Keep Lou or Trade him?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Keep or Trade Lou?
Keep
32%
 32%  [ 25 ]
Trade
67%
 67%  [ 53 ]
Total Votes : 78

drew4lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:44 pm    Post subject:

If someone makes a great offer, sure.

Otherwise, I'm no longer worried about the young guys being properly developed. I think a lot of people's issues with him stemmed from Byron using Lou at the expense of the rookies' development.

I'd like to see if he can fit within Luke's system. If he can't, then try to move him towards the trade deadline.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:45 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Iconic wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
If we get DeRozan, I say trade. JC would be the new 6th man & I would want a 3/D SF beside DeRozan/Russell in the back court.

There should be a market for a 6MOY candidate locked in a cheap contract. Maybe a heavy protected future 1st round pick

Not sure why a person would still want DeRozan after yet another disastrous postseason performance. 3 straight post seasons can't be a coincidence

Not that I'm excusing him but he's going up against one of the better defenders in the league in Paul George. He does need to do better than that in order to warrant the max contract though.

Also it's real tough playing at a high level in the playoffs, particularly when teams can adjust to every game, also Casey is over using him, DeRoz is not a super star is he just a very good player.
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:45 pm    Post subject:

drew4lakers wrote:
If someone makes a great offer, sure.

Otherwise, I'm no longer worried about the young guys being properly developed. I think a lot of people's issues with him stemmed from Byron using Lou at the expense of the rookies' development.

I'd like to see if he can fit within Luke's system. If he can't, then try to move him towards the trade deadline.

I don't think it'd be the worst thing to have Lou and Clarkson leading our 2nd unit.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:47 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Iconic wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Iconic wrote:
tox wrote:
Iconic wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
If we get DeRozan, I say trade. JC would be the new 6th man & I would want a 3/D SF beside DeRozan/Russell in the back court.

There should be a market for a 6MOY candidate locked in a cheap contract. Maybe a heavy protected future 1st round pick

Not sure why a person would still want DeRozan after yet another disastrous postseason performance. 3 straight post seasons can't be a coincidence

What part of 24-4-3.5 on 55% TS% is disastrous, exactly?

I said postseason, his TS% this postseason has been a red hot sizzling 39.8%

Let's not exactly act like the only player that struggles in the playoffs is DeRoz.

I'm sure if we go through lists every year we will see some players struggling in the post-seasons, no one realizes how tough it is when teams can adjust to you game 2 game in a 7 game series, that is why players end up being good or great to being a HOF when they can play in the biggest stage.

Anyone who is shrugging off DeRoz this summer, might want to do a recheck.

The thing is DeRozan has played poorly the past 2 postseasons as well, this is just his worst postseason by far. But maybe Toronto is just cursed because Lowry has been pretty bad the past 3 postseasons too

When that happens coaching is usually the culprit

Casey most diffinitely is the cause of some of the struggles by Lowry and DeRozan.
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:39 pm    Post subject:

If we trade Lou I wouldn't mind signing Seth Curry for cheap
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:40 pm    Post subject:

definitely trade him. He has value.. is on a nice contract compared to what lesser players will receive.

Nick Young, I'd give until the trade deadline. I think he will do very, very well in Luke's offense.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:44 pm    Post subject:

I think there are two reasons he's a strong candidate to get traded. One, if we trade for a star and move a young asset or two, his $7MM salary will help to balance out the salaries as far as incoming/outgoing. (Not that we have to have the salaries match, but it would be nice to trade for a star AND still have virtually the same cap space left.) And two, if it's true that he's one of the vets that took the lead in shunning D'Angelo Russell after that whole leaked video fiasco (and if Russell does not get traded), then I think he should be moved because I don't want that negative energy around Russell. (And Nick will be either moved or stretched, also.)
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:32 pm    Post subject:

People seem to be oblivious that he has beef with dlo...he was the guy who left the table when dlo came to sit down or something...you guys read the report.

Trade asap, him and swag obviously.
tj24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:48 pm    Post subject:

Unless he can improve his defense(he won't) then he's gotta go. You can't have a backcourt filled with - defenders and expect to win anything. I'd like them to look at Chalmers in FA.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:50 pm    Post subject:

If we're able to sign a starting SG this offseason, trade him and Nick Young. If not then keep Lou and get rid of Young. Moral of the story - get rid of Young.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:53 pm    Post subject:

Fruscas wrote:
People seem to be oblivious that he has beef with dlo...he was the guy who left the table when dlo came to sit down or something...you guys read the report.

I think it was just one example the writers gave of the team shunning him. D'LO himself said the there was a general bad vibe in the locker room.
miamichico305
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:58 pm    Post subject:

Depends on what happens with JC during FA, if a team is stupid enough to offer him 12-13mil per year.. let him walk then we keep Lou who is basically an older JC.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:29 pm    Post subject:

Fruscas wrote:

He could have left DLO not out of any personal grievance but solidarity with Young.

You don't really know unless you're in the locker room.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:30 pm    Post subject:

Oh please trade him asap. He will have no room in this new system.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:31 pm    Post subject:

Trade him.
drew4lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:36 pm    Post subject:

That was to be expected
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:41 pm    Post subject:

Is it OK to have one player who comes off the bench and does his own thing? As long as they're effective, maybe just one...
paolomagma
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:42 pm    Post subject:

iimarshon wrote:
Lou for:

- Trevor Ariza
- Tyson Chandler
- Thabo Sefolosha
- Iman Sumpert
- Corey Brewer
- KJ Mcdaniels
- Shabazz Mohammed
- Kosta Koufos

From that list I'd consider only Shumpert and Koufos.

But I say we keep him. Give him a chance in Luke's offense.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:44 pm    Post subject:

Iconic wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Iconic wrote:
tox wrote:
Iconic wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

Let's not exactly act like the only player that struggles in the playoffs is DeRoz.

I'm sure if we go through lists every year we will see some players struggling in the post-seasons, no one realizes how tough it is when teams can adjust to you game 2 game in a 7 game series, that is why players end up being good or great to being a HOF when they can play in the biggest stage.

The thing is DeRozan has played poorly the past 2 postseasons as well, this is just his worst postseason by far. But maybe Toronto is just cursed because Lowry has been pretty bad the past 3 postseasons too

The Raptors offense has played bad in the last couple of playoff series. It isn't a very well designed system.

As for Lou, as of now you hang onto him, he is a great bargain and will be more of a bargain the next two seasons.
Scoffs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:55 pm    Post subject:

He's an iso type player and a ball stopper. Let's give his minutes to Anthony Brown instead.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:58 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Iconic wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Iconic wrote:
tox wrote:
Iconic wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

The Raptors offense has played bad in the last couple of playoff series. It isn't a very well designed system.

As for Lou, as of now you hang onto him, he is a great bargain and will be more of a bargain the next two seasons.

Agreed.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 7:37 am    Post subject:

I will sign & Trade CLee and send Lou...
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 8:40 am    Post subject:

Depends on how the Lakers do with the big free agents. If they're are able to sign KD and Horford/Whiteside, turn into a playoff team, then Lou could be valuable as a 6th man. However, if they strike out on the major players, they might as well gear up for 2017 free agency and move Lou's deal for the cap space.
All_Star_Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 11:00 am    Post subject:

Lou had the highest PPS on the team of any player receiving significant minutes.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 11:45 am    Post subject:

If they keep Lou and add Derozan, the average game will be 4 hours because of all of the free throws.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: