Game 7 2010 Finals win Vs Kobe's last game....I probably cried tears of joy for both

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakeShowSince84
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:18 am    Post subject: Game 7 2010 Finals win Vs Kobe's last game....I probably cried tears of joy for both

I don't know which game actually gave me a bigger fanhood cloud 9 in terms of an emotional high of excitement/happiness....

Man oh man....What a career...What a player.....Damn
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:27 am    Post subject:

I still have to go with Game 7. Beating the Celtics in Game 7 at home...priceless.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:30 am    Post subject:

Very different but very comparable. Those two games are the most emotional games I've witnessed as a Lakers fan.
MFF0RD8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:30 am    Post subject:

i shouldn't have doubted that he'd have one last send-off for the lakers fans.

i was faithful right up until end of 2013 playoffs. the franchise has been punchless ever since.

but he saved his best performance since the achilles tear for last. i do feel slighted that the 7 i saw this season were likely compromised by his desire to make it to the finish line and put on this kind of display.

but that's who he is and how he got to where he is, by doing things his way. can't dispute that.

just happy i saw the apex of his career in person 08-09-10 (is this a renowned opinion?) even though i missed the exclamation point.

"I don't know if we'd won this game without these fans. Thank you!" - Phil Jackson after Game 7 of the 2010 NBA Finals, 6/17/10
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
evetssteve10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:48 am    Post subject:

Game 7 was obviously a completely different feeling, but last night is something I will remember for the rest of my life and tell my kids about someday. Kobe somehow managed to get a storybook ending. The one thing he was missing. What an unbelievable performance. This and the Achilles game are the two gutsiest performances I've ever seen in my life. It was like he was in an epic battle with Father Time and when it went to decision the ref held up both of their arms and they walked off together in the sunset

Rocky Balboa was a scripted movie and not even Rocky got a better send off than Kobe. Think about that
"Bryant has been the second best player in the NBA for over a decade, but the number 1 player changes every other year. Somehow the number 1 player always seems to fall down the list but Kobe just never moves up. ". The Art of Hating Kobe Bryant
Deathstroke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:49 am    Post subject:

I'm still hyped as (bleep) from last night's performance. Haven't felt like this off of a Lakers game in over 3 years.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:50 am    Post subject:

Yeah, my fave "games that mattered" one was Game 7 of 2010, even if Kobe had a bad shooting night (though he collected 17 rebounds and hit clutch FTs).

Last night might top 81 for me personally. Everything ended like a storybook ending.
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:52 am    Post subject:

Game 7 was a nervous excitement. I was a mess. Yesterday's game was more of a happy celebration. Both were great in their own way.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:16 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I still have to go with Game 7. Beating the Celtics in Game 7 at home...priceless.

I have a chum who was at MSG for 61 and also was at Staples last nite and another cat (Huey) who was at Gm 7, 2000 (bastard...). Homie A said he would've picked last nite over 2/2/09 and 2000 Gm 7. I dunno where Huey stands on the matter. I'd have to go with either of the Game 7s. It's unfair to compare games of that magnitude with any RS gm, even one this special, but as far as RS gms go, no contest. Cmon. I'd have picked last night over 81, frankly.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:17 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I have a chum who was at MSG for 61 and also was at Staples last nite and another cat (Huey) who was at Gm 7, 2000 (bastard...). Homie A said he would've picked last nite over 2/2/09 and 2000 Gm 7. I dunno where Huey stands on the matter. I'd have to go with either of the Game 7s. It's unfair to compare games of that magnitude with any RS gm, even one this special, but as far as RS gms go, no contest. Cmon. I'd have picked last night over 81, frankly.

Same here. Last night > 81 for me.

So happy for Kobe the way he went out.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:52 am    Post subject:

That's a tough call.

I'm just gonna enjoy the moment for now.
LakeShowSince84
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:42 pm    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:
Game 7 was a nervous excitement. I was a mess. Yesterday's game was more of a happy celebration. Both were great in their own way.

Exactly!!! Never been as nervous as I was in game 7 ...not even for final exams in college lol
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Those games felt remarkably similar. The only difference is I wasn't sure what we were pulling for last night, until it happened.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:36 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Wasn't at Kobe's last game, but I think I'd pick Gm7 2000. There was an energy and an optimism (not just about the Lakers' future) in there that will never be equaled. Kobe's last game was goodbye and (bleep) do I hate goodbye.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: