Max Kellerman Show on 710 ESPN radio
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 29, 30, 31  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:30 pm    Post subject:

So, I guess this is the default thread for all 710 radio shows. Anyone else hear Steve Mason coming out as gay (heard it today, but I guess it was on Friday)? Good for him, but I have to say that I definitely did not expect that.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:07 am    Post subject:

Didn't get to hear the show last Friday, it's great that he's able to do this on his own terms and wish to give my congrats to Mase!
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:34 am    Post subject:

Good for you, Steve.

Here's the audio of the 3rd hour of the Mason & Ireland show from Friday...

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/losangeles/play?id=14904656

And here's an article from Outsports talking about it...

http://www.outsports.com/2016/3/7/10766720/steve-mason-gay-espn-radio
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:17 am    Post subject:

Yea, caught the Mason discussion midway. Congrats to Steve for coming out. The most appreciated thing about this was that most of us didn't have a clue. Just tuned in to listen to some guy
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:45 am    Post subject:

Max Kellerman to leave 710AM
http://www.thewrap.com/max-kellerman-to-permanently-replace-skip-bayless-on-espns-first-take/

Too bad he can't take Wiley with him. Actually, enjoyed Max's stay here and wish him luck on his new gig. That "Max Kellerman curse" he talked about is over, I suppose.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:47 pm    Post subject:

He was on First Take today with Mason & Ireland.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:54 pm    Post subject:

I guess I will have to continue to not watch First Take.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:06 pm    Post subject:

Sob...

Marcellus and hobo

Max is a bright guy. He knows how to move the needle.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:14 pm    Post subject:

I'm anxious to see how he and SAS debate. I've noticed with the exception of Skip not many get along with SAS.

I'm of the opinion he was the reason Cari Champion and Jemele Hill left First Take. Especially Jemele. She did her homework and on occasion backed SAS into corners he couldn't get out of. She does the same with Michael Smith.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
JoJo Dancer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:51 pm    Post subject:

It's probably going to suck because Molly, SAS, and Max are all NY homers from the Northeast. What are they going to debate or disagree about? Not much.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:01 pm    Post subject:

JoJo Dancer wrote:
It's probably going to suck because Molly, SAS, and Max are all NY homers from the Northeast. What are they going to debate or disagree about? Not much.

I dunno!. He may be a homer but SAS is hard on Phil Jackson. I can see him going at Max if he tries to make the Knicks relevant.

frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:54 pm    Post subject:

JoJo Dancer wrote:

SAS a homer? I don't think so. He's been very critical of the Knicks and Yankees.
JoJo Dancer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:14 pm    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:
JoJo Dancer wrote:

SAS a homer? I don't think so. He's been very critical of the Knicks and Yankees.

All 3 are die hard fans of the same teams. Most of the debates and drama will be scripted.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:25 pm    Post subject:

JoJo Dancer wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:
JoJo Dancer wrote:

All 3 are die hard fans of the same teams. Most of the debates and drama will be scripted.

And you know this how?

spideysense
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:15 am    Post subject:

Who's going to do afternoons on 710 now?
Vic5150
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:10 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
JoJo Dancer wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:
JoJo Dancer wrote:

And you know this how?

Maybe he's referring to the debates being planned? Who knows who cares?
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:23 pm    Post subject:

Vic5150 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
JoJo Dancer wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:
JoJo Dancer wrote:

And you know this how?

Maybe he's referring to the debates being planned? Who knows who cares?

Yep, everything is scripted to one degree or another.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:34 pm    Post subject:

Max has good knowledge, but he's just like Skip. Tries to get ratings. So, he says stuff off the wall sometimes, other times he tells it like he sees it. Can't trust a guy like that in terms of his takes.

Guys IMO that tell it like it is (and have no hidden agenda like being employed with the Lakers like John Ireland, or try to get ratings like Max, Skip) are:

--Dan Patrick

--K-Bros
MickMgl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:09 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I'm anxious to see how he and SAS debate.

They would need to make it less of a debate show, because Kellerman would eat Smith alive. I stopped watching a long time ago, but Bayless and Smith were very well-matched in that they are each full of hot air and love the sound of their own voice. They put so much import and significance into everything they say, the weight they apply to every word, as if they think the world is waiting on their opinion. Smith a little more than Bayless, but both.

Kellerman is smart. He's funny. He's quick. I don't think he's well-paired with Smith. Just kill the show and find Kellerman another vehicle. Or make it a show just for Kellerman and Champion.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:11 pm    Post subject:

MickMgl wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I'm anxious to see how he and SAS debate.

They would need to make it less of a debate show, because Kellerman would eat Smith alive. I stopped watching a long time ago, but Bayless and Smith were very well-matched in that they are each full of hot air and love the sound of their own voice. They put so much import and significance into everything they say, the weight they apply to every word, as if they think the world is waiting on their opinion. Smith a little more than Bayless, but both.

Kellerman is smart. He's funny. He's quick. I don't think he's well-paired with Smith. Just kill the show and find Kellerman another vehicle. Or make it a show just for Kellerman and Champion.

Other than boxing I don't give Kellerman any advantage. Smith's shtick is a deceiving act, same with Bayless. I wouldn't sell him short. I believe Skip will turn some heads on his new walk.

Blargg
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:11 pm    Post subject:

One less reason to listen to 710. Wiley is not good without Max.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:33 pm    Post subject:

Marcellus has always been the consummate wing man.

SportsLoco
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:17 pm    Post subject: Marcellus Wiley leaving KSPN

After 11 years at Disney/ESPN and many years of dreadful sportstalk at KSPN he is leaving and joining FS1. Marcellus Wiley will forever be remembered as one of the worst sportstalk radio personalities this town has ever heard. That is saying something in a market that has some horrible sportstalk.

Mmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmmm.

Last edited by SportsLoco on Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Marcellus Wiley leaving KSPN

SportsLoco wrote:
After 11 years at Disney/ESPN and many years of dreadful sportstalk at KSPN he is leaving and joining FS1. Marcellus Wiley will forever be remembered as one of the worse sportstalk radio personalities this town has ever heard. That is saying something in a market that has some horrible sportstalk.

Mmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmmm.

Marcellus Wiley and Jason Whitlock on the same show might break the space-time continuum.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:17 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
JoJo Dancer wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:
JoJo Dancer wrote:

And you know this how?
because it already is scripted. just pay attention. now some of these people may be hard on their home teams if they are sick and tired of bad management running the team(s) in the ground. But there is a thing where you as a listener get sick and tired of that east coast manner of thinking when we hear them talking about the lakers.

For example, something i noticed with max and SAS. which i dont think is scripted at all. its what happens when you're a fan of a team that hasnt won since the 70's. You dont understand the moves that you need to make to make your team a dynasty, you yell at the fo to make rash moves for a right now moment and a possible 1 chance shot at a title. we dont do that here. we never have. but you wouldnt understand that coming from those losing franchises. I've heard the same stuff come from portland fans, and fans of other teams where the fan is very knowledgeable about the sport and the nba. but when it comes to making the right moves they are always two steps behind. because they just dont get it. I've said this many times to people. L.A. laker fans especially those of us old enough to remember the showtime championships in addition to kobe and shaq and kobe and gasol. we know how to win, we know what it takes to win, we know what Level of superstar you need to win, we know just because someone is famous and is an all star that doesnt mean they are a true #1 player. we also know the kind of team you need to create to win multiple championships not just one. They dont get this at all in their arguments.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 30 of 31
Jump to: