OFFICIAL Lakers 2016 NBA Draft Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 704, 705, 706 ... 1138, 1139, 1140  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 6:02 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Sixers fans are delusional. They're actually wondering if they can trade us Okafor for the #2 pick. Also, a caller on one of their radio shows asked if they would trade Okafor for Devin Booker, the 4th pick and the 12th pick, and they said no.

All fans overrate their players. Just look around LG .
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 6:03 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
Sixers fans are delusional. They're actually wondering if they can trade us Okafor for the #2 pick. Also, a caller on one of their radio shows asked if they would trade Okafor for Devin Booker, the 4th pick and the 12th pick, and they said no.

Sounds like the way LG fans are with JC or JR :)
Or how some are with Porzingis.

What about him?
Just stating that some fans are the same with Porzingis.
KobeShaqalliance
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 6:03 pm    Post subject:

I know there were a couple Malik Pope fans here hoping he would get picked at 32 or if the lakers could get another second rounder. He is going back to school. https://mobile.twitter.com/GoodmanESPN/status/734918378935177220?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 6:07 pm    Post subject:

Is there really a need to use the 32 draft pick when the roster is practically young and will get younger with the addition of Simmons or Ingram? I would think whoever we get at 32 is gonna get stash in Europe or the D league for a couple of years.
KobeShaqalliance
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 6:12 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Is there really a need to use the 32 draft pick when the roster is practically young and will get younger with the addition of Simmons or Ingram? I would think whoever we get at 32 is gonna get stash in Europe or the D league for a couple of years.

The lakers could very well do that or package the pick to get rid of Nick Young. Still there is talent to be had at 32. Diamond Stone or Patrick McCaw have potential.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 6:23 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

Sounds like the way LG fans are with JC or JR
Or how some are with Porzingis.

What about him?
Just stating that some fans are the same with Porzingis.

You're not lying.
Raijin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 6:29 pm    Post subject:

soonerboy824 wrote:
this is the top of my board
1)hield-has kobe/wade mentality
2)murray-more talented than buddy but not quite the mentality
3)ingram-very good all around player

4)everyone else

I hope you don't delete this or backtrack like some on this board. It's good that you think for yourself, but I vehemently disagree.
soonerboy824
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 6:36 pm    Post subject:

Raijin wrote:
soonerboy824 wrote:

4)everyone else

I hope you don't delete this or backtrack like some on this board. It's good that you think for yourself, but I vehemently disagree.

i wont take it back haha..i didnt take back having cj mccollum 2 on my board when he looked like crap his first 2 years
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 6:49 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't doubt it. Lakers need to give all top prospects a look, even if it's only to see if they'd be comfortable trading down for another asset.
lakerfanaticPT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 6:55 pm    Post subject:

Would love to pick Qi at 32. Resembles Porzingis to me. Could stash him for a year or so until he gets a little heavier. Has all the tools, just really thin.
Raijin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 6:57 pm    Post subject:

soonerboy824 wrote:
Raijin wrote:
soonerboy824 wrote:

4)everyone else

i wont take it back haha..i didnt take back having cj mccollum 2 on my board when he looked like crap his first 2 years

Well not cool to essentially call someone out without putting your own opinion up so here's mine
1)Ingram
2)Simmons
3)Dunn
4)Hield
5)Maker
6)Chriss
I really need to do some research to find some of the gems later on in the draft.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 7:41 pm    Post subject:

Question:

If Simmons is picked 1st and the Kings offered us WCS and their pick for our 2nd pick would you take that deal?
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 7:42 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Question:

If Simmons is picked 1st and the Kings offered us WCS and their pick for our 2nd pick would you take that deal?

Not if Bismack Biyombo is coming.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 7:45 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Question:

No, you don't deal a 5 karat diamond for a couple of one karats. If the Lakers believe Ingram can be a star or superstar you take him.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 8:03 pm    Post subject:

Freddie Buckets wrote:
defense wrote:
We get Ingram we win

We get Simmons we win

drink it in!

Exactly. It's not like the front office has a choice in the matter. Just pick the Sixers don't take.

I think they will both be very good players.

Yeah, I think my reaction draft night will be "we didn't get that guy but we got this guy". No complaints.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 8:18 pm    Post subject:

Lakers Could Select Dragan Bender With Second Overall Draft Pick

Quote:
“One is always better than two. If you’re one, you can get anybody you want; if you’re two, you can get anybody you want — minus one. I’m not sure there’s as dramatic a cliff as people think between two and three. Any way you look at it, we feel we’ll get an excellent player at two.”

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-could-select-dragan-bender-with-second-overall-draft-pick/2016/05/23/

Quote:
We need a big. Jordan [Clarkson] is a free agent and we'd like to sign him. D'Angelo [Russell], we're very high on, and we have Lou Williams. I think we're more set in the backcourt than the frontcourt. Two days after the Lottery, that's where we are. In six weeks, we'll see.
– Los Angeles Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak

http://www.nba.com/2016/news/features/david_aldridge/05/23/morning-tip-full-column-teams-that-could-shape-2016-draft-challenges-of-nba-coaching-jobs-qa-with-draymond-green-golden-state-warriors/index.html
LakerLuke
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 8:23 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:

Quote:
“One is always better than two. If you’re one, you can get anybody you want; if you’re two, you can get anybody you want — minus one. I’m not sure there’s as dramatic a cliff as people think between two and three. Any way you look at it, we feel we’ll get an excellent player at two.”

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-could-select-dragan-bender-with-second-overall-draft-pick/2016/05/23/

Quote:
We need a big. Jordan [Clarkson] is a free agent and we'd like to sign him. D'Angelo [Russell], we're very high on, and we have Lou Williams. I think we're more set in the backcourt than the frontcourt. Two days after the Lottery, that's where we are. In six weeks, we'll see.

http://www.nba.com/2016/news/features/david_aldridge/05/23/morning-tip-full-column-teams-that-could-shape-2016-draft-challenges-of-nba-coaching-jobs-qa-with-draymond-green-golden-state-warriors/index.html

Sign Pau, draft Bender to learn from the master. I like it.
rockyp
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 8:24 pm    Post subject:

Chauncey B-B-B-Billups on Simmons and Ingram. Compares Simmons to Odom and not Lebron. Prefers Ingram over Simmons.

jmahoney1979
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 8:27 pm    Post subject:

So I have a crazy idea. What if Mitch trades the #2 pick for all of the Celtics picks. He could still draft Buddy Heald, Taurean Prince and Thin Maker.

You would have a guy that might eventually be able to shoot like Steph, and a 3 and a 5 that can shoot and play D.

It's probably stupid to pass on Simmons or Ingram, but an offer like that would be hard to pass up.
Timbuktu
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 8:27 pm    Post subject:

Do people think this kid can't get better or something?

sleeping on him is an error
tom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 8:28 pm    Post subject:

LakerLuke wrote:
saetarubia wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Sign Pau, draft Bender to learn from the master. I like it.

not likely. chad ford falls in love with every euro. bender is below Ingram.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 8:31 pm    Post subject:

jmahoney1979 wrote:
So I have a crazy idea. What if Mitch trades the #2 pick for all of the Celtics picks. He could still draft Buddy Heald, Taurean Prince and Thin Maker.

You would have a guy that might eventually be able to shoot like Steph, and a 3 and a 5 that can shoot and play D.

It's probably stupid to pass on Simmons or Ingram, but an offer like that would be hard to pass up.

"During one of those meetings, Dr. Buss said, 'Kobe, if I had a diamond of great value, four or five carats, would I give up that diamond for four diamonds of one carat?"
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 8:32 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
It is looking more and more like Philly will take Simmons and Ingram will be on the board at #2.

I am of the mind that you don't overthink it and just take Ingram. I thought they reached last year, just take the Best Player Available this year and that is Ingram (I think) or maybe Simmons if I am wrong about Philly.

I don't want Mitch to try and get cute with the pick and the "veteran trade deal" scares me because I fear he is targeting a Carmelo or Wade more than a George or someone like that.

There is no reason to believe the Lakers would do that.

Lanny is really down on Mitch these days and won't give up until Mitch proves him right.

Of course, if Mitch really does try to trade our #2 pick for Melo, I'd be right behind Lanny in the march to El Segundo to burn Mitch at the stake.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 8:33 pm    Post subject:

jmahoney1979 wrote:

OMG the legend of THIN MAKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this the ultimate weight loss drug?
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 8:46 pm    Post subject:

jmahoney1979 wrote:

Would Celtics do this trade if they have #2? I doubt it
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 704, 705, 706 ... 1138, 1139, 1140  Next
Page 705 of 1140
Jump to: