Russia's Federal Security Service Raids Nets Owner's Offices

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:57 am    Post subject: Russia's Federal Security Service Raids Nets Owner's Offices

Quote:
FSB Raids Prokhorov's Onexim Group Headquarters in Moscow

Russia's Federal Security Service (FSB) is carrying out a raid at the headquarters of billionaire Mikhail Prokhorov's Onexim investment group on Tverskoy Bulvar, the MediaZona news site reported on Thursday, citing eyewitnesses and an unidentified source close to the company.

The entrance to the building has been blocked by FSB officers and staff are prohibited from using their mobile phones, according to eyewitnesses.

The Agentstvo Strakhovikh Novostei news website reported that the searches are also being carried out in the main office of the Soglasie insurance company on Ulitsa Gilyarovskogo. The insurance company is part of Onexim.

There are officers with guns on every floor of the office and the employees do not understand what is happening, according to the website.

The raids are linked with the pressure on Prokhorov, the Dozhd television channel reported, citing sources in the RBC holding, owned by ONEXIM Group. According to Dozhd's sources, Prokhorov is being forced to sell the media holding.

The holding, which includes a newspaper, website and cable television channel is one of the few private media holdings in Russia that stick to the policy of independence from the Kremlin. Over the past several months RBC has produced a number of investigations about the business activities of alleged relatives of Putin.

Dress warm, Mikhail. Siberia is very cold.

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/fsb-raids-prokhorovs-onexim-group-headquarters-in-moscow/565837.html
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Russia's Federal Security Service Raids Nets Owner's Offices

angrypuppy wrote:
[

Naw, I think the Russian leaders learned 100 years ago that exiling your political enemies will only come back to haunt you later on. He'll probably just get rid of him like he did Alexander Litvinenko.

I'd forgotten that Prokhorov ran for President a few years ago.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Russia's Federal Security Service Raids Nets Owner's Offices

numero-ocho wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
[

Naw, I think the Russian leaders learned 100 years ago that exiling your political enemies will only come back to haunt you later on. He'll probably just get rid of him like he did Alexander Litvinenko.

Yeah, but my tea leaf read was that he was selected to be the opposition candidate by Putin:

1. Steal their voice (like Hillary taking Bernie's platform);

2. Uncover the identity of any pesky dissidents dumb enough to join his party.

It looks like Prokhorov decided to take additional liberties. Didn't he ever watch The Godfather? Never go against the family.
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Russia's Federal Security Service Raids Nets Owner's Offices

numero-ocho wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
[

I think you forget Khodorkovsky?
carlosLisboa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Russia's Federal Security Service Raids Nets Owner's Offices

numero-ocho wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
[

Leon Trotsky comes to my mind.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: