Is Luke Walton the right choice for the Lakers?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is Luke Walton the Right Hire for the Lakers?
Yes
78%
 78%  [ 173 ]
No
21%
 21%  [ 46 ]
Total Votes : 219

Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:40 am    Post subject:

LA Golden Eagle wrote:
All you who think Luke is a good hire are delusional!

I pity you poor fools!

This is the second such post. Care to provide any detail, or just staking out early territory as a naysayer?
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:00 am    Post subject:

i think he's a good hire.. but we can't expect success right away.. gotta be patient.. especially with this roster.
JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Wthout a doubt he is the right hire. Im sure we were all sick of hiring HC who have failed alot.

I have a really good feeling about Luke. He's a young coach for our young core. He's in tune with today's NBA from his time in GSW, hes won titles as a player and coach. He's seen how a winning culture is established from both sides of the spectrum.

He's also well spoken and being around PJax, Tex, DFish and them guys, Im sure he's learned overtime on how to get players trust, how to have them buy into a system and how to command a locker room instead of demand it, instead of telling players "ya, I wouldn't want you to be in a foxhole with me, thats for sure"

Imagine how much its going to benefit the younger guys on the team when training camp starts and you have Luke running the guys through the drills that PJax use to have them run.. the basic stuff thats essential, rather then having them do 3 a day heavy practices full of sprints and suicides.

I hope Luke has a long, successful HC run here in LA.. maybe for a point where LA resigns him after the 4 years to a longer contract.
I cant wait for his press conference and he's finally introduced as out Head Coach.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 12:27 pm    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
i think he's a good hire.. but we can't expect success right away.. gotta be patient.. especially with this roster.

Patience is the key. Between Byron's coaching and Kobe's chucking the existing players got a master class in how not to play modern basketball. Some culture shock is expected.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 12:34 pm    Post subject:

I think so. Can never be certain for a rookie head coach, but he was well worth the gamble. If he flops, I can live with it and have no issue with the FO's thinking this time. Completely different than with Scott, MDA or Brown. Horrendous choices. This one is the best choice we've made since Phil in 99/05. And if you look at not proven choices - this could be the best one since Riley.

I don't expect championships or even a playoff lock next year, but give Luke 2 years and I think he will be worth it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 12:43 pm    Post subject:

There is no guarantee any coach is the right coach.

And Luke might be a little green at 36 with limited experience, but, I think no matter side of the fence you stand on, we can all agree he is one of the rising young assistant coaches in this league.

So its a good gamble IMO.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Luke is a smart guy with charisma, he just needs some more talent on the roster to succeed.
D. Sharp
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 3:39 pm    Post subject:

We'll see if he is, but he's certainly the best choice for the Lakers. He brings instant clout to the FAs, his presence demands instant respect from the players, and encourages a warm, welcoming environment as opposed to the cold, emotionally distant one from Scott.
AJLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 4:17 pm    Post subject:

I believe so. I'm still happy over the hire. My only concern is inexperience, but I think he'll figure it out sooner than later and become a great HC in the process.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 4:33 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
I think so. Can never be certain for a rookie head coach, but he was well worth the gamble. If he flops, I can live with it and have no issue with the FO's thinking this time. Completely different than with Scott, MDA or Brown. Horrendous choices. This one is the best choice we've made since Phil in 99/05. And if you look at not proven choices - this could be the best one since Riley.

I don't expect championships or even a playoff lock next year, but give Luke 2 years and I think he will be worth it.

Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 7:43 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

This is what I think, scary how often I agree with you!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7
Jump to: