How many MVP votes will Kawhi get?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Number 7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:26 pm    Post subject:

Ladies and gentlemen, this guy with the username "The Association" claims to have an unbiased opinion and that I should be treated with pejorative feedback for not supporting his view that Leonard is in another universe compared to Curry.

Here's something he has posted REPEATEDLY in the 2015-2016 General NBA Discussion thread:

Quote:
Disclaimer: I'm a Kawhi fan ... but damn, these Warriors are such a disquieting collection of (bleep). Between the dirty play on the court, the entitlement and blatant abuse of any official who dares ...

Absolutely not a Spurs troll and absolutely not hating on Curry and the Warriors.

the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:31 pm    Post subject:

Number 7 wrote:
Ladies and gentlemen, this guy with the username "The Association" claims to have an unbiased opinion and that I should be treated with pejorative feedback for not supporting his view that Leonard is in another universe compared to Curry.

Here's something he has posted REPEATEDLY in the 2015-2016 General NBA Discussion thread:

Quote:
Disclaimer: I'm a Kawhi fan ... but damn, these Warriors are such a disquieting collection of (bleep). Between the dirty play on the court, the entitlement and blatant abuse of any official who dares ...

Absolutely not a Spurs troll and absolutely not hating on Curry and the Warriors.

Yeah, I've been on record since Day 1 that I've been a Lakers fan since the very early 1980s and ALSO a big fan of Kawhi Leonard. What's the mystery, exactly. I haven't hidden my appreciation for Kawhi Leonard's game, which stems from a few common connections I have with him.

I also find that the Warriors get away with an enormous number of illegal screens and assorted dirty play. So do many other people. If you disagree, just disagree. Saying "go (bleep) yourself", then quickly scurrying to edit it ... that's why the "Seriously ... ?" came about ...

Anyway, we're done here ... no more reason for me to respond to you, nor vice versa.
Number 7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:34 pm    Post subject:

At least I edited it because I put it in the heat of the moment and it was wrong. I didn't request for "pejorative feedback" on someone who disagreed with my ridiculous statement, like you did. I proved you wrong and you scurried to stuff a bunch of unsupported stats down my throat that would somehow prove that Curry, 7th best defensive PG in the league by defensive rating on a team with only one other top 50 defender is in another universe compared to the super-awesome Leonard who has 5 elite defenders alongside him. Yet somehow only Curry benefits. What can I say? If you're not a troll, then I feel sorry for you. Peace m8.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:51 pm    Post subject:

He should get 0 1st place votes
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:29 pm    Post subject:

he should receive a few votes but this should be the first unanimous player to win the MVP. Shaquille was robbed of it in 2000. Anyone who doesnt vote Steph is clearly a homer, hating, want attention or just wanna be a dick
MIZ83
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:05 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
he should receive a few votes but this should be the first unanimous player to win the MVP. Shaquille was robbed of it in 2000. Anyone who doesnt vote Steph is clearly a homer, hating, want attention or just wanna be (bleep)

Pretty much. Last year, he was the best player on the best team, and arguably the best player in the league. This year, he is clearly the best player on a historic team.

Curry was big all year in big games, too. The last game was a good illustration of a focused Curry. Oh, everyone is watching tonight for us to break the record? Let me drop 10 threes to hit 400+, make 46 to raise my average over 30, take the heart out of the other team to get to 73, then sit out my 19th fourth quarter.
Math
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:45 am    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
No, not a single one. Curry deserves all the MVP votes. Simple really.

It's a convincing argument, I must admit.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:59 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
Anyone who doesnt vote Steph is clearly a homer, hating, want attention or just wanna be (bleep)

I'd vote for Curry, but I could see someone voting for Leonard on merit if they give more weight to defense than most MVP voters do. He's a defenseable choice.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:58 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
Anyone who doesnt vote Steph is clearly a homer, hating, want attention or just wanna be (bleep)

I'd vote for Curry, but I could see someone voting for Leonard on merit if they give more weight to defense than most MVP voters do. He's a defenseable choice.

I would vote Curry, but evidence for this opinion:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jIPdkIQA-KLXd-oRgTuvH3ReE3xIM9zNPGPVIHxm1MQ/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

RAPM. Ignores box score, purely figures out which players make the team play the best relative to an average player (normalizing teammate quality, opponent quality, etc.)

Not only is Kawhi tied with Curry (gives credence to the "Kawhi's defense evens it up"), Curry isn't even #1 on his team. Of course if RAPM had its way, Dray would be the undisputed MVP, but in the context of Curry vs. Kawhi, it's there.

It's only one stat and should be taken with a grain of salt without proper contextualization, but it certainly is relevant to this conversation.*

* For example, Curry/ Dray pick and roll is unguardable in a way that X/ Dray and Curry/ Y PnRs aren't, where X and Y are other players. So RAPM more or less gives "equal" credit to Curry and Dray but in reality Curry's skillset is the driving force behind what makes this such a tough play to guard.
Math
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:28 am    Post subject:

And it's official. Kawhi wins DPOY.
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:53 am    Post subject:

I reckon that Curry gets nearly every first place vote, that Westbrook gets one or two, and that Kawhi Leonard goes unheralded.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: