Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:11 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
Again, imo, this has nothing to do with race and all to do with being young and immature.

That's a door Cam opened. I'm kinda going off the top of my head here. I'm remembering McNabb as the same triple threat that Cam is.

Watching Around The Horn. I'm just learning the replay official who called the pass incomplete was a Denver fan.

Why was he allowed to be in the booth?

What does that have to do with Cam Newton?
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:38 pm    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
Ahnfire24 wrote:
Didn't Peyton not even shake Drew Brees' hand after he lost to the Saints?

Not an apples to apples comparison. Cam didn't shake Manning's hand after the game, but he isn't getting criticized for that. It would be a more relevant comparison if Peyton showed up to the PC afterwards and just rudely left. However, that isn't the case.

Actually Cam did shake Manning's had after the game which is why him walking out after the presser just seemed even more strange you would think that would be easier to deal with than shaking the dude's hand after the game.
Ahnfire24
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:44 pm    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
Ahnfire24 wrote:

Not an apples to apples comparison. Cam didn't shake Manning's hand after the game, but he isn't getting criticized for that. It would be a more relevant comparison if Peyton showed up to the PC afterwards and just rudely left. However, that isn't the case.

According to Peyton, that's not what happend.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:50 pm    Post subject:

Ahnfire24 wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
Ahnfire24 wrote:

That's odd considering there are photos of it.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:52 pm    Post subject:

Ahnfire24 wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
Ahnfire24 wrote:

LINK? LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:49 pm    Post subject:

Brady has been notorious in his career for not shaking hands with the opposing QB after losses, only after wins.

He has finally started doing it after losses in the last two years, before that his behavior was far worse than Cam's as far as that goes.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:56 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Brady has been notorious in his career for not shaking hands with the opposing QB after losses, only after wins.

He has finally started doing it after losses in the last two years, before that his behavior was far worse than Cam's as far as that goes.

I don't think this is about shaking hands. It's more about being sore loser,walking out of the presser. He owned up to that, said he was a sore loser.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:10 pm    Post subject:

Yeah the postgame handshake or no handshake doesn't bother me after a championship victory that usually goes to the winners to celebrate.

Leaving the presser is another story. I mean I get why he's upset who wouldn't be but its not a good look especially when it comes from someone who has been showing up his opponents all season long. He can't be surprised when people are enjoying his failures in return.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:24 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
If you showboat when times are good, you should be able to take the heat when times are bad. What he said about, "show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser" was stupid. Many players lose but still show class. That's my take. Handle your (bleep) man.

A Super Bowl Loser Handling His (bleep) With Class
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:29 pm    Post subject:

buduan wrote:
Bottom line? Cam showed he has a lot of b1tch him in him. And it came out at the worst possible time. His teammates may be showing support for him publicly (as any good teammate would) but you know doubts about him are in the back of their mind to some degree.

To the guy kicking around the whole clutching pearls nonsense, yeah you're right in the every day world people don't handle things properly. The b1tch comes out in them too. And they are called out and their reliability, character, integrity, or whatever is called into question as well. It's just not blasted on Sportscenter 24/7 for the world to see.

As a public figure, the face of a franchise, and a hero to a city he has a certain responsibility. He needs to conduct himself in a certain manner. Just like a CEO, a school principal, or the head of the PTA does.

As of right now, that is not a dude that is going to lead any team to a Super Bowl. I could care less about the presser. His body language and "business decision" to not go after that fumble does not inspire a team to win the biggest game on the biggest stage however.

I coach an AAU basketball game, I have teenagers that don't behave like that when the chips are down.

Yes, yes, of course ... think of the children. Think of the children. Even though you could care less, I'm not inclined to waste much more time with this particular issue. Anyway, good luck with your AAU game; assuming things go well, I'm hoping you land the F/T gig.

Lastly, some of the most successful CEOs I've encountered over the years are a lot more like Cam than you (and others) seem to imagine ... but then, you're simply confusing your feelings with reality anyway. Not an uncommon occurrence ...
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:34 pm    Post subject:

buduan wrote:

Quote:
Bottom line? Cam showed he has a lot of b1tch him in him. And it came out at the worst possible time. His teammates may be showing support for him publicly (as any good teammate would) but you know doubts about him are in the back of their mind to some degree.

I don't think they all have doubts. Maybe some do. They sound supportive to me.

RAW VIDEO: Cam Newton addresses media in locker room post Super Bowl

I was wondering how Cam's teammates felt about him not going after the loose ball. I thought it would affect his leadership ability. They chanted we love Cam during the presser. Listen around 5:05 of the video.

LINK

buduan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:30 am    Post subject:

the association wrote:
buduan wrote:

To the guy kicking around the whole clutching pearls nonsense, yeah you're right in the every day world people don't handle things properly. The b1tch comes out in them too. And they are called out and their reliability, character, integrity, or whatever is called into question as well. It's just not blasted on Sportscenter 24/7 for the world to see.

As a public figure, the face of a franchise, and a hero to a city he has a certain responsibility. He needs to conduct himself in a certain manner. Just like a CEO, a school principal, or the head of the PTA does.

As of right now, that is not a dude that is going to lead any team to a Super Bowl. I could care less about the presser. His body language and "business decision" to not go after that fumble does not inspire a team to win the biggest game on the biggest stage however.

I coach an AAU basketball game, I have teenagers that don't behave like that when the chips are down.

Yes, yes, of course ... think of the children. Think of the children. Even though you could care less, I'm not inclined to waste much more time with this particular issue. Anyway, good luck with your AAU game; assuming things go well, I'm hoping you land the F/T gig.

Lastly, some of the most successful CEOs I've encountered over the years are a lot more like Cam than you (and others) seem to imagine ... but then, you're simply confusing your feelings with reality anyway. Not an uncommon occurrence ...

Da fuq are you talking about?

Look, Cam is having a hard enough time getting killed in the media. Deservedly so. With that weight on his shoulders I'm not sure he can support a fan boy on his nuts. M'kay lil slugger?

And oh yeah, you are right about CEO's. That I'm sure of. Many of them are scumbags I'm sure. But as the face of their organizations and the leader of the people they employee they don't throw in the towel without dire consequences.

You'll learn that one day one you're grown.

Watching Cams "business decision" on that fumble is such a stark contrast to watching John Elway, old and washed up, diving for the goalline in the Super Bowl. That's what inspires your team to win. Not letting your inner b1tch out for pretty much the entire game and letting it spill over into the post game press conference.

But hey, your boy has all off season to figure it out. We'll see if he does.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:44 am    Post subject:

Good for Cam. I think more than half of the media and even fans criticising this sound like nasty people themselves , I don't think they'd handle themselves any better if something went wrong in their lives.
And ya Cam is a pro athlete - but which way on the pendulum of "different" is acceptable for him? Dude's rare competitiveness is the reason he's so good, but then he's not allowed to be angry at stupid media questions after the biggest game of his life? Insignificant questions.. The game was more important and so he was still completely engulfed in that. The media is way too entitled - time to cut out the middle-man, so Cam can have some time to breathe and then express his thoughts much better
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: