Blake Griffin breaks hand in team related incident
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:13 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
I'll just leave this here:

http://i.perezhilton.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/blake-griffin-grabs-trainers-head-on-tv.gif

That explains everything.....
Rough foreplay....

WOW! what the heck?! To do that on TV with all the cameras watching??

So DUMB!!

You can tell the trainer was pissed at him for doing that. If this loser does this in front of the cameras, I can't imagine the nasty things he does behind doors
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:46 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Let's talk about Okafor vs Blake. Literally. Who wins?

Oak has the footwork and also the experience advantage, with more fights under his belt. But Blake has him on athleticism and conditioning in a big way. Blake keeps his distance and wears him down, before finishing with TKO in round 9.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:47 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
Yeah he would have to punch out Chris Paul if that were the case. Usually guys only go postal if its about a woman or $$$ otherwise they don't really let anything else phase them.

Yes, as soon as I heard about it I thought it was likely because of a woman.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:16 pm    Post subject:

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/01/30/doc-rivers-says-clippers-will-let-nba-handle-punishment-for-blake-griffin/

Quote:

Doc Rivers says Clippers will let NBA handle punishment for Blake Griffin

At some point, there will likely be a punishment handed down to Blake Griffin for a recent incident in which he punched a Clippers equipment manager. The NBA is currently conducting an investigation into the night’s events, and once he’s cleared to play (the Clippers say he’s out 4-6 weeks with a broken hand), there will probably be a suspension. Clippers head coach Doc Rivers says he’ll leave that decision up to the league office.

Via ESPN.com’s Kevin Arnovitz:

“Rivers said the Clippers will defer to the league on any punishment meted out to Griffin.

“Both parties will get together,” Rivers said. “Usually the league leads on that stuff.””

Any punishment won’t take place until after Griffin is healed from the hand injury, so that any games he’s suspended aren’t games he would miss anyway. It probably won’t be more than one or two, but look for the league to do something, given the amount of attention the incident got and Griffin’s visibility as one of the biggest stars in the game.
nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:33 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Triangle_Offense wrote:
Apparently he hit one of the team's equipment staff during an argument in Toronto

https://twitter.com/michaeleaves/status/692016233936453632

Hit him multiple times

https://twitter.com/michaeleaves/status/692017233472720896

Oh Clippers some things never change

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CZqOQkXUcAAxu2P.jpg

Actual ad the Clips put out yesterday.

Blake Power.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:05 pm    Post subject:

So less KIA (aka Killed In Argument) commercials?
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:24 pm    Post subject:

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/02/03/report-nba-still-investigating-blake-griffin-incident-punishment-likely/

Quote:

Report: NBA still investigating Blake Griffin incident, punishment likely
The NBA suspended Matt Barnes two games for punching Derek Fisher. The Sixers suspended Jahlil Okafor two games for punching fans (or just people outside clubs) over the summer, and then not coming clean with them about it.

Which means once Blake Griffin‘s hand heals from where he broke it punching a Clippers equipment manager, he can expect to spend a couple more games in street clothes with a suspension.

NBA Commissioner Adam Silver didn’t get into details but hints at a punishment coming in an upcoming podcast with Sam Amick of the USA Today (Amick also used the comments in a story).

““The only update right now is we’re continuing to investigate,” Silver told USA TODAY Sports by phone from his New York office. “There (are) a lot of people that we want to talk to, and ultimately ensure that we have as complete an understanding as possible as to exactly what happened.

“I’d say from the league’s standpoint, of course it’s the last thing that you want to see happen. And whether it’s in the NBA, or in any industry, you have one co-worker, in essence, punching another co-worker. That’s a terrible thing. Blake has acknowledged that. But at the same time, I know he recognizes that there are consequences of his actions.””

The Clippers decided not to punish Griffin themselves, but they had to know this was coming. It’s a black eye for the league to have its stars giving team employees black eyes, and the NBA remains ever concerned about its image. So it will slap Griffin on the wrist, so to speak.

Griffin is not expected back on the court until March, maybe late March, so there is no pressure on the NBA to get this investigation done quickly.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:00 pm    Post subject:

The Clippers should have suspended him for one game if they think the league was going to sit him for two.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:19 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
So less KIA (aka Killed In Argument) commercials?

Now that you bring it up, I haven't seen a single Blake/Kia commercial since the incident.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:24 pm    Post subject:

Well here's what his hand looks like

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/02/04/photo-of-blake-griffins-hand/
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:35 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/02/03/report-nba-still-investigating-blake-griffin-incident-punishment-likely/

Quote:

The NBA suspended Matt Barnes two games for punching Derek Fisher. The Sixers suspended Jahlil Okafor two games for punching fans (or just people outside clubs) over the summer, and then not coming clean with them about it.

Which means once Blake Griffin‘s hand heals from where he broke it punching a Clippers equipment manager, he can expect to spend a couple more games in street clothes with a suspension.

NBA Commissioner Adam Silver didn’t get into details but hints at a punishment coming in an upcoming podcast with Sam Amick of the USA Today (Amick also used the comments in a story).

““The only update right now is we’re continuing to investigate,” Silver told USA TODAY Sports by phone from his New York office. “There (are) a lot of people that we want to talk to, and ultimately ensure that we have as complete an understanding as possible as to exactly what happened.

“I’d say from the league’s standpoint, of course it’s the last thing that you want to see happen. And whether it’s in the NBA, or in any industry, you have one co-worker, in essence, punching another co-worker. That’s a terrible thing. Blake has acknowledged that. But at the same time, I know he recognizes that there are consequences of his actions.””

The Clippers decided not to punish Griffin themselves, but they had to know this was coming. It’s a black eye for the league to have its stars giving team employees black eyes, and the NBA remains ever concerned about its image. So it will slap Griffin on the wrist, so to speak.

Griffin is not expected back on the court until March, maybe late March, so there is no pressure on the NBA to get this investigation done quickly.

Considering the circumstances of those two incidents, two games would be light. With Barnes, you had a personal issue that went beyond the basketball relationship (and believe me, that's not excusing Barnes at all), with Okafor you have fans who helped incite the incidents (again, not making an excuse for him either).

But with Blake, he punched a team employee while apparently at a team function. In the real world, that likely gets you fired. Granted, he's going to miss games because of the injury, but I'd tack on four games after the fact at least.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:20 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

Quote:

Considering the circumstances of those two incidents, two games would be light. With Barnes, you had a personal issue that went beyond the basketball relationship (and believe me, that's not excusing Barnes at all), with Okafor you have fans who helped incite the incidents (again, not making an excuse for him either).

But with Blake, he punched a team employee while apparently at a team function. In the real world, that likely gets you fired. Granted, he's going to miss games because of the injury, but I'd tack on four games after the fact at least.

Yup.

And apparently they are looking at trading him (Blake) now altogether.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:39 am    Post subject:

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/02/05/report-blake-griffin-has-second-procedure-on-hand-timeline-remains-unchanged/

Quote:
Report: Blake Griffin has second procedure on hand, timeline remains unchanged
Blake Griffin will still return to the Clippers some time in March (barring any setbacks).

That said, he had a second procedure this week to repair the boxer’s fracture in his right hand, reports Ramona Shelburne of ESPN.

“Clippers forward Blake Griffin underwent a second procedure this week on his broke right hand, sources told ESPN. The procedure was a part of the original surgery last week, so sources said the 4-6 week timeframe for his return remains unchanged.”

This might help explain why Griffin’s hand looked so swollen and scarred this week. But to be clear, this was a planned second procedure, not a setback.

Griffin suffered the fracture punching a Clippers’ equipment manager while everyone was out to dinner in Toronto recently, while Griffin was still sidelined with a quadricep injury. The Clippers have moved on, but it is likely the league will tack on a couple of game suspension for Griffin upon his return to health.

And no, the Clippers are not looking to trade Griffin in spite of this. So stop asking.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:18 pm    Post subject:

update: Griffin will be suspended for 4 games

I really wanna see the full story. Four games is a pretty heavy punishment. Im sure they wanted to make an example out of one of the biggest stars in the NBA.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:22 pm    Post subject:

27 wrote:

I really wanna see the full story. Four games is a pretty heavy punishment. Im sure they wanted to make an example out of one of the biggest stars in the NBA.

Sounds about spot on to me (see my prior post as to reasoning).
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:28 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
27 wrote:

Sounds about spot on to me (see my prior post as to reasoning).

I just read it...very impressive call with good logic.
Ahnfire24
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:44 pm    Post subject:

Guess they won't be trading him
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:05 pm    Post subject:

27 wrote:

That is the punishment from the Clippers right? Could he get more from the nba?
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:07 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
27 wrote:

according to bleacher report, the suspension is from the NBA. Clippers said before that they will just follow what the NBA does and it seems like the 4 games will be it for that incident.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:47 pm    Post subject:

27 wrote:

Clippers screwed up, they should have immediately suspended him for one game and that is all he would have had to sit.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:48 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
27 wrote:

The source of the suspension has been answered, but as for your second question, no. The CBA prohibits a player from being punished twice for the same infraction. So if the Clips had suspended him for one game, the league couldn't have punished him at all.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:14 pm    Post subject:

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:18 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
https://youtu.be/TA7s6ogmYPA

he still doesn't deserve any respect what so ever
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:05 pm    Post subject:

He should come back 4 games before he's 100% healthy.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:46 pm    Post subject:

999 wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
https://youtu.be/TA7s6ogmYPA

he still doesn't deserve any respect what so ever
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5
Jump to: