Nba reviews James Harden last shot shouldnt have counted.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:38 pm    Post subject: Nba reviews James Harden last shot shouldnt have counted.

The Beard gets away for pushing over on his game winning shot.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15305873/2016-nba-playoffs-league-says-james-harden-game-winner-houston-rockets-not-counted
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:39 pm    Post subject:

League also said they should have called a foul on Iggy on the turnover play that gave GS the lead, when he was clearly holding Beasley. Should have been a FT and the ball.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:51 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
League also said they should have called a foul on Iggy on the turnover play that gave GS the lead, when he was clearly holding Beasley. Should have been a FT and the ball.

You won the game, relax (even tho you likely will not win the series)
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:01 am    Post subject:

Do they think the fans will be satisfied knowing what the bad calls are without them needing to do anything about them?
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:24 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Do they think the fans will be satisfied knowing what the bad calls are without them needing to do anything about them?

The league has been rightfully accused by being closed lip, so this is part of their tiny effort of transparency. I think it's healthy for the league to admit that refs are human and make mistakes. But that doesn't mean you can go back and replay the game after the fact.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:33 am    Post subject:

Great, now can they admit that MJ did the same thing to Byron Russell?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:54 am    Post subject:

They also awarded a flagrant 1 to Green.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:43 pm    Post subject:

If that's a foul, the whole officiating crew needs training because none of them call that.
cccplus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:30 pm    Post subject:

nba zebras are the worst in pro sports
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:34 pm    Post subject:

So what!!! It's meaningless. Should have kept it to themselves. All it does is make referees look bad. They have no recourse to correct.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:22 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
If that's a foul, the whole officiating crew needs training because none of them call that.

The only one of the "bad calls" they made i'd expect to actually get called was the beasley suplex, the rest were pretty soft.
Raijin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:01 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
They also awarded a flagrant 1 to Green.

Meaningless
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:57 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
So what!!! It's meaningless. Should have kept it to themselves. All it does is make referees look bad. They have no recourse to correct.

Since last season, the NBA has been releasing a report on bad calls in the last two minutes of games that were within five points at the two-minute mark and all of any overtime periods. It's called "NBA Officiating Last Two Minute Report"
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:38 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Since last season, the NBA has been releasing a report on bad calls in the last two minutes of games that were within five points at the two-minute mark and all of any overtime periods. It's called "NBA Officiating Last Two Minute Report"

LINK

I'm familiar with the activity. I say it has no productive meaning. It's not going to change the outcome of the game. It only adds fodder for conspiracy theorist. Officials have enough reasons for criticism they don't need any more fuel for the fire.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
MIZ83
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:54 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
activeverb wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

I'm familiar with the activity. I say it has no productive meaning. It's not going to change the outcome of the game. It only adds fodder for conspiracy theorist. Officials have enough reasons for criticism they don't need any more fuel for the fire.

Of course, it serves a purpose. Criticism from the league, their boss, should cause review and adjustment on the part of the refs.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:53 am    Post subject:

It will be a tough order for the Warriors to beat the Lakers 1 loss playoff record now.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:18 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
activeverb wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

Transparency.
We know the officials aren't perfect. Thats why they eventually allowed calls to be reviewed.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:19 pm    Post subject:

MIZ83 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
activeverb wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

Of course, it serves a purpose. Criticism from the league, their boss, should cause review and adjustment on the part of the refs.

Every game a referee officiates is reviewed by staff at the game and in the league office. Every game is evaluated and scored. Scores determine post season work.

Referees are under enormous pressure to preform to standards. It's a highly scrutinized profession. If an official is performing below standards I believe they can be dismissed.

I don't see a need to add to the pressure by involving fans. Fans who in most cases are biased by team affiliation.

A game payed as fast as the NBA means mistakes will be made, calls missed. They've taken some pressure off refs by using instant replay in certain situations.

I'd like to see crews formed and travel together as teams. IMO that would mean more consistent calls. It would also show teams officials tendencies.

defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:55 pm    Post subject:

Offensive players regularly push off and lower their shoulder and body into defenders. The refs rarely calls those. The league wants points and does everything to give offensive players the advantage. Guys just have to deal with it and do the best they can being handicapped on defense.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:29 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
MIZ83 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
activeverb wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

Every game a referee officiates is reviewed by staff at the game and in the league office. Every game is evaluated and scored. Scores determine post season work.

Referees are under enormous pressure to preform to standards. It's a highly scrutinized profession. If an official is performing below standards I believe they can be dismissed.

I don't see a need to add to the pressure by involving fans. Fans who in most cases are biased by team affiliation.

A game payed as fast as the NBA means mistakes will be made, calls missed. They've taken some pressure off refs by using instant replay in certain situations.

I'd like to see crews formed and travel together as teams. IMO that would mean more consistent calls. It would also show teams officials tendencies.

Fair enough -- you're part of the camp that thinks it's OK for the NBA to be closed lip, not respond when fans complain about obvious ref errors, and think handling it quietly behind the scenes with no explanation for how it was handled is enough.

However, the NBA put the report in place precisely because so many people complained about this attitude. And I don't see that it really puts any added pressure on refs.

Bottom line is fans will never be happy about the refereeing.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:56 pm    Post subject:

They should review every one of Haren's flops. Watch that scoring avg dip by double digits.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:22 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
jodeke wrote:
MIZ83 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
activeverb wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

Fair enough -- you're part of the camp that thinks it's OK for the NBA to be closed lip, not respond when fans complain about obvious ref errors, and think handling it quietly behind the scenes with no explanation for how it was handled is enough.

However, the NBA put the report in place precisely because so many people complained about this attitude. And I don't see that it really puts any added pressure on refs.

NO
, that's a camp you put me in. I think the league is doing a good job in responding to fans complaints. I also think they're doing a good job in the way they scrutinize and handle referees. I don't think reviewing and reporting after the fact is productive. IMO that only fuels the fire. If they had recourse I'd be on board. They have none.

activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:05 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
activeverb wrote:
jodeke wrote:
MIZ83 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
activeverb wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

NO
, that's a camp you put me in. I think the league is doing a good job in responding to fans complaints. I also think they're doing a good job in the way they scrutinize and handle referees. I don't think reviewing and reporting after the fact is productive. IMO that only fuels the fire. If they had recourse I'd be on board. They have none.

Fair enough. Basically, all the NBA is doing is making their end-of-game evaluation of the refereeing open to the public. Personally, I see no problem with that. The Harden incident, for example, generated very few comments in this thread and relatively little attention, so I don't see it fueling any fire. If anything, I think it diffuses things a little. I think it's healthy to admit the refs are human and make mistakes, and, yes, not all mistakes can be corrected -- such is life.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 3:18 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
jodeke wrote:
activeverb wrote:
jodeke wrote:
MIZ83 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
activeverb wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

NO

Fair enough. Basically, all the NBA is doing is making their end-of-game evaluation of the refereeing open to the public. Personally, I see no problem with that. The Harden incident, for example, generated very few comments in this thread and relatively little attention, so I don't see it fueling any fire. If anything, I think it diffuses things a little. I think it's healthy to admit the refs are human and make mistakes, and, yes, not all mistakes can be corrected -- such is life.

Well, no harm no foul. I haven't heard or read anything negative about the reporting. It's JMO.

PartyMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Hey it makes sure they won't break our playoff 15-1 record...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: