Who Do You Hope the Lakers Draft - Simmons or Ingram?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Do You Hope the Lakers Draft?
Ben Simmons
45%
 45%  [ 205 ]
Brandon Ingram
54%
 54%  [ 243 ]
Total Votes : 448

KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:30 pm    Post subject: Who Do You Hope the Lakers Draft - Simmons or Ingram?

WWLD - What would Luke do assuming the Lakers got the #1 overall pick?

Could Simmons be his version of Draymond Green?

Could Ingram be his version of a taller Klay Thompson?
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:34 pm    Post subject:

It's possible that he might see Simmons as a potentially souped up Draymond-type, which I'm a little worried about cuz of the lack of shooting that would create between him and Randle.

I want Ingram 12 out of 10 times...

But first things first, let's at least keep the pick, let alone have it come up as #1 overall.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:37 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
It's possible that he might see Simmons as a potentially souped up Draymond-type, which I'm a little worried about cuz of the lack of shooting that would create between him and Randle.

But first things first, let's at least keep the pick, let alone have it come up as #1 overall.

Just having some fun, another 2.5 weeks (May 17th) until we know where we land w/the ping pong balls.

Since we have a head coach and have an idea of the offense ... figure it would be fun.
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
crackadon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:37 pm    Post subject:

I thought WWLD stood for "who would Luke draft?"

(Sorry, I don't have much else to contribute to this thread)
lakerhaterhater
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 11:51 pm    Post subject:

I think Luke takes Ingram. We're going to be swinging the ball a lot more under Luke. Extra passes, simple passes are going to be the norm I think, that's modern basketball.
The open man takes the shot, not the open man drives into an already collapsed defence.

Ingram doesn't compare to any GSW but that is not a bad thing at all. I'm sure LW will be able to see beyond that and not think it a negative against him
LakerLuke
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 11:54 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:

Draymond didn't become a good shooter til this year (4th season). Shooting is the easiest skill to correct, especially among players that are already highly skilled.
LakerLuke
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 11:56 pm    Post subject:

Simmons was high school teammates with Russell and they won the national championship. So we know they already have winning chemistry.
LakerEric
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 12:58 am    Post subject:

Simmons preferably but Ingram is going to be fantastic as well!
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 1:28 am    Post subject:

Personally, I don't think it's close. If it's between Simmons or Ingram, I think Simmons would be the way to go. Out of college, Simmons is the physical speciman, with the passing, and finishing abilities, minus the defense and shooting abilities Draymond provides, while Ingram is the shooter and has the length to be a potential lock down player on the perimeter defensively. The hope for Simmons is that by year 2 or 3 he figures out the shooting and defense, while for Ingram, it's his handle and finding other go to moves offensively. While Ingram has the higher floor, Simmons has the higher ceiling, in terms of his potential for Luke's offense. If a rookie Simmons were to implemented into the Lakers, I think Luke would mainly tell him to focus on his defense, make the right plays offensively, give him the freedom to push in transition when necessary, and encourage him to take jumpers when he's open.
paolomagma
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 1:38 am    Post subject:

I honestly don't think it's close.
Simmons will be the #1 pick whichever team gets lucky.

Ingram will be a fantastic #2 pick though. It's not a dig. It is what it is. No shame in that.

Either way, we'd be very lucky to get either of them considering our situation.

My worst case scenario would be Boston getting ahead of us in the draft.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 3:12 am    Post subject:

Simmons.
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 3:39 am    Post subject:

It is a "win win"...But Simmons as a Bron-Draymond hybrid for Luke it "should" be...
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 4:39 am    Post subject:

Lucky for us that Luke wont make that decision. The front office will do what's best for the franchise as always. I think they go with whoever they think will be the better player down the road, regardless of the offense. You go for the home run and don't look back.

I don't think they can go wrong with either player, should they have that choice. I do think Simmons will blow them away in workouts though, besides the whole shooting part. Hopefully they think his shot can be saved, because he will need that to reach his potential.
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 5:10 am    Post subject:

If the lakers take simmons you can pretty much bank on the fact the lakers will move randle so fit won't be a problem.

If the lakers are fortunate enough to get the 1st pick I think it would be hard to pass on Simmons, talent, personality, and already has a relationship with our number 2 pick.

In terms of fit and talent with out moving any of our young guys I think Ingram is the guy no question.

Either would be a great pick for the lakers, even if we don't get either and get the 3rd pick I'd still be happy with that
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 5:14 am    Post subject:

Ingram. Very little separation but still Ingram.

But would not be disappointed with Simmons if it worked out that way.

This off-season is intriguing with all the options available and seeing how the FO envisions the team going forward and builds the roster. Changes are coming this summer. Only time will tell just how good or bad the decisions will be.
lakerhaterhater
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 5:46 am    Post subject:

av3773 wrote:
If the lakers take simmons you can pretty much bank on the fact the lakers will move randle so fit won't be a problem.

If the lakers are fortunate enough to get the 1st pick I think it would be hard to pass on Simmons, talent, personality, and already has a relationship with our number 2 pick.

In terms of fit and talent with out moving any of our young guys I think Ingram is the guy no question.

Either would be a great pick for the lakers, even if we don't get either and get the 3rd pick I'd still be happy with that
Tell me about it! I'm down for whatever, just don't want our hubris to come back and haunt us. Truth be told, I will not be happy if things don't work out
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 5:56 am    Post subject:

With all the bickering going on in the free agency thread, I wouldn't be surprised if we lose our pick. There's just too much vitriol for the young guys. If we do get the #1 or #2, it will just be seen as a trade piece rather than something the organization can build with.

To me, Simmons is too good of a prospect to pass up on. I feel like has the greatest chance to be our next generational player.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 6:13 am    Post subject:

av3773 wrote:

I have seen the comment that if Simmons is drafted then Randle is traded. Why?

Why not keep Randle even if it meant he comes off the bench. Having some talent stacked at PF is not a bad thing at all. Simmons, Randle and Nance position flexibility and quality is not a bad thing IMO. Depending on the roster and lineup combos on the floor I could envision playing time from SF to C for every one of them.

I understand if the right trade is there the Lakers make it. But that applies to just about every player currently on the roster IMO. I would prefer the Lakers see how he improves before seeking a trade based on the promise of a questionable rookie.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 6:18 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
av3773 wrote:

Why not keep Randle even if it meant he comes off the bench. Having some talent stacked at PF is not a bad thing at all. Simmons, Randle and Nance position flexibility and quality is not a bad thing IMO. Depending on the roster and lineup combos on the floor I could envision playing time from SF to C for every one of them.

I understand if the right trade is there the Lakers make it. But that applies to just about every player currently on the roster IMO. I would prefer the Lakers see how he improves before seeking a trade based on the promise of a questionable rookie.

Can Simmons play small-ball Center? If so, you could play Simmons at both the 4 and 5 off the bench.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 6:31 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
av3773 wrote:

Can Simmons play small-ball Center? If so, you could play Simmons at both the 4 and 5 off the bench.

I think Simmons will be able to at times play 3, 4, 5 and some 1. If he can get that jumpshot down, the sky is the limit.
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 6:36 am    Post subject:

Simmons is the obvious choice in a space and pace style of offense. I also believe that Simmons and Randle will find it hard to co-exist in an offense predicated on ball movement; BUT I will say this, it looks like Randle might be more versatile than some believe and could alter his game for the benefit of the team for the right coach and system...

With Simmons you have a player with greater upside who can play multiple positions and put teams at a disadvantage defensively with his size and skill set. People have to know that he dialed back his game in college and if you don't you don't follow these kids enough! He's a player and works hard at refining his game. He's the obvious choice!

I truly think Philly takes Ingram @ #1 if they get it simply because he would round them out better. They currently have 3 legit Centers on their team and one who is a certified 4 Man in Noel. They need a PG and a Small Forward, so it's possible they trade one of those players to get what they need.

That would leave Simmons for the Lakers if we get #2, which makes all the sense in the world...

Russell/Clarkson
Free Agent TBD
Free Agent TBD
Randle
Simmons

I truly believe Durant is a Stretch, but overall I would settle for Harrison Barnes and Demar DeRozan as our wing players. Barnes at the 3 and DeRozan at the 2. The only thing is we need a PROVEN VET ALL STAR and KD would be perfect, someone to take the helm and run the team. If not we're looking at 2 years time before we actually become a threat maybe sooner..

Simmons is NBA ready especially with the right pieces surrounding him and he's played with Russell before in HS so they have chemistry. If we get certifiable All Stars at the Wing Positions, Randle can handle the heavy lifting down low and take some pressure off of Simmons in his rookie year while the wings run the scoreboard.
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 6:43 am    Post subject:

I think a lot of folks like myself believe this is likely because versatility aside we'd have 3 young players who's natural and realistically best position is the 4, Randle, Nance and Simmons if that were to happen. That's 3 deep at one position who are all very young players

Beyond the that the lakers have a lot of holes to still fill, so it would seem to make more sense to trade one of those 3 away since we have enough talent there even keeping 2 out of the 3 at that position. If the lakers feel Simmons has the highest ceiling the player who is likely to get the most in return is randle, not to mention Nance has shown himself to be a really good role player and I don't think he'd have a problem coming off the bench. That's why I think Randle would be moved if we got simmons. Obviously they wouldn't trade him for peanuts and if that's what they were offered as folks have said they would try to figure it out, but I don't think you would get peanuts if randle was a center piece of the trade, I think at the very least you get a solid young prospect in return at a position of need, SF, C etc.

Me personally I am more inclined to see how Randle develops and he brings some things to the lakers I really like, so my personal draft favorite is Ingram. Keep the whole group together as you don't have an over redundancy of youth at one position, plus I just like the skills that he would bring to this particular young group. I think Randle can/does bring much of what simmons does even if he is not at an elite level prospect on some of those things. Randle has already shown he is a beast on the boards, if he can add to his overall game I don't see why he won't be a very solid NBA player

av3773 wrote:

Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 6:58 am    Post subject:

If it's by fit, Ingram.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 7:36 am    Post subject:

It really doesn't matter.
Troublesome626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 7:37 am    Post subject:

Ingram
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65  Next
Page 1 of 65
Jump to: