Kobe 60 - The Goodbye (my experience at the game)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:49 pm    Post subject: Kobe 60 - The Goodbye (my experience at the game)

So it wasn’t a dream. I didn’t imagine it. In the last game of his career Kobe really did score 60. Outscored the Jazz 23-21 in the 4th. 15 straight in the last 3 minutes. 5/5 shooting, 4/4 from the line, and splashed the game winning pull up jumper. Last play of his career was an assist. Just as 81, 62 in 3, 4 straight 50, entire month averaging 40, and oh yeah, 5 rings are etched in our memories, now we have the mindboggling finale of 60 on 50 shots at age 37. And I was fortunate enough to see the magic in person at Staples.

As some of you know, I’ve always been a Lakers fan from the Midwest/East Coast. Saw many Laker games at the Palace in Detroit and Phillips in Atlanta. Never made it to a game in Los Angeles, not once at Staples. Until 4/13/2016, Mamba Day. Pretty good decision to fly out and go to the Finale.

I said it that night and to anyone who has asked me since that game, but I truly don’t think I can do that game or experience justice with words. However, I always try to have a thread when I make it out to a game, so one last time, here was my game experience for what ended up living up to...hell exceeding, a truly once in a lifetime experience.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I went with LS, who I’ve known through LG for about 10 years. Where has the time went? AWESOME dude. Reminisced about the good ol’ days, and then before I knew it, we were walking through the chaos to Staples. I didn’t know if I had stepped into a time machine back to 2010 and was part of the championship parade on Figueroa. Time travel was a consistent theme throughout the night.

By the way: Seeing the Magic / West / Cap / Chick statues was so freaking cool. So much history, tradition, and greatness. That’s a big reason why I became a Laker fan. Well that and then some cocky 18 year old with an afro.

Indescribable atmosphere inside and out of Staples. A celebration of greatness. 20 years of one of the best to ever do it in the NBA and arguably the Greatest Laker of All-Time. A glamour franchise which has seen one iconic player after another. As much as this legend gave in the 20 years, the fans wanted to give it all back to him. Nothing but effusive adulation and sincere gratitude. It was beautiful.

I think that’s what makes that night so special, so unique, and something that I don’t think we ever see again. Longevity? 20 (!!!) years. Historical significance? If I start typing the accomplishments, records, breathtaking moments and virtuoso performances, I won’t finish this thread for a week. Entertainer? Even had the Greatest Basketball Showman of all out of his seat many of times and singing his praises. Highest of highs AND lowest of lows. Immaturity AND growth. We watched the kid grow into a man, and everything that comes with that. He was OUR dude, Must See TV for 20 years. He was the constant. No matter what was going on, we had Kobe. And with the story coming to a close, he wrote the ending in a way only he could.

Starting with the pregame, I took in every moment. Loved it. The last Kobe shootaround ever (is he hitting?! oh God please tell me he's hitting pregame...this is crucial), the tribute video right before Magic spoke may have been my favorite (I’ve seen the “With the 13th pick in the draft … Kobe Bryant from Lower Merion High School” a million times, but this time it just hit home. We’ve come full circle, the journey is...over), Magic’s intro, everything was just so on point. The buildup and anticipation was at a fever pitch, and I’m pretty sure I started losing rational thought and going straight into little kid fan mode around this time. Maybe Kobe really COULD go off! It felt like the old days ... when anything was possible because it's Kobe Bryant.

...and then he started 0/5 and I was reminded he’s 37, his body’s broken down, and hasn’t had a “KOOOOOBE” game from start to finish in years. But this is still Kobe (bleep) Bryant. He kept pushing through. He was taking this to empty. Got rolling and the crowd is delirious. The game is close and at this point I’m hoping and praying for 40 points and maybe a clutch shot. Hey, it could happen right?!

Side note: He starts the 2nd quarter on the bench, which is the only time I see that I’ll be able to get food. Starving is totally an option if needed. If Kobe went 48, then I’m right there the whole time. Others have the same mindset. We joke in the line they should stop the game and wait until everyone is back just in case Kobe comes back a little too early. It’s that serious.

LS says to me Kobe can do no wrong this game, at some time in the second half when Kobe gives up an easy layup. This could not be more true. Others shooting the ball? What the (bleep) are they thinking, game’s slipping away! It’s pressure packed! Kobe needs to put the team on the back and save the day! Is it 2006 again?! Sure feels like it. Great seeing Kobe go off, but so anxious like we’re about to lose a crucial playoff game. Kobe keeps plugging along, but it’s starting to look bad for the W. At some point he cleared 40, which seemed like a given and funny if you consider just how done Kobe’s been. But, when they were down 10 with 3 minutes to go, I told LS, “...it’s slipping away. I don’t know if Kobe can get that red hot anymore, and/or if we have the defense to make this happen.” What transpired after that is the stuff of legend that you tell your kids...and then their kids. And you tell their kid’s punk Lebron Jr. reppin’ friends right before telling them to get off your lawn.

Every one of those shots and points were needed, and the guy delivered on every single one. Electric. Surreal. Mesmerizing. Knowing every shot was going in and still being blown away that this was ACTUALLY happening. After what turned out to be the game winning shot, if Utah hypothetically scored to go up 1 and Laker ball, I’m 87% sure I was going to have a heart attack. Thankfully they bricked the three. Kobe got the two free throws to get to 60, of which there was ZERO doubt they were going in. NONE. This guy on this same net swished two free throws on a torn achilles. He wasn’t missing these. Looking at the replay, seeing him push through literal exhaustion, I was just so grateful. Easy to keep shouting “Come on Kobe!!! One more time!!! LET’S GO!!!”, but then seeing how dead tired he was, just how human he is, but still delivering one last time...man. Reminded me of this quote from after he passed MJ:

Quote:
"What a journey this has been. Setting this mark is a huge honor. I’m aware of Father Time’s curfew. He has sent me to my room to brush my teeth before he tucks me in, but I wouldn’t be me if I didn’t walk to the bathroom slowly. I wouldn’t be me if I didn’t act as if someone misplaced the toothpaste. I wouldn’t be me if I didn’t brush every tooth twice, brush my tongue three times, floss until my gums bleed and rinse with mouthwash until the inside of my mouth burns and then goes numb."

Well on this night he went all 12 rounds with Father Time, gave him everything and then some. Father Time may be undefeated, but Kobe put up the best fight I've ever seen.

We’ll look back on this night and say “Oh of course Kobe scored 60 in his last game! It’s Kobe!”, but I think even the staunchest of Kobe fans were surprised by the perfection of that plot twist. It was just so masterful. Anyone that knows Kobe figured he could probably get the shots up, but if you’ve seen the past 3 seasons, to convert at that rate/efficiency, nailing every clutch shot at the end, at his age, after being mummified just to make it to this game? Unreal … even for The Kobe Standard.

Earlier I said what made this so special was that he was OURS. As silly as it may sound about a sports athlete, he meant a lot to many of us for a myriad of reasons. At least that’s what it was for me. Where haters saw selfish, I saw unyielding confidence. Where haters saw poor shot selection, I saw repetition in every shot imaginable. Where haters saw a narcissistic (bleep), I saw someone who succeeded like few else … doing it HIS way. Magic said that Kobe never cheated the game or the fans. Perfectly stated. No one has ever put in the work Kobe has or squeezed every last bit of potential out of themselves the way he did. The injuries he played through, unbelievable stuff. He defied logic played through it all and eventually just broke himself. It was the only way his career of being "Kobe" the one we know and loved (or loved to hate) was going to end. And on this night, I just wanted to see him get rewarded for all of that. No, not even for my entertainment, but for the guy who watched more game film than imaginable, put in more work than anyone can fathom, dedicated themselves to the game, shed blood, sweat, and tears...I wanted to see it for him. Yes, he has the rings and countless accomplishments, but I, and Laker Nation, wanted to see him be able to write his own ending, walk out on his own terms. I wanted to see one last time Kobe being...Kobe. Vintage Kobe. Black Mamba Kobe. (bleep) everyone Kobe. Give me the ball and get the (bleep) outta the way we’re getting the W Kobe. I was beyond elated that the guy who gave basketball SO much was able to have the basketball Gods give him something back in his finale. No one deserved it more than our guy.

Last edited by Tony Almeida on Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:09 am; edited 2 times in total
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:53 pm    Post subject:

First!
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Kobe 60 - The Goodbye (my experience at the game)

Tony Almeida wrote:
So it wasn’t a dream. I didn’t imagine it. In the last game of his career Kobe really did score 60. Outscored the Jazz 23-21 in the 4th. 15 straight in the last 3 minutes. 5/5 shooting, 4/4 from the line, and splashed the game winning pull up jumper. Last play of his career was an assist. Just as 81, 62 in 3, 4 straight 50, entire month averaging 40, and oh yeah, 5 rings are etched in our memories, now we have the mindboggling finale of 60 on 50 shots at age 37. And I was fortunate enough to see the magic in person at Staples.

As some of you know, I’ve always been a Lakers fan from the Midwest/East Coast. Saw many Laker games at the Palace in Detroit and Phillips in Atlanta. Never made it to a game in Los Angeles, not once at Staples. Until 4/13/2016, Mamba Day. Pretty good decision to fly out and go to the Finale.

I said it that night and to anyone who has asked me since that game, but I truly don’t think I can do that game or experience justice with words. However, I always try to have a thread when I make it out to a game, so one last time, here was my game experience for what ended up living up to...hell exceeding, a truly once in a lifetime experience.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I went with LS, who I’ve known through LG for about 10 years. Where has the time went? AWESOME dude. Reminisced about the good ol’ days, and then before I knew it, we were walking through the chaos to Staples. I didn’t know if I had stepped into a time machine back to 2010 and was part of the championship parade on Figueroa. Time travel was a consistent theme throughout the night.

By the way: Seeing the Magic / West / Cap / Chick statues was so freaking cool. So much history, tradition, and greatness. That’s a big reason why I became a Laker fan. Well that and then some cocky 18 year old with an afro.

Indescribable atmosphere inside and out of Staples. A celebration of greatness. 20 years of one of the greatest to ever do it in the NBA and arguably the Greatest Laker of All-Time. A glamour franchise which has seen one iconic player after another. As much as this legend gave in the 20 years, the fans wanted to give it all back to him. Nothing but effusive adulation and sincere gratitude. It was beautiful.

I think that’s what makes that night so special, so unique, and something that I don’t think we ever see again. Longevity? 20 (!!!) years. Historical greatness? If I start typing the accomplishments, breathtaking moments and virtuoso performances, I won’t finish this thread for a week. Entertainer? Even had the greatest Basketball Showman of all out of his seat many of times and singing his praises. Highest of highs AND lowest of lows. Immaturity AND growth. We watched the kid grow into a man, and everything that comes with that. He was OUR dude, Must See TV for 20 years. He was the constant. No matter was going on, we had Kobe. And with the story coming to a close, he wrote the ending in a way only he could.

Starting with the pregame, I took in every moment. Loved it. The last Kobe shootaround ever (is he hitting?! oh God please tell me he's hitting pregame...this is crucial), the tribute video right before Magic’s may have been my favorite (I’ve seen the “With the 13th pick in the draft … Kobe Bryant from Lower Merion High School” a million times, but this time it just hit home. We’ve come full circle, the journey is...over), Magic’s intro, everything was just so on point. The buildup and anticipation was at a fever pitch, and I’m pretty sure I started losing rational thought and going straight into little kid fan mode around this time. Maybe Kobe really COULD go off! It felt like the old days ... when anything was possible because it's Kobe Bryant.

...and then he started 0/5 and I was reminded he’s 37, his body’s broken down, and hasn’t had a “KOOOOOBE” game from start to finish in years. But this is still Kobe (bleep) Bryant. He kept pushing through. He was taking this to empty. Got rolling and the crowd is delirious. The game is close and at this point I’m hoping and praying for 40 points and maybe a clutch shot. Hey, it could happen right?!

Side note: He starts the 2nd quarter on the bench, which is the only time I see that I’ll be able to get food. Starving is totally an option if needed. If Kobe went 48, then I’m right there the whole time. Others have the same mindset. We joke in the line they should stop the game and wait until everyone is back just in case Kobe comes back a little too early. It’s that serious.

LS says to me Kobe can do no wrong this game, as some time in the second half when Kobe gives up an easy layup. This could not be more true. Others shooting the ball? What the (bleep) are they thinking, game’s slipping away! It’s pressure packed! Kobe needs to put the team on the back and save the day! Is it 2006 again?! Sure feels like it. Great seeing Kobe go off, but so anxious like we’re about to lose a crucial playoff game. Kobe keeps plugging along, but it’s starting to look bad for the W. At some point he cleared 40, which seemed like a given and funny if you consider just how done Kobe’s been. But, when they were down 10 with 3 minutes to go, I told LS, “...it’s slipping away. I don’t know if Kobe can get that red hot anymore, and/or if we have the defense to make this happen.” What transpired after that is the stuff of legend that you tell your kids...and then their kids. And you tell their kid’s punk Lebron Jr. reppin’ friends right before telling them to get off your lawn.

Every one of those shots and points were needed, and the guy delivered on every single one. Electric. Surreal. Mesmerizing. Knowing every shot was going in and still being blown away that this was ACTUALLY happening. After what turned out to be the game winning shot, if Utah hypothetically scored to go up 1 and Laker ball, I’m 87% sure I was going to have a heart attack. Thankfully they bricked the three. Kobe got the two free throws to get to 60, of which there was ZERO doubt they were going in. NONE. This guy on this same net swished two free throws on a torn achilles. He wasn’t missing these. Looking at the replay, seeing him push through literal exhaustion, I was just so grateful. Easy to keep shouting “Come on Kobe!!! One more time!!! LET’S GO!!!”, but then seeing how dead tired he was, just how human he is, but still delivering one last time...man. Reminded me of this quote from after he passed MJ:

Quote:
"What a journey this has been. Setting this mark is a huge honor. I’m aware of Father Time’s curfew. He has sent me to my room to brush my teeth before he tucks me in, but I wouldn’t be me if I didn’t walk to the bathroom slowly. I wouldn’t be me if I didn’t act as if someone misplaced the toothpaste. I wouldn’t be me if I didn’t brush every tooth twice, brush my tongue three times, floss until my gums bleed and rinse with mouthwash until the inside of my mouth burns and then goes numb."

Well on this night he went all 12 rounds with Father Time, gave him everything and then some. Father Time may be undefeated, but Kobe put up the best fight I've ever seen.

We’ll look back on this night and say “Oh of course Kobe scored 60 in his last game! It’s Kobe!”, but I think even the staunchest of Kobe fans were surprised by the perfection of that plot twist. It was just so masterful. Anyone that knows Kobe figured he could probably get the shots up, but if you’ve seen the past 3 seasons, to convert at that rate/efficiency, nailing every clutch shot at the end, at his age, after being mummified just to make it to this game? Unreal … even for The Kobe Standard.

Earlier I said what made this so special was that he was OURS. At least that’s what it was for me. Where haters saw selfish, I saw unyielding confidence. Where haters saw poor shot selection, I saw repetition in every shot imaginable. Where haters saw a narcissistic (bleep), I saw someone who succeeded like few else … doing it HIS way. Magic said that Kobe never cheated the game or the fans. Perfectly stated. No one has ever put in the work Kobe has or squeezed every last bit of potential out of themselves the way he did. And on this night, I just wanted to see him get rewarded for that. No, not even for my entertainment, but for the guy who watched more game film than imaginable, put in more work than anyone can fathom, dedicated themselves to the game, shed blood, sweat, and tears...I wanted to see it for him. Yes, he has the rings and countless accomplishments, but I, and Laker Nation, wanted to see him be able to write his own ending, walk out on his own terms. I wanted to see one last time Kobe being...Kobe. Vintage Kobe. Black Mamba Kobe. (bleep) everyone Kobe. Give me the ball and get the (bleep) outta the way we’re getting the W Kobe. I was beyond elated that the guy who gave basketball SO much was able to have the basketball Gods give him something back in his finale. No one deserved it more than our guy.

Wow ... great recap on a memorable experience.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:54 pm    Post subject:

(bleep) yeah! on yah TA!

*edit* Bah, you 2 bums beat me.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Kobe 60 - The Goodbye (my experience at the game)

Tony Almeida wrote:

Earlier I said what made this so special was that he was OURS. As silly as it may sound about a sports athlete, he meant a lot to many of us for a myriad of reasons. At least that’s what it was for me. Where haters saw selfish, I saw unyielding confidence. Where haters saw poor shot selection, I saw repetition in every shot imaginable. Where haters saw a narcissistic (bleep), I saw someone who succeeded like few else … doing it HIS way. Magic said that Kobe never cheated the game or the fans. Perfectly stated. No one has ever put in the work Kobe has or squeezed every last bit of potential out of themselves the way he did. And on this night, I just wanted to see him get rewarded for that. No, not even for my entertainment, but for the guy who watched more game film than imaginable, put in more work than anyone can fathom, dedicated themselves to the game, shed blood, sweat, and tears...I wanted to see it for him. Yes, he has the rings and countless accomplishments, but I, and Laker Nation, wanted to see him be able to write his own ending, walk out on his own terms. I wanted to see one last time Kobe being...Kobe. Vintage Kobe. Black Mamba Kobe. (bleep) everyone Kobe. Give me the ball and get the (bleep) outta the way we’re getting the W Kobe. I was beyond elated that the guy who gave basketball SO much was able to have the basketball Gods give him something back in his finale. No one deserved it more than our guy.

PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:59 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for this, Tony. Great stuff as usual.

"Well on this night he went all 12 rounds with Father Time, gave him everything and then some. Father Time may be undefeated, but Kobe put up the best fight I've ever seen."

OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:30 am    Post subject:

Thanks for the write up TA. Really enjoyed the chance to see this through your eyes.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:44 am    Post subject:

Amazing

aachan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:34 am    Post subject:

I'm 25, so I literally grew up watching Kobe and when you described him as being 'our guy' I couldn't help but get teary eyed, he really freaking is our guy. Thanks for the great write up TA, glad you were able to catch his final game
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:58 am    Post subject:

Amazing write up for an amazing night and career!! Thanks so much!
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:09 am    Post subject:

Thanks for sharing that with us. I'll probably regret forever that I wasn't able to make it to that game, but it just wasn't in the cards. I'm glad that some of you were able to be there, and definitely for letting me live that moment @ Staples through you. I was pumped that he got to go out like that, because that 0-5 had me nervous, and the haters were circling the waters.
jjangx27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:41 am    Post subject:

thanks for this. enjoyed reading all of it
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:01 am    Post subject:

This is amazing. Thanks for sharing.
Exactly my feelings.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:02 am    Post subject:

Great job, TA. Such an amazing night for you to pick your first Staples game. Maybe next time you get out there you will see a statue of Kobe next to those other greats.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:15 am    Post subject:

Just beautiful, TA. Loved. Every. Word. Just so happy for you that you got to see it in person.

Quote:
What transpired after that is the stuff of legend that you tell your kids...and then their kids. And you tell their kid’s punk Lebron Jr. reppin’ friends right before telling them to get off your lawn.

Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:57 am    Post subject:

Thanks everyone! An unforgettable experience.

When I posted about it on FB, I said if I could freeze one sports moment in time, that would have to be it. Between that and Game 7 against the Celtics. Real close but I go with the Kobe 60 because I was there and still can't believe what I saw, heh.

I thought I was going to be sad/emotional when it was over (I told LS, I had a suspicion someone was going to be chopping onions at the end of that game), but instead, with the way it played out, I couldn't have been happier. He went out on the highest of notes given the circumstances. In hindsight people have said he should have retired on the two free throws with the torn achilles. It was the last time he was truly Kobe. However, we all know he was never going to leave like that. He needed these seasons to prove to himself he was completely and utterly done, having absolutely nothing left in the tank. It was painful to watch but the only way he was going out. And he still went out with a bang and as close to a Hollywood ending as we were going to get. Awesome awesome stuff.
Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:01 am    Post subject:

oldschool32 wrote:
Thanks for sharing that with us. I'll probably regret forever that I wasn't able to make it to that game, but it just wasn't in the cards. I'm glad that some of you were able to be there, and definitely for letting me live that moment @ Staples through you. I was pumped that he got to go out like that, because that 0-5 had me nervous, and the haters were circling the waters.

Man, that 0-5 was rough wasn't it? His shots just looked off. Even the great Kobe Bryant was feeling the nerves a bit. He had to have been. We wanted it SO bad for him, to see one more SHOW. He has always given everything he could for the fans, and you know he wanted to deliver, but it just wasn't working. It started to have that feel of Game 7 against Boston. Haters and keyboard warriors were ready to unload. Except, he's a stubborn mf'er though, and would not be denied.

I'm so glad he went out with the 60. Sincerely hope that's a much bigger part of how he's remembered toward the end of his career instead of the broken down Kobe we saw for 3 seasons. He was laughing and having a good time all year, but on his final night we saw the return of The Black Mamba. No smiles, no games. Just venom. What a way to go out.
Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:05 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Great job, TA. Such an amazing night for you to pick your first Staples game. Maybe next time you get out there you will see a statue of Kobe next to those other greats.

Yes! Pretty good timing.

I'm not sure HOW I can go back to Staples after that game DB, lol. Next time I manage to go back I definitely hope to see the Kobe statue. Not to mention, for all the (bleep) I've given him, seeing the Big Diesel's statue will be awesome, too.

Speaking of statues: After the game we were hanging around by the Chick statue when a couple of girls go to take a picture with it. Not just any picture though. One of the girls laid up onto Chick ... in such a way where her ... chest was being ... cupped by the Great Chick Hearn. LS was not amused. Haha.
Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:22 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Just beautiful, TA. Loved. Every. Word. Just so happy for you that you got to see it in person.

Quote:
What transpired after that is the stuff of legend that you tell your kids...and then their kids. And you tell their kid’s punk Lebron Jr. reppin’ friends right before telling them to get off your lawn.

Thanks Linda!! I just HAD to go and rep for the non-California fans!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:32 am    Post subject:

Tony Almeida wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

Yes! Pretty good timing.

I'm not sure HOW I can go back to Staples after that game DB, lol. Next time I manage to go back I definitely hope to see the Kobe statue. Not to mention, for all the (bleep) I've given him, seeing the Big Diesel's statue will be awesome, too.

Speaking of statues: After the game we were hanging around by the Chick statue when a couple of girls go to take a picture with it. Not just any picture though. One of the girls laid up onto Chick ... in such a way where her ... chest was being ... cupped by the Great Chick Hearn. LS was not amused. Haha.

So you're saying the mustard fell off the hotdog while the eggs were cooling?

I just saw your thread now. Man, what an experience it was for all of us that had the privilege off witnessing a great sports moment.
I took my father to the game where Magic came back against the Warriors and the Forum was electric that night. You could literally feel the vibration in the building and couldn't sit during warmups.

Kobe's last game was just magical and had the same energy, if not more. The excitement of "can he get 40? Wow, how crazy would it be if he got 50? Are you kidding me, he might get 60? There's no way that could happen".

Glad you enjoyed it!
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:55 am    Post subject:

CHURCH!

!...
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:11 am    Post subject:

Beautiful Mr. Almeida. Nearly every basketball memory I have is colored by Kobe in some way. In many ways, he IS basketball to me. I really hope we can find a way to recapture that magic soon.

PS...you get around to strangling the producers at Fox for ruining what would have been your grand re-entrance to 24?
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:53 am    Post subject:

This post was better than making the playoffs.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:28 pm    Post subject:

Wanted to be on page 1 of this.
Bas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:36 pm    Post subject:

Great write up TA!!
"Hate my game, my swagger. Hate my fadeaway, my hunger. Hate that I'm a veteran. A champion. Hate that. Hate it with all your heart. And hate that I'm loved, for the exact same reasons." - Kobe Bryant
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: