OFFICIAL LAKERS YOUTH MOVEMENT THREAD...A Place to Discuss Our Young Players (Not Swaggy P)!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:38 am    Post subject:

Worthy42 wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
Worthy42 wrote:
It makes me sick to my stomach to see Black get no PT.

Not that I'd ever wish injury on a Laker, but I wouldn't be too disappointed seeing Bass turn an ankle and go out for a week or 2 just so Tarik can show what he can do.

The thing that baffles me most tho is that Tarik showed that he can really play last year. I mean I thought he'd unquestionably be getting at least 15-20 minutes behind hibbert this year just based on last year's performance..

The FO paid Bass. They have to play him... It's not Bass's fault Byron insist on playing him at center where he's a complete turd there.

Bass/Nance Black at center should get equal rotation in their sub lineups. You can also play Bass with Hibbert. But one thing that's clear is that Bass should not be the center.

Just as Lou Wiliams should never run PG...

But Lord Byron insist...

I agree that Black should play C and move Bass to PF.

I think Nance should be sent down to the D-League so he could work on his game and get 30+MPG.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:45 am    Post subject:

cvballa wrote:
Russell1 wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:
how good is this Simons kid that's coming out?

Probably best prospect since Durant

Good way to put it.

He is a sure fire superstar. It's just a matter of how good. If he can learn how to shoot he will be an absolute monster.

I think Anthony Davis was a better prospect, FWIW.
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:50 am    Post subject:

I need to watch this Simmons kid. I'll be watching more college ball again, like last year.

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Not me, I am done with the losing. My hope is that the young guys develop and play good enough the second half of the season to finish well enough that they have a small shot at their pick.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:20 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Not me, I am done with the losing. My hope is that the young guys develop and play good enough the second half of the season to finish well enough that they have a small shot at their pick.

Winning at the 2nd half of the season with literally nothing to win for helps the Lakers very little. In fact, it's the exact opposite of helping it.

Plus there isn't a choice here. You can be "done" with losing all you want but the Lakers will continue to lose more and more games with Byron coaching.

However I also want to see the young guys develop of course. That will always be the main priority. Regardless of winning or losing.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:28 pm    Post subject:

No, these youngsters putting it together and winning in the second half of the season would be a great thing for their development. That is what I hope to see, and that would be a huge lift going into next season. The last thing this franchise needs is to be Philly West.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:30 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
No, these youngsters putting it together and winning in the second half of the season would be a great thing for their development. That is what I hope to see, and that would be a huge lift going into next season. The last thing this franchise needs is to be Philly West.

Except again, Byron is coaching. We ARE the Philly West whether we like it or not.

The young guys are already putting it together which is great, except it won't win us games because Byron will continue to use piss poor rotations and let Kobe jack up and brick long contested shots. That's the reality.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:33 pm    Post subject:

Part of not winning is our young perimeter players being killed on defense. That is something I expect to see improve as the season progresses.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:41 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Part of not winning is our young perimeter players being killed on defense. That is something I expect to see improve as the season progresses.

You won't see any of that improve much this season if Byron's last 5 years of coaching are anything to go by with his teams being among the worst at defense in the NBA.

I take the defense from our young core with a grain of salt because of that. We won't see much improvement with defense until Luke Walton or a new coach gets here.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

You won't see any of that improve much this season if Byron's last 5 years of coaching are anything to go by with his teams being among the worst at defense in the NBA.

I take the defense from our young core with a grain of salt because of that. We won't see much improvement with defense until Luke Walton or a new coach gets here.

Well if the players aren't going to take it upon themselves to improve then maybe they were stretch picks. Clarkson is in his second season, he should be better than he is.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:12 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Megaton wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Well if the players aren't going to take it upon themselves to improve then maybe they were stretch picks. Clarkson is in his second season, he should be better than he is.

We already see Russell being a good defender. Both Clarkson and Randle have the athleticism to be as such as well. And many stars in the league didn't start out as good defenders either.

Defense is a "TEAM" game. It's not something to rely on players individually. Even with a great anchoring big men defenders like Marc Gasol.

I mean look at Roy Hibbert. The guy was a great literally every year before this season. Yet now, even with Hibbert here, we still suck defensively.

When EVERYONE sucks defensively, it's not a players problem, it's a coaching problem. The young core are improving themselves just fine right now.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:57 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

They will get better when we replace hibbert with a center that can step out and hedge or contest jumpers. It's not fair for Russell and clarksonto be run through picks and have no help when the shot goes up. The weak side 3's they keep getting beat on is a defensive scheme issue. I'm not saying they are great defensive players but they are not as bad as it seems. I would say Russell is borderline good and Clarkson is passable ATM. Hibbert is a dinosaur on both ends of the floor.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:55 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

They will get better when we replace hibbert with a center that can step out and hedge or contest jumpers. It's not fair for Russell and clarksonto be run through picks and have no help when the shot goes up. The weak side 3's they keep getting beat on is a defensive scheme issue. I'm not saying they are great defensive players but they are not as bad as it seems. I would say Russell is borderline good and Clarkson is passable ATM. Hibbert is a dinosaur on both ends of the floor.

And yet he's the best player on the team at the moment.
Purp 32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:08 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Yeah, Roy has not been helping whatsoever on ball handlers coming off screens all season long. McCollum and Lillard were getting open looks all night because Hibbert consistently sagged off. I'm not really sure why he continues to do this.
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:11 pm    Post subject:

Purp 32 wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Yeah, Roy has not been helping whatsoever on ball handlers coming off screens all season long. McCollum and Lillard were getting open looks all night because Hibbert consistently sagged off. I'm not really sure why he continues to do this.

Our quickest center is glued to the bench.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:12 pm    Post subject:

The game at Philly will be a good measuring stick to see where we are in relation to our young core vs the Sixers young core.

It could be looked upon as a TANK-A-THON but it also could be a prelude to a future NBA rivalry (Star Wars-style?) if the stars align just right!
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:53 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Except again, Byron is coaching. We ARE the Philly West whether we like it or not.

The young guys are already putting it together which is great, except it won't win us games because Byron will continue to use piss poor rotations and let Kobe jack up and brick long contested shots. That's the reality.

I think the solution is to just send Russell, Clarkson, Nance Jr. and poor Tarik Black to Defenders with Anthony Brown so that they can actually get some reps and mainly to keep them away from that disaster cancer Byron Scott.

Byron would be happy, he could be free to play Kobe at center for 40 minutes a night and maybe experiment with Bass at the lead guard role. Sacre would make a great small forward don't you think?
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:57 pm    Post subject:

I would love to see russell/clarkson/brown/randle/nance lineup at least once this season.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:54 pm    Post subject:

Lakers_Jester wrote:
I would love to see russell/clarkson/brown/randle/nance lineup at least once this season.

I call this the Unicorn lineup.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:56 pm    Post subject:

Worthy42 wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:

I call this the Unicorn lineup.

because Byron Scott has no imagination and we'll never see it?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:57 pm    Post subject:

Still waiting for Brown to get some meaningful PT. Nance seems to have worked his way in.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:14 pm    Post subject:

I think Nance could be a 18ppg player if he developed some skills. He has the potential to be so automatic at the rim it's nuts.
A go-to dribble move to get to the rim a couple times a game. A go-to post move.
The rest of the time he can just hit midrange Js, score on rolls, or run the floor. He should be able to play 8 minutes a game at Center down the line, in a lineup w/ Randle. That could be killer in the future.

Clarkson is primed to breakout in an offense with motion and built in secondary P/R. Him attacking a D that's not set up is problems for the D. If he can improve his handle, 1v1 ability, and keep his 3pt shot consistent - he could be a damn damn good scorer. Improve the defense.

Russell I think is the furthest from what he will be. Until he's CJ Mccullum automatic making jumpers all over the floor, I don't think we've seen him scratch the surface. So perfect the jumper. Then also get your body right. Drive to the rim much more and be able to finish with his good length. Each of the shooting and the driving will open up the passing - and at that point he's one of the most impactful offensive options in the league.

Randle, try to be a Draymond Green clone offensively. Do your best to improve your off-ball motor on both sides of the ball - this is whats gunna keep him from being Draymond on D. He can still be a great overall player, and may have more upside offensively, imo he definitely does. He looks completely unstoppable in transition. Use that special 1v1 ability to make plays for others when the offense stalls/ make quicker decisions when you have a jumper to threaten the D with.

Adding another top 3 pick would just be ridiculous - I'm of the opinion that if the Lakers are competent in player development/coaching, there's no reason why they shouldn't come close to their ceilings individually. Simmons, Ingram, Dunn and we're primed for ridiculous amount of fire power in the future.

Add GP2 maybe, in the 2nd round - he's got all the makings of a Nance or Clarkson. In a functional sense I think he's Isaiah Thomas if he improves his jumper a little - but is also a great defender.

Stack up the assets! We can have a stack of young talent taller than anyone if this summer goes right, seriously we can be ridiculous.
Love the 4 that we have right now.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Liked how Scott stood up for Julius when he got called for a (bleep) rebounding foul.
Refs weren't calling it equal both ways.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:20 am    Post subject:

Lakers' Kids Helping Kobe Find Joy in the Little Things Amid Season Gone Wrong

Quote:
Bryant's smile is real. He is savoring and appreciating his final lap, even if it leads nowhere. And what few realize is that having these at times juvenile teammates has positively affected Bryant's last season.

No one has thought about what they are giving him.

He could not be this "carefree"—his word—if it really mattered whether the Lakers won games. There is lightness to his being in part because he feels the natural joy that youngsters bring to the game, and that is the most important element for Bryant to bring to work in his last season.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2615222-lakers-kids-helping-kobe-find-joy-in-the-little-things-amid-season-gone-wrong
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:17 pm    Post subject:

IM SO EXCITED I CAN'T CONTAIN IT.
SO MANY HIGHLIGHTS TONIGHT

JC's 3ball is so wet. he's shooting like 50% from 3 over the last 10 games
https://vine.co/v/iHZeTFqeFK0
https://twitter.com/DrewGarrisonSBN/status/707423313472004096 HIS ANKLES CLARKSON LET THE MAN LIVE, TWISTER WENT OUT OF STYLE YEARS AGO WHY ARE YOU MAKING HIM PLAY. nance , your celebrations , you're very good at them.

LOOK at this back-to-back sequence from Julius
https://twitter.com/DrewGarrisonSBN/status/707433731167031296
bang bang, dunk dunk. kid looks spry these days.
https://vine.co/v/iHZBa1bTaz0 AND THE RIGHT HAND IS ALIVE
SO ALIVE https://vine.co/v/iH7r9miF1b2

DLO, no, Payton is supposed to be a defender https://vine.co/v/iH73I7e6TEY
DLO, no, you're not supposed to be able to just jump over defenders and finish https://vine.co/v/iH7IQ0r2eOr
27 points !!!!!!! he's here. he's officially the 2nd best rookie in that loaded draft, and he's just getting his sea-legs!!!

they killed tonight. so fun to watch. all over 20points. first trio under 23 to all go for 20 in a game since the Thunder a few years ago.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13
Jump to: