Official Jordan Clarkson Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 377, 378, 379 ... 683, 684, 685  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 7:48 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
You can't teach work ethic. You either have it or you don't. Clarkson has it and its a big reason he's going to have a great career.

According to some here his Max is a 6th man on a championship team.
Only on LG. Clarkson has star potential.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 7:50 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
You can't teach work ethic. You either have it or you don't. Clarkson has it and its a big reason he's going to have a great career.

And this sentiment is only on LG too.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 7:50 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Only on LG? Just because others don't share your utter infatuation with Clarkson doesn't mean there is something wrong with the posters here. No need to criticize this forum just because you are a Clarkson super fan. If you want to hear real criticism of Clarkson, try going to another team's forum.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 7:54 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

I predict his career trajectory will be similar to Demar Derozan at best. Naturally, you'll take that as an insult, but it isn't, considering that means he may even make a couple All-Star games.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 7:55 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Only on LG? Just because others don't share your utter infatuation with Clarkson doesn't mean there is something wrong with the posters here. No need to criticize this forum just because you are a Clarkson super fan. If you want to hear real criticism of Clarkson, try going to another team's forum.
I'm a fan of the Lakers not one particular player. I hear criticism of all the players, but Clarkson name is always involved in trades even though he's a RFA.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 7:56 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I don't see a team offering a max deal to JC.

Most teams realize that JC is an asset to the Lakers that would be matched under the Arenas provision.

i don't know man, it's like Barnes, some team will gamble (maybe even us). JC is an even cheaper gamble

And he's a less proven player who hasn't played in the playoffs. Plus Barnes is a traditional RFA and if the Warriors get KD, may actually be attainable (though if we draft Ingram I don't see why we break the bank for a SF).

I think Ingram will be able to play anywhere between 2 and 4 once he reaches his prime. I think the Lakers should go after the best wing (2 or 3) and be willing to pay a lot for it whether its Batum, Barnes, Derozan etc. All 3 of those guys would be fine playing next to Ingram. I actually see the 2 as the spot Ingram will be best fit to defend next year. He moves and plays like a guard but happens to be 6'10.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 7:58 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

I predict his career trajectory will be similar to Demar Derozan at best. Naturally, you'll take that as an insult, but it isn't, considering that means he may even make a couple All-Star games.:lol:
DeRozan with 3pt range would be a great career for Clarkson. Although, I believe Clarkson's IQ is much higher. He doesn't settle for long contested mid range shots over again like DeRozan.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 8:03 am    Post subject:

15 wrote:
What are u guys expecting JC to get in terms of next contract? Perhaps lakers will only offer him the max he can get from other teams? I think it is like 5mil for first 2 years and like 20+ for last 2 years. I'm hoping we can get him for a smooth 10/mil year for 5 years. Is that possible?
$12m a year on the open market.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 8:04 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

I'm a fan of the Lakers not one particular player. I hear criticism of all the players, but Clarkson name is always involved in trades even though he's a RFA.

So? Just means those people have a different opinion of him then you do. No reason to criticize them, or this forum, for it. Unlike many non-Laker fans on other websites, at least they recognize he has value as an asset. The fact that it bothers you is evidence in and of itself of how pro-Clarkson you are... which is fine. Be a super fan. That's your right. Just don't cross the line by criticizing people or this forum for not valuing Clarkson the same way you do.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 8:09 am    Post subject:

None of our young guys are untouchable level. They will be talked in trade scenario discussion... it is an internet Lakers forum!!!

I think the reason JC is the most talked in trade scenario is because he is the oldest out of the 3 (nance excluded) and we've had 2 yrs to evaluate him. Doesn't mean I don't like JC
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 8:35 am    Post subject:

His handles look shaky as hell in that vid, what's going on with him?
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 8:52 am    Post subject:

I don't understand all the fascination with Clarkson. I'm not really a fan.

If he works hard, he might become a very poor man's version of JR Smith. Fortunately for him, in the new NBA it's not expected for guards to play defense anymore. As long as he can run and jump, Clarkson will find a home. It just won't be as a Laker.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 9:33 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

To be fair, other team fan bases are huge fans of Clarkson. In nearly every QFTOS we had the fans said they wanted to get Clarkson in the offseason
Deathstroke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 9:36 am    Post subject:

Clarkson is a guy like Jamal Crawford. I don't see what's wrong with being a 6th man of the year on a good team. Not everyone is destined for stardom. Putting up 18-4-4 on efficient fg % with low turnovers is where I see Clarkson being at which is damn good.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 12:55 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

And this sentiment is only on LG too.

I wish Dave20 is right about JC and Yinomona 2001 about Dlo
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 5:47 pm    Post subject:

Jordan Clarkson interview

waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 7:47 am    Post subject:

Clarkson has the potential to become a very good player - this year we should see how he does without Scott as coach, and so much deference to Kobe.

For Clarkson to rise to the next level, he needs to put more work into his defense. Will be fun watching how he develops in Luke's Warrior offense.
Rek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 8:07 am    Post subject:

It's a shame that we don't have JC under contract for one more year so that we could see how he performs under the direction of Luke as well as playing with the adjusted roster this coming season. I think he shows a lot of promise. But, with all of the fallout from having Scott as the coach during his first 2 seasons, it's difficult to understand how good he actually is and what level of potential he is expected to realize.

The comparison to Jamal Crawford seems relatively accurate - assuming his 3ball becomes more consistent. But, I hope he is a far better defender than Crawford going forward.
rybee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 11:15 am    Post subject:

http://www.twcsportsnet.com/lakers/videos/20160525/jordan-clarkson-on-his-status-as-restricted-free-agent

JC looks like he's been making some gains.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 11:20 am    Post subject:

Rek wrote:
It's a shame that we don't have JC under contract for one more year so that we could see how he performs under the direction of Luke as well as playing with the adjusted roster this coming season. I think he shows a lot of promise. But, with all of the fallout from having Scott as the coach during his first 2 seasons, it's difficult to understand how good he actually is and what level of potential he is expected to realize.

The comparison to Jamal Crawford seems relatively accurate - assuming his 3ball becomes more consistent. But, I hope he is a far better defender than Crawford going forward.

JC won't cost us that much to re-sign, not enough to affect our cap space.
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 12:14 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Why is this such a bad thing? Here are some notable 6th men on championship contenders:

Manu Ginobili
Lamar Odom
Kevin McHale
Bill Walton

Are we undervaluing Clarkson?

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 12:18 pm    Post subject:

No one would want Clarkson to be a star more than me, but he isn't. I do not know how else to explain it.
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 12:19 pm    Post subject:

I like clarkson on this squad, has a bit of chip on his shoulder, seems to get along with all the players. I actually feel on this board his name doesn't come up much in regards to trade. Out of our young guys I think Randle is the one most people talk about potentially moving. One of things I like about JC is how his game meshes with D lo, he attacks in a totally different way than d lo so it really gives our attack from the guard spot some different looks and I like that the two of them can switch between the guard spots.

I think if we get Ingram all the young pieces stay in place and the FO gives Luke a chance to see what he could do with them
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 12:22 pm    Post subject:

av3773 wrote:
I like clarkson on this squad, has a bit of chip on his shoulder, seems to get along with all the players. I actually feel on this board his name doesn't come up much in regards to trade. Out of our young guys I think Randle is the one most people talk about potentially moving. One of things I like about JC is how his game meshes with D lo, he attacks in a totally different way than d lo so it really gives our attack from the guard spot some different looks and I like that the two of them can switch between the guard spots.

I think if we get Ingram all the young pieces stay in place and the FO gives Luke a chance to see what he could do with them

Yes, Clarkson and Dlo together give you a lot of options with their respective skill sets.

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 1:29 pm    Post subject:

av3773 wrote:

Their games mesh offensively. Defensively they are a terrible duo.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 377, 378, 379 ... 683, 684, 685  Next
Page 378 of 685
Jump to: