine. One kid is already averaging a double double as a rookie and undersized power forward which is something you rarely see. The other is averaging numbers at 19 that only one LeBron James did at the same age. This with a incompatent buffoon as a head coach with no system to best utilize their skill sets. They're both excelling on raw talent alone. Just imagine as they both get more experience and improve their games over the summer. They'll both be stars in this league and if we get Ben Simmons or Ingram we have without a doubt the best young core in basketball.

Come on potential franchise players please..lol These two are going to be good players but never superstar material needed to put the team in contention. I don't know what people in this place are smoking. Unless they can get a top super star from free agency they will be stuck in the mud and suck for the next 10 years. Until Jimbo gets his butt out of the FO we can keep changing coaches until the universe dies and nothing will change. Everybody at LG just loves to put blame on coaches when coaches are not the ones shooting dribbling and playing defense. There's not a coach in the world that can change this team into a playoff team. The nba is all about superstars and the Lakers don't have one. People need to get that through their thick skulls. Russell, Randle, Nance, and Clarkson are not superstars. With time they will get better but will never be the type of players that other coaches have to design defenses in other to stop them. I actually want the Lakers to fire Byron, and hire Walton so I can see this forum crying for Walton's head after a couple of seasons. Again it all starts at the top, Jim is a looser and has zero leadership skills. His name should not be associated with any basketball team period.

I disagree about DLO. And lots of national writers who are now turning their eyes back on the Lakers due to Byron's antics are also coming to the realization that DLO is going to be a special player. Randle/Nance/JC, fine, I can agree that their ceilings may not be superstar material.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:21 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
As Fiend aptly put it, I think the 2 month trial is the equivalent of Michael Corleone calling of killing his brother Freddo until his mother died.

In this case, Mitch/FO is holding off the hit on Freddo (Byron) until the matriarch (patriarch) of the team (Kobe) retires. No need in their minds to cause unnecessary controversy during the KFT. But once that's over, I hope the resolution to get rid of Scott will be swift. Take him out to a golf course where he thinks they'll be playing 36 holes...then finish the job. (while Mitch stares outside the window of his office).

I think they'll wait until after the lottery. His LP% is just too good to not take for one last spin.

Right after we get a top 3 pick, Mitch will invite him to go out to a golf course with Ron Artest.
LoyalLakerfan44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:39 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LoyalLakerfan44 wrote:
Lakers2015 wrote:
Wino wrote:
The ONLY thing that is gonna save this team is to land a top pick in the draft and get a Franchise player. Without that, we are going to be a cellar dweller for the next 20 years. We have to have enough talent to attract talent and we have to have a FO that people want to play for.

Jim Buss has been blacklisted for the way he treated everyone during the strike years ago, the continual hiring and firing of the coaches and the way he has treated players like Pau. They all add together to paint a bad picture for the man. He has to go, and a very credible/competent person needs to be brought in to run this team.

We already have two potential franchise players in Randle and Russell. We'll be just fine. One kid is already averaging a double double as a rookie and undersized power forward which is something you rarely see. The other is averaging numbers at 19 that only one LeBron James did at the same age. This with a incompatent buffoon as a head coach with no system to best utilize their skill sets. They're both excelling on raw talent alone. Just imagine as they both get more experience and improve their games over the summer. They'll both be stars in this league and if we get Ben Simmons or Ingram we have without a doubt the best young core in basketball.

Come on potential franchise players please..lol These two are going to be good players but never superstar material needed to put the team in contention. I don't know what people in this place are smoking. Unless they can get a top super star from free agency they will be stuck in the mud and suck for the next 10 years. Until Jimbo gets his butt out of the FO we can keep changing coaches until the universe dies and nothing will change. Everybody at LG just loves to put blame on coaches when coaches are not the ones shooting dribbling and playing defense. There's not a coach in the world that can change this team into a playoff team. The nba is all about superstars and the Lakers don't have one. People need to get that through their thick skulls. Russell, Randle, Nance, and Clarkson are not superstars. With time they will get better but will never be the type of players that other coaches have to design defenses in other to stop them. I actually want the Lakers to fire Byron, and hire Walton so I can see this forum crying for Walton's head after a couple of seasons. Again it all starts at the top, Jim is a looser and has zero leadership skills. His name should not be associated with any basketball team period.

I disagree about DLO. And lots of national writers who are now turning their eyes back on the Lakers due to Byron's antics are also coming to the realization that DLO is going to be a special player. Randle/Nance/JC, fine, I can agree that their ceilings may not be superstar material.

Reggie Miller said it right on national tv when he said these guys need to work on their game in the summer. He did acknowledge that Byron was not the coach for this young group, but that Byron would be a good coach with already seasoned superstars. The style of isolation basketball is ok when you've got players that can bring it and that are on the top of their game. I can see Scott winning with Durant, Westbrook, Lillard or any top player in the NBA. He does not relate well with new generation young players, he's not a communicator in that sense. However Miller said there were some that thought Russell was not worthy of that 2nd pick.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:40 am    Post subject:

Miller is a blowhard. I don't trust his analysis of anything. Great player, bad talent evaluator. If you're relying on Miller for analysis of DLO, I think that's a bad start.
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:51 am    Post subject:

LoyalLakerfan44 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LoyalLakerfan44 wrote:
Lakers2015 wrote:
Wino wrote:

Reggie Miller said it right on national tv when he said these guys need to work on their game in the summer. He did acknowledge that Byron was not the coach for this young group, but that Byron would be a good coach with already seasoned superstars. The style of isolation basketball is ok when you've got players that can bring it and that are on the top of their game. I can see Scott winning with Durant, Westbrook, Lillard or any top player in the NBA. He does not relate well with new generation young players, he's not a communicator in that sense. However Miller said there were some that thought Russell was not worthy of that 2nd pick.

Who would want this coach when you have all star talent, we already know what happens when he has a player like Kidd or CP3. Underachieving, lost locker room, etc. Just stop with the excuses, he shouldn't be coaching anymore.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
Easiest part of the schedule came early and is long past. I don't think winning 2-3 games a month and sneaking in a few more wins near the end of the season, when teams are resting for the playoffs is going to save him.

I don't see the point of further torturing the fans...and the rookies, just do it now.

Yeah, but the more we lose we keep our pick thus why the Lakers are not firing him now.

Do you think we'll lose our pick if Mark Madsen coaches the rest of the season? I don't think so, but it will clear the air, so to speak

I wouldn't care because losing the pick would mean that the team is playing better and getting more wins. Isn't that what we should want?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:23 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
999 wrote:
I swear to (bleep) god. David stern is chancellor palpatine and that veto is order 66 What we see today has spiraled into a complete destruction of the laker republic

pretty much how i see it.

remember how dr. buss came out saying how he's actually for all of this? but i don't remember him explaining why. i don't get it. maybe he was just being polite? i don't know. he was basically saying that he supports taking actions that benefit the rest of the league at the expense of the lakers, and pretty much ONLY the Lakers.

There's only one other team at the time that could be accused of causing non-parity, and that is the Spurs. but look...Spurs are still same ol. The only team that suffered after the cba was the Lakers. I honestly think the word wouldn't even exist in the nba if not for the Lakers.

I never understood that comment.

Dr. Buss knew that his investment in the Lakers was only as strong as the NBA was. It would do him no good for the league to be weakened.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:25 pm    Post subject:

Wino wrote:

Good thing that Jeannie is in charge then.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:26 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
adkindo wrote:
This makes me nervous. First, tons of research in human behavior and management theory demonstrate that it is quite easy for people or employees to change/improve in the short term to pacify a superior to seek reward, but often revert to previous behavior once reward is received. I don't put it past Byron to be just enough un-Byron like to string together some wins, etc., and our FO use it as an excuse to keep him. Second, if he suddenly shows improvement, we still go nowhere while losing our pick.

Byron resorted to his old ways in the second half.

Respectable first half. Played DLO early and in heavy minutes (~15 mins). Played Tarik Black who was impactful to say the least.

Second half? Played most of the starting unit for the entire 3rd quarter, no Tarik Black until the 4th and pulled DLO like 2-3 mins again.

Sometimes, honestly, I think Byron thinks he's a player again. And he forgets about coaching when he's out there.

The unit that gave up the lead included Black, DLO and Clarkson
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:35 pm    Post subject:

LoyalLakerfan44 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LoyalLakerfan44 wrote:
Lakers2015 wrote:
Wino wrote:

Lol Miller is an idiot when it comes to player analysis. He said Lance might not be as athletic as Randle or DLo during a game. And he was actually praising him. It'd take a special kind of idiot to say athleticism is one thing Lance lacks.

He changes his opinion on DLo constantly as well. He was criticizing him at the start of Sac game and then like "he's doing this at 19" when he had that great run. Dude's a constant BS er. And he's biased towards Byron as they were teammates. Constantly defending his treatment of youngsters when he's covering Laker games.
composite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:27 pm    Post subject:

bandiger wrote:
LoyalLakerfan44 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LoyalLakerfan44 wrote:
Lakers2015 wrote:
Wino wrote:

Who would want this coach when you have all star talent, we already know what happens when he has a player like Kidd or CP3. Underachieving, lost locker room, etc. Just stop with the excuses, he shouldn't be coaching anymore.

I'm not a Byron fan. But he did well with other teams. I don't know how anyone can say he underachieved with Kidd and CP3. The Nets and Hornets franchises reached the farthest in the playoffs under Byron Scott.
They haven't come close to anything like that since.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:32 pm    Post subject:

^ But times have changed. He's running the same (bleep) he did in 2002 today. Not going to work.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:49 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
adkindo wrote:
This makes me nervous. First, tons of research in human behavior and management theory demonstrate that it is quite easy for people or employees to change/improve in the short term to pacify a superior to seek reward, but often revert to previous behavior once reward is received. I don't put it past Byron to be just enough un-Byron like to string together some wins, etc., and our FO use it as an excuse to keep him. Second, if he suddenly shows improvement, we still go nowhere while losing our pick.

Byron resorted to his old ways in the second half.

Respectable first half. Played DLO early and in heavy minutes (~15 mins). Played Tarik Black who was impactful to say the least.

Second half? Played most of the starting unit for the entire 3rd quarter, no Tarik Black until the 4th and pulled DLO like 2-3 mins again.

Sometimes, honestly, I think Byron thinks he's a player again. And he forgets about coaching when he's out there.

The unit that gave up the lead included Black, DLO and Clarkson

That is a statement.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:45 am    Post subject:

So people around the League expect Byron to be fired?

I don't think the Lakers will fire him then. I think they might even keep him for next season. They seem to go the total opposite of popular belief.
singlecamVTEC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:51 am    Post subject:

With the way Laker FO is going.. I feel like there might be a curve ball somewhere.

"Byron Scott 2 month trial...............before he receives his extension."
jumpinmp
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:44 pm    Post subject:

It turns out BScott is on a 2 month drug trial for a new pill that's supposed to deal with stress and anger.

It has nothing to do with his tenure as the Laker's HC.
Lakersneuron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:49 pm    Post subject:

This is all you need to know: we have a better roster than last year and we are much worse.

We need continuity but not with Byron at the helm. Walton, Thibs, Blatt, Hammon for example. It's a buyers market as far as coaches are concerned.
"I don’t give a [expletive] what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations.' Well, [expletive] you. Because I don’t play for your [expletive] approval."
BennyLava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:52 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
^ But times have changed. He's running the same (bleep) he did in 2002 today. Not going to work.

Byron needs a player who just know instinctively what to do, not ones that he has to teach what to do.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:55 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
Easiest part of the schedule came early and is long past. I don't think winning 2-3 games a month and sneaking in a few more wins near the end of the season, when teams are resting for the playoffs is going to save him.

I don't see the point of further torturing the fans...and the rookies, just do it now.

Yeah, but the more we lose we keep our pick thus why the Lakers are not firing him now.

Do you think we'll lose our pick if Mark Madsen coaches the rest of the season? I don't think so, but it will clear the air, so to speak

I wouldn't care because losing the pick would mean that the team is playing better and getting more wins. Isn't that what we should want?

In theory, although it's possible all our remaining wins come against teams either trying to tank (Philly, PHX) or better designed to tank accidentally (Minny, Brooklyn).
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:55 pm    Post subject:

BennyLava wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Byron needs a player who just know instinctively what to do, not ones that he has to teach what to do.

So basically a team where he doesn't have to coach (i.e. Kidd).
BennyLava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:11 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
BennyLava wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

BINGO!
10scott10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:37 pm    Post subject:

BennyLava wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BennyLava wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

BINGO!

So then, why have a coach?

I was seeing today that the Lakers are 1st in percent of shots off of isolation, but 27th in efficiency on shots off of isolation. We have a system that encourages players to take bad shots, and we're terrible at making them
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: