LAL/IND trade idea?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you trade Lou Williams + #3 pick for CJ Miles, Myles Turner, and a Cap filler?
Yes
42%
 42%  [ 14 ]
No
57%
 57%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 33

70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:56 am    Post subject:

I have to think the Lakers would choose to risk a chance for a better prospect in the draft than accept the combined (mediocre) value of two second string players, CJ Miles and Turner. That's the type of trade that the Lakers used to foist on other clubs to get a special pick.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:27 am    Post subject:

70sdude wrote:
I have to think the Lakers would choose to risk a chance for a better prospect in the draft than accept the combined (mediocre) value of two second string players, CJ Miles and Turner. That's the type of trade that the Lakers used to foist on other clubs to get a special pick.

?? Turner is a highly valued rookie.

If he showed in the draft last year what he's showing now, he goes top 5 no question
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MIZ83
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:44 am    Post subject:

indy_dave000 wrote:
Don't worry the Pacers are not trading the 19 year old Myles Turner who after coming back after missing 20 games is starting to produce big numbers.

If you watched tonight's game vs the Warriors he had 31 points, 8 boards and 2 blocks. On the 3 game road trip he has scored 71 points on 30 of 41 fga only 5 have been dunks he has very good range and quickness. He has also grabbed 20 rebounds and blocked 8 shots in those 3 games. He has done this playing 29 minutes a night off the bench.

Turner is already producing as an NBA Center/Power Forward

As far as I'm concerned you can have C J Miles but I want no part of Nick Young , I already prefer our Young Joe better. Nor do I want Lou Williams he is pretty much a lesser Monta Ellis clone.

In addition the Pacers will have cap space after the season to go after a pretty good free agent, they'll only have 56 mil in salary after the season.

The GSW's game was my first time seeing Turner. That was an impressive performance from a rookie. I kept thinking what he might be like in another couple of years. I agree. I can't imagine that the Pacers would trade him and hope another rookie transitions to the league that well.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:04 pm    Post subject:

No.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:13 pm    Post subject:

That clutch 3!!

Yes I would trade a #1 overall pick for him
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
indy_dave000
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:46 pm    Post subject:

After playing just 15 minutes per game, playing only 18 of the 1st 40 games due to a fractured thumb in which time he averaged 5.9 ppg and 3.4rpg, Myles started getting consistent minutes in game #41.

In the 16 games since then Myles is starting to get accustom to the NBA playing almost 30 minutes a night during those 16 games. He been producing averaging 15.3 points, 7 boards a night and 2.4 blocks, he has shot 55% from the field during that time.

Since the All Star break 3 games , the Pacer have started looking to him more late in games. In those 3 games 20 of his 44 points have come in the 4th quarters.

He has teamed with Ian Mahunmi in the starting line to improve the Pacers interior defense in his 11 starts. He will turn 20 in March baring injury his future looks very bright.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:34 am    Post subject:

indy_dave000 wrote:
After playing just 15 minutes per game, playing only 18 of the 1st 40 games due to a fractured thumb in which time he averaged 5.9 ppg and 3.4rpg, Myles started getting consistent minutes in game #41.

In the 16 games since then Myles is starting to get accustom to the NBA playing almost 30 minutes a night during those 16 games. He been producing averaging 15.3 points, 7 boards a night and 2.4 blocks, he has shot 55% from the field during that time.

Since the All Star break 3 games , the Pacer have started looking to him more late in games. In those 3 games 20 of his 44 points have come in the 4th quarters.

He has teamed with Ian Mahunmi in the starting line to improve the Pacers interior defense in his 11 starts. He will turn 20 in March baring injury his future looks very bright.

Might I interest you in a SF/PF from LSU named Ben Simmons?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 9:17 am    Post subject:

#1 + #32 for Turner + #20 + bad K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 9:43 am    Post subject:

I asked on a Pacer's forum if they would take #2 for Turner and everyone said no sad day lol
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 10:52 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
I asked on a Pacer's forum if they would take #2 for Turner and everyone said no sad day lol

Stop worrying about OPP (um, other people's players... ).
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:58 pm    Post subject:

my boy Myles was in AP classes in high school! Knew this boy was smart.

Come over when your rookie deal is up Mayne!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: