Jeanie Buss (Live On The Heard) 10:30 am PT/ 1:30 ET
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:09 pm    Post subject:

KobeDunk wrote:
Done with the Jeanie bs .... She is as much a problem as Jim is, if not more.

they are both idiots. jeanie for being emotional and jim for a list of other reasons.

hopefully they will both be gone in a few years, but i doubt it.
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:13 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
JoJo Dancer wrote:
That clown Jimbo started this whole mess. Going on the radio YEARS ago to call Phil out and then publicly announcing his self imposed deadline. This team has been atrocious with him as the head of basketball ops. The worst in franchise history. Put up or shut up time.

So the titles the team won with Jim as head of bball ops don't count?

Yeah, when Phil was coach and Jerry was running the team. Best coach-owner combo in recent memory.

Now, you have Jimbo who hires guys like MDA (wait Jerry did the hiring, from his hospital bed, right?) Mike Brown and Byron Scott (Wait, it was Jeanie who hired them...lol)

Some people are better in certain roles. For example, Phil as coach. Jerry as owner. Jim as "Head of basketball ops" (lol).

That's what Jim should be. Behind the scenes. Working behind Mitch and another owner (you know, who knows what he's doing).

Jim doesn't cut it from an owner's standpoint. His Sister doesn't either.
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:01 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
Surfitall wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
akk7 wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
My biggest takeway from the interview is that Jim and Mitch despise Phil and don't want him anywhere near the organization. Which is great because he's trying to force the triangle on players when everyone but him knows its outdated.

Whenever I see someone say this, I instantly know they don't know anything about the triangle.

Yet you never could break it down when asked to do so.

On a forum where objective evidence is routinely dismissed in favor of one's own narrative? I'm going to waste time breaking the triangle down just so people can turn around and still spout their nonsense despite all the evidence to the contrary? No thanks. I've been on this forum for a decade, I know how things work. Every argument ends in an agree-to-disagree, or one party tires of the other or both just quit. No one concedes. People have their opinions, and those aren't really going to change no matter what. No matter what.

I'm going to have to pass on that one.
Pot, meet kettle.

The triangle is far from outdated.

It really is. It is a one gap offense with mostly pointless movement in today's game, and will net you a ton of poor efficiency post and iso shots against the clock. There are some good sets in it, but everybody is already using those and adding to them.

I think the way Phil used the triangle will always be effective in the NBA as long as the right personell are running it. As long as you have a dominant post scorer you can spam it's going to work but I guess that goes for any offense

The key point here is "the way Phil used the triangle". Phil Jackson is a living genius and the triangle is so much more than just an offense when used by him. Phil builds a culture of strong minded men and gets them to subjugate their own games in favor of the greater good of the team, and the triangle offense is integral to that.

The triangle wasn't even working that well with Phil after Tex left. Tex did the actual system. Phil managed the personalities.

Yup Tex winter was the X n O guy. Phil was more of an ego manager than anything else but I think that's the most important attribute for an NBA head coach .

I don't know, I think you guys aren't giving Phil enough credit when it comes to X's and O's. Even before he got to the NBA, Phil was coaching his CBA team to championships. There is more to him that just managing egos, but I don't disagree about Tex being the architect of the Triangle. No question.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10
Jump to: