OFFICIAL ANTHONY BROWN THREAD - (WAIVED - p49; WAIVED AGAIN - p65)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cochese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:26 pm    Post subject:

The whole thing with Brown is his threepoint shot. His 3's almost always missed short. If he can find the range and play D he can be a nice player for us.

I'm hoping Walton can bring out the best in him.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:42 pm    Post subject:

Cochese wrote:
The whole thing with Brown is his threepoint shot. His 3's almost always missed short. If he can find the range and play D he can be a nice player for us.

I'm hoping Walton can bring out the best in him.

He needs some confidence. His shot is nice.
He needs to work on his handles though. At least to Ron Artest level
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:43 pm    Post subject:

Brown's legs always seemed gone with his shot, but the biggest problem is he always hesitated to shoot. When he was wide open he'd delay it by a second and the guy would close out on him and thus his shot would miss.

When he just shot it it went in, and in rhythm.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:45 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Brown's legs always seemed gone with his shot, but the biggest problem is he always hesitated to shoot. When he was wide open he'd delay it by a second and the guy would close out on him and thus his shot would miss.

Yea. Seems like he just needs some experience.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 2:45 am    Post subject:

Hopefully we get a better shooting coach in next season too. For all the career success as a shooter during his playing days, Tracy Murray has been pretty ineffective as the teams shooting coach.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 10:10 am    Post subject:

Worthy42 wrote:
Hopefully we get a better shooting coach in next season too. For all the career success as a shooter during his playing days, Tracy Murray has been pretty ineffective as the teams shooting coach.

Seeing Julius' practice his jumper vs. how it looks in the game tells me something's wrong with the coaching. Especially when the narrative is "it goes in in practice, it just hasn't translated to games yet".

THAT'S BECAUSE YOU HAVE HIM SHOOTING SET SHOTS WITHOUT ANY CONTEST. His in game jumper looks completely different
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 10:15 am    Post subject:

I think he can be a nice role player for us next season if Luke clearly defines his role.

Under Byron he'd play 30 minutes one game then not play at all for weeks.

As a shooter it's hard to get into any sort of rhythm with such inconsistent playing time.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 10:36 am    Post subject:

Mindripper2000 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
I remember when people were complaining on draft night that he should have been drafted before Nance. And saying, "What are the Lakers doing? Nance would have probably been there in the 2nd round."

Once again the front office shows us why they are ahead of all of us when it comes to drafting players.

With that being said, I'd say we give the kid a chance. He missed a lot of threes last season and didn't take advantage of his little playing abilities, but it's a little too early to write him off yet. But yeah, he's definitely the most expendable of our young core.

Spurs didn't give up on Danny Green and Lakers have zero reason to give up on Anthony Brown.

Byron would've stuck a useless 3 pt shooter like Danny Green on the bench indefinitely.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 11:01 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Mindripper2000 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
I remember when people were complaining on draft night that he should have been drafted before Nance. And saying, "What are the Lakers doing? Nance would have probably been there in the 2nd round."

Once again the front office shows us why they are ahead of all of us when it comes to drafting players.

With that being said, I'd say we give the kid a chance. He missed a lot of threes last season and didn't take advantage of his little playing abilities, but it's a little too early to write him off yet. But yeah, he's definitely the most expendable of our young core.

Spurs didn't give up on Danny Green and Lakers have zero reason to give up on Anthony Brown.

Byron would've stuck a useless 3 pt shooter like Danny Green on the bench indefinitely.

He did it in Cleveland with Omri Casspi.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:16 pm    Post subject:

AB3 will be fighting for his NBA life this summer whether we get Ingram or not.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:19 pm    Post subject:

With Magic tutoring D'Lo, maybe BigShotRob can tutor Brown...
Jenn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 9:48 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
MJST wrote:

Yea. Seems like he just needs some experience.

I agree. And Byron, of course, used him most horribly: didn't play at all, then big minutes when Kobe rested and someone else was hurt.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 5:43 am    Post subject:

The kid went from a ton of DNP-CD's to starting and defending the KD's of the league... ugh FU Byron.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 7:16 am    Post subject:

Mini Mamba wrote:
I think he can be a nice role player for us next season if Luke clearly defines his role.

Under Byron he'd play 30 minutes one game then not play at all for weeks.

As a shooter it's hard to get into any sort of rhythm with such inconsistent playing time.

Right there is the issue. I like AB3's game and I think that he can be our 3 and D guy.

I honestly think that we can not really evaluate any of our young players based on the past 2 years under Byron. He put the players in a position to not succeed. I wouldn't make any trades or over pay any free agents before we get an idea of what our homegrown players can do with a real coach in a real system.
lakerhaterhater
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 8:21 am    Post subject:

Really looking forward to see how Anthony progresses next season. if he can get that long ball to start falling at a decent clip I think that could fuel him on the other side of the court. He's got the tools and the heart all he needs now is the confidence. Really hope he can contribute more next season
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 8:34 am    Post subject:

What's going on with his injury?
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 8:35 am    Post subject:

Andre Roberson with a better three point shot is a really good comp for him.
lakerhaterhater
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 8:53 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
think he's getting there. https://lakeshowlife.com/2016/05/03/lakers-larry-nance-jr-anthony-brown-begin-offseason-training-early/
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 8:56 am    Post subject:

lakerhaterhater wrote:
Really looking forward to see how Anthony progresses next season. if he can get that long ball to start falling at a decent clip I think that could fuel him on the other side of the court. He's got the tools and the heart all he needs now is the confidence. Really hope he can contribute more next season

Brown faces a tough task making the team next year. He looked pretty bad last year, and most of the time he had the deer in headlights look on his face. That's not a good sign. I expect to see him playing for the defenders next year.

Hopefully he surprises me, and we see him playing well next year in Luke's system.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 9:08 am    Post subject:

lakerhaterhater wrote:
Car54 wrote:
think he's getting there. https://lakeshowlife.com/2016/05/03/lakers-larry-nance-jr-anthony-brown-begin-offseason-training-early/

numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 9:57 am    Post subject:

oldschool32 wrote:
lakerhaterhater wrote:

Brown faces a tough task making the team next year. He looked pretty bad last year, and most of the time he had the deer in headlights look on his face. That's not a good sign. I expect to see him playing for the defenders next year.

Hopefully he surprises me, and we see him playing well next year in Luke's system.

Brown is only one of six players currently under contract. He has a skill we need (perimeter shooting) at a position with currently zero depth and he'll make well under a million. He's a lock to be on the roster next season unless he's traded.

Who wouldn't be overwhelmed in their first year when they get playing time and then ride the bench for 5-10 games?
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 10:35 am    Post subject:

I'm excited to see his growth this summer. IIRC, he was very good at coming off of screens at Stanford, which is something that we didnt do very much aside from some very predictable Floppy sets last year. He could do very well in this action. Improvement in his ball handling is key.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 11:27 am    Post subject:

Yeah, screens were very rare in the Laker's offense the past couple of seasons. I like that Brown already knows how to play defense.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 11:30 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:
lakerhaterhater wrote:

Brown is only one of six players currently under contract. He has a skill we need (perimeter shooting) at a position with currently zero depth and he'll make well under a million. He's a lock to be on the roster next season unless he's traded.

Who wouldn't be overwhelmed in their first year when they get playing time and then ride the bench for 5-10 games?

and then start against Durant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 11:35 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:
lakerhaterhater wrote:

and then start against Durant

nah, he was just scared in that game. A grown man afraid of another grown man
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 26 of 67
Jump to: