OFFICIAL GARY LANCE JR THREAD - traded :(
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 83, 84, 85 ... 219, 220, 221  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:21 pm    Post subject:

Nance out with Knee soreness again. His knee is worrisome. Being so young, he shouldn't be having recurring knee soreness.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:23 pm    Post subject:

He rushed back from ACL surgery for the tourney instead of recovering properly.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:25 pm    Post subject:

Shut him down until post all star. Better safe than sorry
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:27 pm    Post subject:

Just shut him down of the season if this lingers. This is where I hope management steps up. Byron will blindly play him into another injury.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:46 pm    Post subject:

Byron isn't playing him into an injury, an injury would be the result of Nance's previous actions.
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:53 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Roon wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Legacy wrote:
Yeah, if you look back at the debate I had with another poster earlier, my entire point was that Harden is a skilled player but not a guy you invest into leading your team to a championship. IMO of course. The free-throw angle was just one direction the convo went in.

I wouldn't invest in him either. I just don't like him -- he's not the type of player I'd want to lead my team.

That said, he's talented enough IMO, that if you give him a top big man, a defensive-minded wing, and a good PG shooter, I think he might get close if not steal one.

Like Dwight Howard, Ariza and...Jason Terry?

No. Ok Ariza maybe sure, Dwight no. Terry is 73 years old dude.

I'm talking about getting Harden a top big man in the game, and a knock down shooter (like 40% ish) at the PG spot to complement his game. Plus, a lockdown wing defender to take the pressure off.

Get him those and im not saying its a lock, but, he'd have a chance for sure.

I'm not saying they succeeded, but the Rockets tried to do that.

Dwight was supposed to be a top big man. Ariza does pretty well on the wing. Terry was only like 65 when they signed him.

Harden may be able to win with a great team, sure, but I'm a strong proponent of your best player needs to be a two way player.
Rawr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:07 pm    Post subject:

Why the hell have they been trotting Nance out when he is having persistent knee and lingering knee problems?

This is why I'm happy Vitty is retiring. He's been doing this over and over again in the last few years.
scburien
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:33 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
He rushed back from ACL surgery for the tourney instead of recovering properly.

This is false info.

Nance hurt his ACL on February 19th, 2014 his Junior year. He then had surgery in March of 2014 and rehabbed it all spring, summer and fall of 2014 over the course of 8 months with doctors not only from the University of Wyoming but also from the Cleveland Cavaliers since his father had connections.

He then played his whole senior year just fine. Took him a few games to get going more from a mental aspect than anything else but he never injured his knee his Senior year. So he never rushed anything for the NCAA tournament as he was never injured during that whole season.

Just clearing that up for anyone that still doesn't know. His knee injury was his Junior year in college so it has been two full years almost now since it happened.

As far as his knee soreness now who knows why he is having issues with it. Unless he tweaked it in a game or practice somehow or maybe it is sore because you are playing a lot more in the NBA than you even do in college . Hope he can get it healed and be healthy.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:59 am    Post subject:

Larry Nance Injury: Updates on Lakers PF's Knee and Return
Quote:
The Lakers announced on Monday that they will shut down forward Larry Nance Jr. until after the All-Star break due to a sore right knee.

The rookie has appeared in 40 games this season, starting 22 of them and has averaged 5.8 points and 5.0 rebounds per contest.

Nance's knee has been bothering him recently, which alarmed head coach Byron Scott, via Shahan Ahmed of NBCLosAngeles.com:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2612977-larry-nance-injury-updates-on-lakers-pfs-knee-and-return
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:13 am    Post subject:

Damn...that's not a good sign. I hope everything is ok but a 23 year old sitting out with soreness? When you're a kid you recover so fast that o can understand a game or two but he's been out a while already and allstar break is still a couple weeks away.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:21 am    Post subject:

Roon wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Roon wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Legacy wrote:
Yeah, if you look back at the debate I had with another poster earlier, my entire point was that Harden is a skilled player but not a guy you invest into leading your team to a championship. IMO of course. The free-throw angle was just one direction the convo went in.

I wouldn't invest in him either. I just don't like him -- he's not the type of player I'd want to lead my team.

That said, he's talented enough IMO, that if you give him a top big man, a defensive-minded wing, and a good PG shooter, I think he might get close if not steal one.

Like Dwight Howard, Ariza and...Jason Terry?

No. Ok Ariza maybe sure, Dwight no. Terry is 73 years old dude.

I'm talking about getting Harden a top big man in the game, and a knock down shooter (like 40% ish) at the PG spot to complement his game. Plus, a lockdown wing defender to take the pressure off.

Get him those and im not saying its a lock, but, he'd have a chance for sure.

I'm not saying they succeeded, but the Rockets tried to do that.

Dwight was supposed to be a top big man. Ariza does pretty well on the wing. Terry was only like 65 when they signed him.

Harden may be able to win with a great team, sure, but I'm a strong proponent of your best player needs to be a two way player.

I agree with you. I'm just saying if you get the right pieces around Harden I think he could get close. They may have tried but they failed. I'm saying get him a legit top big man (Howard is not that), a knockdown shooter at the point who can play off Harden, and a legitimate wing defender to take the defensive pressure off. Getting those will let Harden, well, Harden. That still wouldn't mean he'd win, just, and maybe with a little luck and the right matchups, it's reasonable to surmise that maybe he'd be able to steal one.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:58 am    Post subject:

Nance got a shout out from Jackie MacMullan on Around the Horn yesterday. She wants to see him in the dunk contest to become the first father-son NBA dunk contest champions.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:29 am    Post subject:

Hopefully next year, with a fully recovered knee, we'll see Nance in the slam dunk competition.

As for this year, I just hope they get a very clear picture of what's going on with Nance's knee, and whether rest alone is going to be sufficient. If not, Kobe's got some connections.
Shaolin's Finest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:19 pm    Post subject:

Let him take his time to fully recovery, no need to rush back. I admit I am disappointed he won't have a chance to compete in the Dunk Contest. I was looking forward to him representing us after that stinker Shannon Brown laid a couple years ago.
KobeFace
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Hopefully Larry can turn into a serge ibaka type of player.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:25 pm    Post subject:

A Randle/Nance PF tandem for the next decade sounds sweet.
matigol
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:06 am    Post subject:

Larry hinted that he wants to compete in next years dunk contest.

Hard to dunk better than this one. Best dunk i've ever seen:

Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:22 am    Post subject:

Garry Lance is going to have a tough time besting Gordon and Lavine, but I'd like to see him try. I bet he'll do better than Barton and Drummond, and the NBA would love to hype up the father-son connection.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:24 pm    Post subject:

Will Nance play Friday?
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:38 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Will Nance play Friday?

Give nance a chance
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:30 pm    Post subject:

Larry Nance Jr.’s frustration with injuries may end soon

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/20160216/larry-nance-jrs-frustration-with-injuries-may-end-soon
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:47 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/20160216/larry-nance-jrs-frustration-with-injuries-may-end-soon

Even Larry thinks that either himself or Julius can play the 3. Could be something to keep an eye out for and it's also very telling. He doesn't think he can play the 5 (or doesn't want to)
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:50 pm    Post subject:

Welp Scott said he wanted to try it.

That was back in December.. it is now mid February since he was gonna give the lineup he was trying and failing with "a few more games" -_-
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:59 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Even Larry thinks that either himself or Julius can play the 3. Could be something to keep an eye out for and it's also very telling. He doesn't think he can play the 5 (or doesn't want to)

Disappointing to here. Neither should ever play at SF. Nance and Randle should be at the 4/5 (I'm just going to post this is every thread I guess).
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:20 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Disappointing to here. Neither should ever play at SF. Nance and Randle should be at the 4/5 (I'm just going to post this is every thread I guess).

Why would you make Nance or Randle play the 5 when Tarik Black was available? And hopefully still is for us after the trade deadline.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 83, 84, 85 ... 219, 220, 221  Next
Page 84 of 221
Jump to: