Matt Barnes Confronts Derek Fisher For Dating Ex-Wife
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
I Bleed P&G
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:59 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
KobeMania wrote:
I believe Barnes more than I would Fisher. Fisher seems like a sneaky politician. All proper and "right" in person and in front of the camera, but behind the scenes, he's probably all corrupt.

Behind the scenes Barnes was assaulting his wife. After she got free from him Matt tried to assaulting her new boyfriend as well. Yea I would probably trust Derek more out of the two.

Why would you even trust Barnes? I mean Fisher played here for so long and never heard anything negative to believe he's corrupt? Barnes on the other had have has a bad rap on and off the court. So lets give Fisher the benefit of the doubt. Plus it's a personal matter that the NBA should have not gotten involved in.
Vic5150
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:45 pm    Post subject:

I Bleed P&G wrote:
eureca wrote:
KobeMania wrote:
I believe Barnes more than I would Fisher. Fisher seems like a sneaky politician. All proper and "right" in person and in front of the camera, but behind the scenes, he's probably all corrupt.

Behind the scenes Barnes was assaulting his wife. After she got free from him Matt tried to assaulting her new boyfriend as well. Yea I would probably trust Derek more out of the two.

Why would you even trust Barnes? I mean Fisher played here for so long and never heard anything negative to believe he's corrupt? Barnes on the other had have has a bad rap on and off the court. So lets give Fisher the benefit of the doubt. Plus it's a personal matter that the NBA should have not gotten involved in.

After the dirty dealings Fisher was involved in with the players association and his dealings with Hardaway Jr's girlfriend, I'm far more prone to trust Bsrnes on this one.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:09 am    Post subject:

I Bleed P&G wrote:
eureca wrote:
KobeMania wrote:

The fact that Phil and the Knicks fired him says a lot. When someone gets a job through nepotism, they're usually pretty safe. Phil had to make himself look bad by pulling the plug and we all know how proud Phil is.

I agree that the NBA shouldn't have been involved but it seemed like Derek is the one who involved them. No charges filed yet Matt Barnes is suspended over it?
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:31 am    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:
Fisher's reputation is going to trash.

I agree. The stuff now about Hardaway's GF, it appears Derek sees his teams spouses and signficant others as his own harem.

The guys is very politically correct in public and made a lot of big plays for the Lakers, but it is pretty clear he has some personal conduct issues to take a look at.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:45 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
KobeMania wrote:

So Matt Barnes 4 years ago described their relationship as being close and going into detail did so just in case Derek Fisher ever went balls deep into his ex years later so he has an excuse to fall back on after he whoops Fish's ass. Yep, it makes perfect sense Barnes would make that up 4 years ago.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:52 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
I Bleed P&G wrote:
eureca wrote:
KobeMania wrote:

The fact that Phil and the Knicks fired him says a lot. When someone gets a job through nepotism, they're usually pretty safe. Phil had to make himself look bad by pulling the plug and we all know how proud Phil is.

I agree that the NBA shouldn't have been involved but it seemed like Derek is the one who involved them. No charges filed yet Matt Barnes is suspended over it?

CBA
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:52 pm    Post subject:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/matt-barnes-ex-knick-derek-fisher-article-1.2584487?utm_content=bufferc507e&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=NYDNSports+Twitter

Quote:
SEE IT: Matt Barnes takes another shot at ex-Knicks coach Derek Fisher over ‘bro code’ violation

Doesn’t look like Matt Barnes hasn’t gotten over his run-in with former Knicks coach Derek Fisher.

Barnes - on the heels of the D’Angelo Russell-Nick Young video flap, which allegedly violated the “bro code” in pro sports locker rooms - sent out a meme on Instagram Thursday of a picture of Fisher in front of a podium, with the words “DEREK FISHER BE LIKE” above Fisher’s head and WHAAAAT GUY CODE DID RUSSELL VIOLATE??? on the bottom.

Barnes and Fisher famously got into a near-brawl when Barnes found out that Fisher was hanging out with his estranged wife, Gloria Govan, in Los Angeles during the preseason in October.

Memphis Grizzlies forward Matt Barnes continues to go after Derek Fisher via social media.
Fisher, who was fired in March as Knicks coach, found the time to skip out on Knicks practice to chill with his gal pal. It was one of the first of many red flags of arguably the worst coach in team history. You can thank the Zen Master Phil Jackson for that, by the way.

The volatile Memphis Grizzlies forward was suspended two games (resulting in lost wages of about $64,000) for the incident.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:56 pm    Post subject:

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2018/03/11/matt-barnes-on-relationship-with-derek-fisher-he-and-i-are-cool/

Quote:
Matt Barnes on relationship with Derek Fisher: “He and I are cool”

Matt Barnes and Derek Fisher were once teammates on the Los Angeles Lakers. They are also part of an infamous NBA saga, one where Fisher is dating Barnes’ ex-wife Gloria Govan, and where Barnes and Fisher fought in 2015 over … well, it wasn’t immediately clear. The league handed out suspensions for the incident, and we sort of moved on.

Now, Barnes has told his side of the story to Fox Sports’ Chris Broussard. In a sit down as part of Broussard’s “In the Zone”, Barnes revealed some of the details revolving around his fight with Fisher, including where the two stand as of today.

Barnes said the fight arose not because Fisher was dating Govan, but because Fisher was around Barnes’ kids and in Govan’s house — which Barnes says he pays for — without the former New York Knicks coach speaking to him first.

Via Twitter:

FOX Sports

✔@FOXSports

"He and I are cool. ... He makes my kids happy, [so] I'm happy."@Matt_Barnes22 explains the Derek Fisher situation and its resolution in a candid interview with @Chris_Broussard on #InTheZone.

1:32 PM - Mar 10, 2018

135 people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy

It’s pretty interesting the kind of co-parenting strategy Barnes is willing to admit he is employing between himself, Fisher, and Govan. It seems like a lot of us grew up in situations where there was more than two parental figures at times, and that can be complicated to figure out.

In any case, it’s good to see Barnes and Fisher aren’t throwing down anymore.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:12 pm    Post subject:

Ok. Pretty sure the rest of the world has moved on anyway.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
axs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:42 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Ok. Pretty sure the rest of the world has moved on anyway.

It's not like he brought it up. He was asked.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:08 pm    Post subject:

IIRC Fisher left Utah to go to Los Angeles because the city afforded better physicians for his daughter. He impressed me as a family man. I don't know why his marriage ended. Behind closed doors are secrets only those who live there a privy to.

Met him once. He was a friend of my neighbor. He was unassuming and quiet of nature.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13
Jump to: