If Kyle Lowry played like this in 2009 we would have lost

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 5:46 pm    Post subject: If Kyle Lowry played like this in 2009 we would have lost

lowry just dominated on both ends of the floor in today's game 7. Thank god he flopped against us 7 years ago because if he and Aaron brooks had that connection we would have lost
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: If Kyle Lowry played like this in 2009 we would have lost

999 wrote:
lowry just dominated on both ends of the floor in today's game 7. Thank god he flopped against us 7 years ago because if he and Aaron brooks had that connection we would have lost

Lakers for some reason in that series did not give their all on the road after game 3. I think they thought Houston would eventually lay down. But they didnt. And Lakers destroyed them in game 5 and 7. It was a blessing because Denver should have beat us in game 3 but Kobe went God Mode and saved them with the late 3 which was the birth of the under bite scowl. And they stayed with it until Game 5 in the 4th when LO dunked over Birdman and ended their hopes and than Kobe stuck the dagger in Game 6 in Denver.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 6:09 am    Post subject:

Well, Lowry had been MIA for long stretches in the playoffs this year too. He's played well though when it mattered, but as he ages (30 already) not sure how well he will play once he loses some of that quickness. He's pretty small to begin with.
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 6:44 am    Post subject:

From a production standpoint, I think Lowry has already maximized his potential in Toronto. I don't think anyone anticipated he was capable of playing at his R/S level this year, much less capable of leading a franchise to 56 wins. And he's yet another All Star who often cannot seem to score very efficiently, but he's probably been much more than the Raptors were hoping for upon acquiring him (after that first season dip / struggle).

The matchup with Kyrie Irving should be interesting ...
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 4:27 pm    Post subject:

Who cares about Lowry. If Yao didn't get hurt the Lakers would've lost in '09. Dude seriously looked like Shaq out there. Well I mean his game. Not his tummy.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 4:41 pm    Post subject:

You can run with such hypothetical situations all day long... if X player played their very best basketball for 7 games straight then Y team would have lost that series.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 6:00 pm    Post subject:

i thought that entire series was really weird. i think most thought it was going to be an easy series.
PurpleAndGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 10:39 pm    Post subject:

If my aunt was a man she'd be my uncle
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: