Anyone rooting for GSW to fail?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:34 am    Post subject:

Im rooting for them! Jerry West and Luke Walton are up there, plus GS winning means Lebron doesnt get #3 and Duncan doesnt get #6
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:33 am    Post subject:

Yeah, there's some Lakers DNA up north. I can't root for them to lose.

Update: Curry is ruled out with a Grade 1 MCL sprain. He'll be reevaluated in two weeks. Best case might be for GSW to lose a couple of games to Houston, buying Curry some recovery time before facing a more serious opponent.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:13 pm    Post subject:

Luke Walton? I didn't even like him when he was a Laker.
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:20 pm    Post subject:

Think of it this way- the sooner GSW season ends, the quicker Walton can shift his attention to joining us!
I Bleed P&G
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:22 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:

Update: Curry is ruled out with a Grade 1 MCL sprain. He'll be reevaluated in two weeks. Best case might be for GSW to lose a couple of games to Houston, buying Curry some recovery time before facing a more serious opponent.

I know the Rockets suck but giving any team some life could be playing with fire.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:58 pm    Post subject:

I Bleed P&G wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:

I know the Rockets suck but giving any team some life could be playing with fire.
The should eliminate them and be hopeful portland extends their series against the Clips.
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:51 pm    Post subject:

I'm rooting for GSW and the SAS to win. Both are fine clubs which play the game in ways I like to watch.
PurpleAndGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:24 pm    Post subject:

Yep I'm rooting for OKC
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:34 am    Post subject:

Well it looks like GSW caught a lucky break (pun intended). With CP3 out and Blake possibly burdened with injury, their next round match up will either be Portland or the very hobbled Clippies. That injuries will likely extend the length of the series, decreasing the number of games that Curry will miss in the second round, or at the very least, enable GSW to rest Curry a few more days prior to the WCF.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:50 am    Post subject:

Wow, if it's SAS vs Cleveland in the finals, then Duncan and Popovich will have thwarted LeBron three times.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:02 am    Post subject:

I'll root for the Dubs next year if they lose this year.
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:07 am    Post subject:

warriors on track to win it again. thanks clippers
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Spurs loom large if Curry isn't 100%.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:17 pm    Post subject:

Dubnation wrote:
Yall crazy rooting for the dubs to fail. We got this fam! Now that the clips are out of the way (hehe) Stef can rest up and get the fmvp he deserves. Back to back baby!

I like the lakers too, but let's be real, yall aren't going anywhere for a while so you should join me up north hehe

Any more room on the bandwagon?

Can I join the group of life-long, 6 month Warriors fans?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:28 pm    Post subject:

Dubnation wrote:
Lots of room fam! But im no bandwagoner... I'm from socal but went to school in the bay so i love the lakers AND dubs! Of course dubs are a lot better the last few years cuz we have prolly the best player ever but lakers will come back strong soon! Russell looks like the shiznit as long as you keep them cell phone cameras away from his snitiching azz (lol) and carson is pretty good too. Forgot who else ya got as i didnt watch too mamy games this year but lakers are always in it to win it!

Glad you're not a bandwagoner, because we're full up. Go back north.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:22 am    Post subject:

Nnamdi21 wrote:
warriors on track to win it again. thanks clippers
Blazers are surprisingly good. They'll give Warriors a much better test than the Rockets did. Assuming Curry doesn't play the series, could see it go 6-7 games.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
PurpleAndGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:11 am    Post subject:

For sure too many GSW bandwagoners, too many on this forum for my liking too. There is a giant lovefest for the Warriors and people are actively rooting for them to beat certain Lakers records it's stupid. Only way I'll root for them is if they play the Spurs/Cavs, other than that they're just another team to me they get no extra love from my part.
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:28 am    Post subject:

PurpleAndGOAT wrote:
For sure too many GSW bandwagoners, too many on this forum for my liking too. There is a giant lovefest for the Warriors and people are actively rooting for them to beat certain Lakers records it's stupid. Only way I'll root for them is if they play the Spurs/Cavs, other than that they're just another team to me they get no extra love from my part.

exactly how I feel but, they're fans are starting to make me root against them. I've always respected the Spurs and wouldn't mind if they won again. As long as it means LeOptOut doesn't win another.
PurpleAndGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:41 pm    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:
PurpleAndGOAT wrote:

exactly how I feel but, they're fans are starting to make me root against them. I've always respected the Spurs and wouldn't mind if they won again. As long as it means LeOptOut doesn't win another.

I can't have Tim Duncan getting his 6th ring though so until he retires I don't want the Spurs to win another title
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:16 pm    Post subject:

I don't have nothing against GSW. Obviously I don't want them to break Lakers records (like 33 wins), but they play exciting basketball and don't have any (bleep) like LeBron.
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:28 pm    Post subject:

PurpleAndGOAT wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:
PurpleAndGOAT wrote:

I can't have Tim Duncan getting his 6th ring though so until he retires I don't want the Spurs to win another title

Why not? Because of Kobe? Who cares? It's not gonna affect anything.
PurpleAndGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:51 pm    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:
PurpleAndGOAT wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:
PurpleAndGOAT wrote:

Why not? Because of Kobe? Who cares? It's not gonna affect anything.

Yes it will, it'll change a lot of things and pretty much solidify Duncan over Kobe in a lot of people's minds
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:26 am    Post subject:

Root for them to win. Because that decreases the likelihood of KD joining them. If they lose, KD can technically say he didn't ride their coattail. As a matter of fact, he'll get a lot of credit for returning them to glory. To increase our chance of signing him, you root for GW to win.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:36 am    Post subject:

Well, hope they get quickly swept by Portland so our head coach can get an early start on the path for his long new career.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 1:06 am    Post subject:

Isn't this true for anyone else??
I don't want GS to win because then they get a repeat and it allows people to compare it to the Lakers repeat and kobe vs curry, etc. That will be annoying, so I don't want GS to win simply for that.
But we definitely don't want the Spurs to win one more and give the Duncan era a 6th ring and allow people to compare it to the LA dynasty and be all "6 vs 5"...so that's bad, mmk.

Looks like a LOSE LOSE to me!!
gdit

I'm rooting for Portland. And Atlanta. Yes. Portland vs Atlanta would be the perfect series.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: