Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 3:05 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:

It's a dumb risk to take.

You have to believe the pedophile when they say they've never actually molested a child. It may be true, but you're basing it off trusting someone's word.

Why take that increased risk?

If it goes bad, can you take solace in saying, "Well, according to the analytics on this pedophile, chances were that he would not have acted on his admitted strong impulses."

But I suppose this thread is proof that normalization of pedophiles is already starting to take place in society.

It's crazy. It's sickening. The people afflicted with it are afflicted with a high risk disease that can hurt others. It really sucks for them, but that doesn't mean that it's something that should be treated lightly.

Nobody treats pedo's lightly. Some approach it as one of societies evident evils and seek to mitigate it's repulsiveness in a manner that allows for the fewest number of victims. Unfortunately history is littered with societies attempts to sweep evils under the carpet instead of dealing with them head on - and with catastrophic consequences. We tried this 'Ostrich Head in the Sand' approach with the Catholic Priest fiasco and as a result of the refusal of society to deal with it head on in an adult manner, countless children were needlessly harmed in the process.

It's better that pedo's be dealt with in the light of day. All shaming them does is keep them hiding in the darkness, and decreases the chances of the responsible amongst them ever obtaining the help they direly need to keep them in the ranks of "Non Offenders" as opposed to joining the ranks of "Offenders". Sadly, far too many preference shaming these deviants as opposed to helping them, and this has the net effect of causing more children to be harmed than if we adultly and intelligently sought to HELP these folks receive treatment. You can't erase peoples thoughts and impulses, but you can help them to remain in the non-offender class as opposed to the offender class.

It all boils down to whether one desires fewer children to be harmed, or more. An intelligent person realises that such evil can't be simply "wished away". In the scenario described, you have 2 people who are at polar opposites of the spectrum. One who clearly is capable, and desirous, of controlling their destructive impulses vs the other who is clearly incapable of controlling theirs. On person that has clearly proven they are a real threat to society vs another that has clearly proven not to be a threat.

Unfortunately far too many in society are more concerned with shaming than they are with solving the problems of society. Too many take the childs approach of saying "ewe cooties". Sadly, that not only fails to solve anything. It actually exacerbates the problem because it keeps it in the dark instead of in the light of day where something can be done about it. If you tell an alcoholic to not bother trying to get help, don't got meetings, don't admit to your weakness - then he's much more likely to continue his destructive behaviour than if you try to support his seeking help. Astonishingly though, that's the message society sends to pedos. We try to convince them to not admit their problem, to not seek help lest we revile them, to not takes steps to control their impulses. That's simply not a smart approach...
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 3:17 pm    Post subject:

Sins against children are heinous.

Hopefully those in Hollywood who prey on children will be brought to justice.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 3:33 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
Well it appears he's backtracking now.. someone must've gotten to him.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/elijah-wood-denies-personal-knowledge-896754

Or he realized that his speculation was taken and spun and wanted to clarify.

There's no doubt that there has likely been some sexual abuse in Hollywood, but that would make it like anything else where adults are in close contact with kids.

I'm sure there probably have been instances of known abuses/abusers being swept under the rug for a variety of reasons.

But the assertion that there is a long running, industry-wide practice of widespread systemic sexual abuse of kids that is numbering hundreds of individuals is pretty preposterous. Even if it may have been possible for that climate to exist many decades ago, the idea that in this day and age, such a thing could occur to such an extent without it coming to bare is extremely hard to believe.

I think Wood got wrapped up in the speculation and rumor and said things that he nows feels should have been clarified. I highly doubt some clandestine hand reached out to silence him.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 4:09 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/elijah-wood-denies-personal-knowledge-896754

There's no doubt that there has likely been some sexual abuse in Hollywood, but that would make it like anything else where adults are in close contact with kids.

I'm sure there probably have been instances of known abuses/abusers being swept under the rug for a variety of reasons.

But the assertion that there is a long running, industry-wide practice of widespread systemic sexual abuse of kids that is numbering hundreds of individuals is pretty preposterous. Even if it may have been possible for that climate to exist many decades ago, the idea that in this day and age, such a thing could occur to such an extent without it coming to bare is extremely hard to believe.

I think Wood got wrapped up in the speculation and rumor and said things that he nows feels should have been clarified. I highly doubt some clandestine hand reached out to silence him.

Ever watched "An Open Secret?"

I don't know why this seems so hard to believe they have a lot of sex offenders working in Hollywood and child actors seem to go off the rails when they become adults(well quite a few)

They can't all be crazy....

I'm sure many didn't think Penn State covered up molesting little boys either...
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 4:12 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

Ever watched "An Open Secret?"

I don't know why this seems so hard to believe they have a lot of sex offenders working in Hollywood and child actors seem to go off the rails when they become adults(well quite a few)

They can't all be crazy....

I'm sure many didn't think Penn State covered up molesting little boys either...

Did you actually read my post?
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 8:27 pm    Post subject:

Not saying it excuses it. But pedophilia doesn't seem like a lifestyle choice either.
shnxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 8:39 pm    Post subject:

1hu2ren3dui4 wrote:
Not saying it excuses it. But pedophilia doesn't seem like a lifestyle choice either.

All human behaviors, including those of serial killers, rapists, violent killers, etc, are controlled by genetics to some extent.

Regardless of whether they are choice or not, we have a duty to prosecute these monsters.
shnxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 8:41 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
shnxx wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
Reflexx wrote:

I think we're already getting there.

I mean, look at this thread. A decade ago it would be filled with outrage about how disgusting such thoughts are. Now it's... well... it's not their fault.

And that may very well be a legitimate argument. Such mental deviancy might be something they are born with. They're wired differently, through no fault of their own. But it's still disgusting, and their human brains are very aware that it's not acceptable. So many go through life learning to deal with it, and not put themselves in situations where their deviant thoughts are put under temptation.

But the more relaxed society gets, the less likely I think some of these people will take their problems as seriously.

You do realise that for the majority of this countries history, views on the Age of Consent for sex were more relaxed than they are today. It's been less than 100 years that 12- 14 years old was considered acceptable. Historically, men having desires for children has been considered the "norm". So the prevalence of these types of thoughts aren't anything new. What's changed is societal acceptance. That's why we've criminalised behaviour, because we've long accepted that the thoughts themselves reside in a great many. As a habitual animal, it'll take a good many centuries to breed the thoughts out of the species since they've been there for the overwhelming majority of human existence. That's thousands of years of habituation that needs to be bred out. It certainly isn't going to happen in what's been less than 100 years in this country,and is still acceptable to this day in many other countries.

That said, the known threat that many Dad's would kill someone who dared touch their "too young" daughter will serve as a credible deterrent for most who've yet to have the thoughts bred out of them.

In all honesty, I think you'll find a vastly different reaction from society on how they view finding a 14 yr old attractive if they've already gone through puberty, and finding a prepubescent kid attractive.

If someone is attracted to the adult male or female form, and someone underage happens to have those features, it's understandable to think they're attractive. But the danger isn't big because there are a ton of real adults that someone could go to instead once they find out the object of their attraction is underage.

When someone is attracted to children that do not possess post-puberty qualities is when there's a bigger problem. It's deviant. It's gross. It's unacceptable.

Does someone having that through process built into them make them bad? No. Acting on it makes them bad. But if they know they have that predilection, then it is their job to remove themselves from situations where they are more at risk. It's irresponsible and immoral otherwise.

So if a person who lusts for children decides to take on babysitting on a regular basis, that's bad and playing with fire.

Aussiesuede is a self-admitted Marxist so keep that in mind before engaging in debate over the finer points of pedophilia.

Ahem, you've confused me with another poster who just last week classified himself as a Marxist. I'm a realist, and as one can clearly understand that human instincts that have existed and refined themselves over thousands of years aren't just "wished away" in a single generation. Heck, we're speaking about a culture that prefers it's women to try to emulate the body type of 10 year old boys. Speaks volumes as to the latent tendencies of a fair number of the American male population.

OMG my bad. lol.
My sincerest apologies!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: