***Official*** 2015 NFL Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 104, 105, 106

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:12 am    Post subject:

Of course Denver's defense had something to do with this, but...Carolina was just awful. They really played a bad game. It was clear early that they were playing tight and nervous. On Carolina's first series, Cam missed a simple throw that would have been an easy first down; no one was near the guy. On the second series was the Cotchery bobbled play where he never should have bobbled that so badly in the first place (I still think it was a catch, but it should have been an easy catch). They took penalties on punt returns that hurt their field position. They had false start penalties. They got the ball near midfield down only 3, proceeded to go 3-and-out, and then watched in horror as their punter not only got off a terribly short kick, but then their punt cover men didn't bother to make a tackle. They were just off, as if overcome by the occasion. And despite their horrible first half, they were still down only 13-7 at the half, and receiving the 2nd half kickoff.

And then Cotchery dropped a ball down the right sideline that would have made it first and goal at the 2. He catches that, and it's highly likely that Carolina goes up 14-13. They could have exhaled a bit and finally been ahead, with Denver having to play catch up. That was the biggest play of the game IMO. They were chasing the game, always, and if he catches that, they wouldn't have been.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:54 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
Yeah they do

And they still get it wrong? What's up with that?

http://nypost.com/2016/02/07/stephen-a-smith-leads-twitter-fury-over-super-bowl-refs/

I mean a part of the ball touched the ground and then the ball came loose, I don't see why there is rage. You can't deny these facts. Which means that's not a catch.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:19 am    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
Yeah they do

http://nypost.com/2016/02/07/stephen-a-smith-leads-twitter-fury-over-super-bowl-refs/

I mean a part of the ball touched the ground and then the ball came loose, I don't see why there is rage. You can't deny these facts. Which means that's not a catch.

Yeah, I don't understand it either. It's a textbook case. It was called incomplete on the field. He never had control of the ball before going to the ground (the football move that is required to establish control) and the ball touches the ground and he never even really had it after that.

You can't overturn that call with that video evidence. That's the way the rule works, and it worked there.
Conker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:02 am    Post subject:

Ted Ginn and his butterfingers.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:05 am    Post subject:

Conker wrote:
Ted Ginn and his butterfingers.

There's the Ted Ginn Dolphins fans know.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:41 am    Post subject:

when i saw Cam Newton celebrated after the NFC championship game, i said to myself wow, that reminded me of how Iverson celebrated after winning the east title in 2001, and both ended up losing in the final round. i'm just not a big fan of this kind of celebration i don't care if it's a culture thing, the task isn't done, why celebrating like a bunch of fools?
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:55 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Of course Denver's defense had something to do with this, but...Carolina was just awful. They really played a bad game. It was clear early that they were playing tight and nervous. On Carolina's first series, Cam missed a simple throw that would have been an easy first down; no one was near the guy. On the second series was the Cotchery bobbled play where he never should have bobbled that so badly in the first place (I still think it was a catch, but it should have been an easy catch). They took penalties on punt returns that hurt their field position. They had false start penalties. They got the ball near midfield down only 3, proceeded to go 3-and-out, and then watched in horror as their punter not only got off a terribly short kick, but then their punt cover men didn't bother to make a tackle. They were just off, as if overcome by the occasion. And despite their horrible first half, they were still down only 13-7 at the half, and receiving the 2nd half kickoff.

And then Cotchery dropped a ball down the right sideline that would have made it first and goal at the 2. He catches that, and it's highly likely that Carolina goes up 14-13. They could have exhaled a bit and finally been ahead, with Denver having to play catch up. That was the biggest play of the game IMO. They were chasing the game, always, and if he catches that, they wouldn't have been.

Carolina never got into any offensive rhythm. Broncos gave them trouble all night long. This was the same defense that gave the Patriots fits in the AFC championship game. When the defense puts some much pressure the QB is bound to panic or make mistakes.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:16 pm    Post subject:

The game was lost on the front line of Carolina, which is why Cam couldn't find open receivers or later in the game, couldn't find a running lane and later didn't fall onto that fumble. Cam's physically tough, but after getting sacked and hit repeatedly, he pretty much checked himself out of the game psychologically.

Carolina really needs to land a quality LT in the first round, as Michael Oher of "The Blind Side" fame was absolutely demolished by Ware. The RT Remmers should get a share of the Super Bowl MVP money from Von Miller, as he was an absolute turnstile.
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:39 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
Yeah they do

I think its a catch. this is a better video. his thumb looks like its under the ball

https://youtu.be/OxEAZlWdtzw
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:58 pm    Post subject:

Nnamdi21 wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
Yeah they do

I think its a catch. this is a better video. his thumb looks like its under the ball

Even if one feels the ball never touched the ground, he never had control of the ball. It is constantly shifting around. More importantly, you can't overturn the call on the field with that questionable evidence.
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:16 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Nnamdi21 wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
Yeah they do

Even if one feels the ball never touched the ground, he never had control of the ball. It is constantly shifting around. More importantly, you can't overturn the call on the field with that questionable evidence.

hmmm If the ball never touched the ground then he eventually got full control of the ball and it was a complete catch. The video displays that clearly. A player can bobble the ball all the way to the endzone and at the last second have control and it would be ruled a catch. Not sure where you got that he never had control of the ball even if one feels the ball never touched the ground from.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:19 pm    Post subject:

Nnamdi21 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Nnamdi21 wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
Yeah they do

hmmm If the ball never touched the ground then he eventually got full control of the ball and it was a complete catch. The video displays that clearly. A player can bobble the ball all the way to the endzone and at the last second have control and it would be ruled a catch. Not sure where you got that he never had control of the ball even if one feels the ball never touched the ground from.

He never had complete control and more importantly didn't make the football move before going to the ground while juggling the ball.

And again. Not enough evidence to overturn the call on the field.
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:27 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Nnamdi21 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Nnamdi21 wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
Yeah they do

He never had complete control and more importantly didn't make the football move before going to the ground while juggling the ball.

And again. Not enough evidence to overturn the call on the field.

Well I'm talking about the people who think the ball never hit the ground. It was a catch. He had full control because the ball never hit the ground. The Football move term is used when the ball comes out before a player makes a football move and then its either a fumble or incomplete pass. This has nothing to do with that
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:48 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, I thought it was a catch, because I don't think the ball touched the ground. I can live with the replay ruling, though, because it is at least possible that the ball did touch the ground. "Stands" would be a defensible call either way.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:08 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Yeah, I thought it was a catch, because I don't think the ball touched the ground. I can live with the replay ruling, though, because it is at least possible that the ball did touch the ground. "Stands" would be a defensible call either way.

I thought it was a catch at first. One of the replays revealed the tip of the ball hit the ground. I didn't see the ball move when it hit.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:48 pm    Post subject:

It was a catch. Just ridiculous that it was reviewed and still ruled not a catch. The ball never hit the ground.

Sucks because it completely changed the landscape of the game with the defensive touchdown the next play.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:43 pm    Post subject:

Demarcus Ware will appear on Kimmel tonight kind of odd that Von Miller the MVP isn't in Disneyland(that's where Peyton is) or doing these interviews isn't that what the MVP does?
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:45 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:

Exactly. Way too many mistakes on Carolina's part.

I was absolutely shocked for instance when Tolbert fumbled, he never does that in big moments but did it in the biggest moment.

Cam missed throws he normally makes with ease and sulked too much after bad plays for my liking.

Carolina's receivers were terrible for the most part with the exception of Olsen who Denver focused on and controlled.

Bad time for Carolina to play their worst game of the year, I thought Rivera got outcoached pretty obviously.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:47 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

This just shows how confusing the "catch" rules have become in the NFL.

To me, it is a catch if the ball never touches the ground no matter how much the ball "moves" but apparently I am referencing a rule from another era.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:59 pm    Post subject:

I said going in that if the Broncos could rush for 100 yards their defense would get enough rest to be dominant. They didn't quite get there but were close.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 104, 105, 106
Page 106 of 106
Jump to: