LAKERS -at- ROCKETS – 4-10-16 - Thoughts and :-(( Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Number 7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:16 am    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
Number 7 wrote:
Batguano wrote:
Number 7 wrote:
Batguano wrote:
tox wrote:
1st. Today was a circus. That 4th quarter felt like the ASG, and I don't mean the caliber of players playing.

When Kobe took the 3 instead of passing for a layup...

That's all you got out of Kobe's performance?

The hate is real.

35 PTS, 2 steals on 45% FG, 11-11 FT%, 65% TS in 27 minutes

I love Kobe, but whoever defends today's atrocity is kidding themselves.

So now we go from criticizing one bad shot to calling the whole thing an atrocity?

Yeah, there's definitely no "hate" in this thread.

Yeah, I call a guy who abandons his position during sets to go in front of the ballhandler and demand the ball "atrocious". That's not basketball.

Then you must've found the last 20 years (which include 7 finals, 5 championships) of Laker basketball atrocious...

Hilarious, eh?

You think this **** we're being subjected to is the real Kobe Bryant? Kobe was great at setting up his teammates after drawing double teams. He put the team above himself. He RESPECTED the game and his teammates.

Not anymore. F the offense, just give him the ball and let him hoist up shots. Who cares about winning, right?

And you're defending this!!
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:22 am    Post subject:

Number 7 wrote:
Batguano wrote:
Number 7 wrote:
Batguano wrote:
Number 7 wrote:
Batguano wrote:
tox wrote:
1st. Today was a circus. That 4th quarter felt like the ASG, and I don't mean the caliber of players playing.

The hate is real.

So now we go from criticizing one bad shot to calling the whole thing an atrocity?

Yeah, I call a guy who abandons his position during sets to go in front of the ballhandler and demand the ball "atrocious". That's not basketball.

Then you must've found the last 20 years (which include 7 finals, 5 championships) of Laker basketball atrocious...

Hilarious, eh?

You think this **** we're being subjected to is the real Kobe Bryant? Kobe was great at setting up his teammates after drawing double teams. He put the team above himself. He RESPECTED the game and his teammates.

Not anymore. F the offense, just give him the ball and let him hoist up shots. Who cares about winning, right?

Errrr... that's easier to do when you actually have good teammates and a good offense. When Kobe didn't have good teammates (2006-2007) he also gunned, and lead very crappy supporting casts to playoff births.

How hard is that to understand?

But hey, whatever fits your agenda...
Number 7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:25 am    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
Number 7 wrote:
Batguano wrote:
Number 7 wrote:
Batguano wrote:
Number 7 wrote:
Batguano wrote:
tox wrote:

The hate is real.

Hilarious, eh?

Errrr... that's easier to do when you actually have good teammates and a good offense. When Kobe didn't have good teammates (2006-2007) he also gunned, and lead very crappy supporting casts to playoff births.

How hard is that to understand?

But hey, whatever fits your agenda...

My AGENDA? LOOOL!!!

Yeah, cool dude. It's very obvious that you have no idea what you're talking about. Let's end this here, I'm angry at the loss anyway and there's no reason to continue this. Keep supporting that disgusting display, just remember that it's one of the reasons this team isn't good.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:01 am    Post subject:

Number 7 wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
Interesting that Black and Nance were noted to have played good D, though DLO was complimented that he played one good defensive sequence against Harden. Even Huertsas' effort was noted
Russ had a few steals off-the ball. I think his vision and IQ helps him a lot there. I never see him getting caught out of position on D.
Your observations are noted. Getting steals is not always a good barometer of how well he is playing D (just watch the last Warriors-Spurs game and note how many steals there were with two teams playing GREAT D). Allen Iverson had a lot of steals but not the best defender, he did take a lot of chances that often promoted the others to go into scramble mode

DLO and JC would like to be better defensively but they do not (presently) have a driving need or passion to be a great defender. Effort and being where one should be is important

Hard to understand how not getting rebounds is Byron's problem. Blocking out and GETTING rebounds is basic Basketball 101 and just raw effort

Byron has other issues

Randle can soon be a version of Drammond Green or Boris Diaw once he has an outside shot and counters. Trying to think what skillset(s) DLO and JC that would separate/elevate them from others while acknowledging that they have uber physical ability (but doesn't the vast majority of NBA players have the same level of athletic ability)
Number 7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:04 am    Post subject:

I can't complain about Russell's D because I don't see him losing his man, missing rotations, failing to contest or giving up easy shots. I think he's a good defender, which is more than enough considering how bad NBA point guards usually are on D.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:38 am    Post subject:

Number 7 wrote:
I can't complain about Russell's D because I don't see him losing his man, missing rotations, failing to contest or giving up easy shots. I think he's a good defender, which is more than enough considering how bad NBA point guards usually are on D.
He is a rookie, so hopefully he will get better once he starts breaking down tape and understanding basic angles

Note:
He has lost his man and giving up easy shots. He is getting better. Don't see him going hard on D.

There are good defensive PGs, it just that there are a number of PGs where you just want to limit the damage they are doing or make them work hard for their shots

When DLO and JC are getting torched, while doing the same thing, the oldest players on the team (Kobe and MWP) have taken the challenge of shutting them down. As Kobe has shared in past interviews, some players already have that mentality from the beginning (CP3, MWP, Kobe, Westbrook, Lillard and a few others) and others develop a great sense of urgency as their career progresses.

These uber talented players will have a good NBA careers.

To win titles, you need players to have the "DAWG" in them. The recent Spurs-Warriors have players with far greater talent and basketball IQ than anybody on the Lakers (at this time) and yet the score was tied 35-35 at the end of the half between two high-scoring teams

One could ask if JC is worth $12-$15M a year

Will DLO become an elite PG in a few years that are comparable to Wall, Irving, Lillard and others?

Hopefully Randle will be more than just a good PF

This summer and next season are strategic in seeing what career arcs lies before them
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:01 pm    Post subject:

Thanks DB! You set our forum apart from other NBA forums.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: