Do it Mitch! Bulls edition

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:07 pm    Post subject: Do it Mitch! Bulls edition

Thoughts on this trade idea?
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=zpukoyv

Noah (Now out for the year)
McBuckets
Kirk H.

for

Hibbert
Nick Young
Huertas

I would be willing to pay you for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:34 pm    Post subject:

I don't see the Bulls' motivation to accept that trade. Hibbert is a much, much, much worse version of Pau. Huertas is a non factor. And Nick Young is having a career worst year and has multiple years on his contract.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:21 pm    Post subject:

Assuming we keep our top 3 pick, package a re-signed Clarkson, the pick, and a future pick for Butler. That assumes Pau leaves and the Bulls blow it up. If they can then deal Rose for a young player, starting a rebuild with Snell, Clarkson, the top 3 pick and anything they can get for Rose isn't a bad situation. If we can only sign DeRozan this offseason I would be willing to take Rose as well to carry space to 2017.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:59 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Assuming we keep our top 3 pick, package a re-signed Clarkson, the pick, and a future pick for Butler. That assumes Pau leaves and the Bulls blow it up. If they can then deal Rose for a young player, starting a rebuild with Snell, Clarkson, the top 3 pick and anything they can get for Rose isn't a bad situation. If we can only sign DeRozan this offseason I would be willing to take Rose as well to carry space to 2017.

At this tick of the watch, I'm more motivated to keep the pick AND Clarkson. See if the Bulls would move Butler for Randle and future picks.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:50 pm    Post subject:

They wouldn't. If we get this pick at #1 it will be our best trade chip since Kwame's ending contract. Randle will be a better pro than Clarkson, so if I am able to keep one it would be him. I would guess it would take more than just JC and the pick, we don't have many future picks to trade (2020 if we keep this one?). Nance could go back to the Bulls as well.

DLO
DeRozan
Butler
Randle
Black?

next season can be a playoff team. And if we include Rose, we have a max cap spot plus in 2017. If not go after someone like Horford.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:36 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Randle will be a better pro than Clarkson, so if I am able to keep one it would be him.

This is where we differ. I see Randle as a borderline starter in the mold of a Corliss Williamson. He has skills but his size limits him at PF and he lacks the skills to play the 3.

Clarkson is a legitimate starting 2/combo 1 and has a higher upside.

I might dangle Randle for Rose's contract. Rent him for a year and see if he'd thrive as a 6th man.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:19 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Randle will be a better pro than Clarkson, so if I am able to keep one it would be him.

This is where we differ. I see Randle as a borderline starter in the mold of a Corliss Williamson. He has skills but his size limits him at PF and he lacks the skills to play the 3.

I might dangle Randle for Rose's contract. Rent him for a year and see if he'd thrive as a 6th man.

His size is limiting him, in his rookie season no less, to averaging a double-double, something Williamson never did? Wow.

He's pulled down 19 rebounds in two different games. He's had double figure rebounds in multiple games. He's ballin sir and you don't seem to appreciate that. His floor is a damn near a double-double in his rookie season. Now, project what he'll do by his third season when many players bloom.

We've got a good one and I think your missing it because he's not 6'10 in socks.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:20 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, I would hope the "undersized" thing would have been let go of long ago. I can see a decade of JR averaging double doubles, and no years of Clarkson doubling anything. Plus JR has good defense potential. Not a knock on JC, he does very well with what he has, but one was a legit top 7 pick while the other should have been a legit first round pick. The main reason I could see JC being attractive to the Bulls is because they can lock him in cheaply on a long term contract. That is also attractive to the Lakers, until you see you can replace him with Jimmy Butler.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:40 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

His size is limiting him, in his rookie season no less, to averaging a double-double, something Williamson never did? Wow.

He's pulled down 19 rebounds in two different games. He's had double figure rebounds in multiple games. He's ballin sir and you don't seem to appreciate that. His floor is a damn near a double-double in his rookie season. Now, project what he'll do by his third season when many players bloom.

We've got a good one and I think your missing it because he's not 6'10 in socks.

Carlos Boozer put up a dub-dub in his 2nd season, was a multiple time All Star, overpowered players his size and was a defensive liability against bigger players.

Ditto Kevin Love. Ditto Truck Robinson. Ditto Kenny Thomas.

If you can't defend your position as a big, your offensive output doesn't matter.

There are smaller guys who can defend that position. Randle doesn't seem to be one of them. That doesn't mean he lacks value - on a 2nd unit or with a top flight defensive C, he can be a great piece. But for where the Lakers are at - he's the guy I move.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:58 pm    Post subject:

They guy has played 55 NBA games, to determine he can't defend is way, way, way, way, way premature.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:12 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
They guy has played 55 NBA games, to determine he can't defend is way, way, way, way, way premature.

I'll concede the fact that he can get better. He doesn't appear to have received the best coaching.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: