Official 2016 NBA Playoff Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 437, 438, 439 ... 1010, 1011, 1012  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 3:23 am    Post subject:

You really gotta give credit to OKC's defense they are absolutely smothering Curry. It's affecting him from getting in rhythm. I still believe the warriors can win but it won't surprise me one bit of they lose.
jjangx27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 3:33 am    Post subject:

xxsicrokerxx wrote:
You really gotta give credit to OKC's defense they are absolutely smothering Curry. It's affecting him from getting in rhythm. I still believe the warriors can win but it won't surprise me one bit of they lose.

Isn't it most likely that they'll lose? 3-1 hole, tough to get out of.

At this point I think it'd be...they'll probably lose, but it wouldn't really surprise you too much if they pulled it out and won
jjangx27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 3:39 am    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
jjangx27 wrote:
Oh and also....does it worry anyone that Luke is planning to instill a similar type of system as the Warriors and yet we're seeing perhaps the end of the Warriors era already?

Personally, doesn't bother me. Still would much rather prefer it to BScott's BS...but is it worrying anyone?

Nope. There are multiple ways to win a title. The GS system is just one of them. It produced one title and the best regular season record, I call that a success.

Also. Warriors era over? Seriously? Spurs never repeated and won 5 titles over what? 15 years? Won 3 in 5 years too, never repeated.

I agree, multiple ways to win a title...and yes I'd much prefer the Warriors' system to Scott's...but the way people are talking about how the Warriors weren't really tested last year and their chip was kind of a fluke...it'd make one think that they'd be hard pressed to win another title anytime soon, no?
jjangx27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 3:40 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
jjangx27 wrote:
Oh and also....does it worry anyone that Luke is planning to instill a similar type of system as the Warriors and yet we're seeing perhaps the end of the Warriors era already?

Personally, doesn't bother me. Still would much rather prefer it to BScott's BS...but is it worrying anyone?

Luckily, Luke isn't a one trick pony. He has other offensive systems he has learned over the years.

Yes, really gives me hope that Luke is a smart guy and would be able to implement a unique system catered to the roster's strengths...he's definitely gonna be tested in LA
jjangx27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 3:43 am    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
kikanga wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
jjangx27 wrote:

This is no different when people said "The league figured out the Triangle" when we lost in 2004, c'mon now.

Our roster won't beat OKC in a playoffs series anytime soon. And it doesn't matter what offense we run. The talent disparity is too great.
We probably won't be in the playoffs next year anyways.

But the ball and player movement GS's system has will help all our players.

Of course. We should be more concerned about putting a team on the floor that isnt a (bleep) 90's throwback.

This i definitely agree with, and our offense and team as a whole will be so much better next year just from the coaching.

But as far as winning the title goes...I don't know, I guess OKC is kinda showing how length and strength still is the name of the game.

I don't know...just seems like people here are singing a completely different tune than maybe just a week ago, when nearly everyone was gushing over GS, Kerr, Draymond Green, etc. etc....and now...seems like everyone has quickly turned on them, especially Dray
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 3:48 am    Post subject:

GSW was #1 on both ends last year. They slipped defensively this year. You can't outscore quality teams scoring 125 every game. They need to get that tenacity back. I think they'll return to that in playoffs after good defensive performance against Spurs, but haven't seen that against Blazers nor OKC.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 4:03 am    Post subject:

Once again, as in any competitive sport, the playoffs have proven to be a completely different beast! 🐗
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 4:50 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
jjangx27 wrote:

Luckily, Luke isn't a one trick pony. He has other offensive systems he has learned over the years.

LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 4:53 am    Post subject:

silkwilkes wrote:
GS lucked out a bit last year when, after the first round, every team they faced lost their starting PG when they faced them.. namely Mike Conley with Grizzlies, Patrick Beverley of the Rockets and Kyrie Irving of the Cavs. Makes a huge difference. This time around, they're the ones who are banged up and you see what it does...

Agreed.
Variant
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 5:00 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
silkwilkes wrote:
GS lucked out a bit last year when, after the first round, every team they faced lost their starting PG when they faced them.. namely Mike Conley with Grizzlies, Patrick Beverley of the Rockets and Kyrie Irving of the Cavs. Makes a huge difference. This time around, they're the ones who are banged up and you see what it does...

Agreed.

And despite their own injury woes they've also had good luck this playoff run that may have actually done them a disservice in the mental toughness department.

Getting a dysfunctional Rockets team in the first round was a "blessing" and by managing to avoid what would presumably have been a tough matchup against a Clipper team with CP3 and Blake they also dodged a bullet. Though each matchup was made a bit more challenging due to Curry's issues, they just didn't get the punch in the gut from either opponent that they've had from the Thunder.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 5:06 am    Post subject:

Variant wrote:

And despite their own injury woes they've also had good luck this playoff run that may have actually done them a disservice in the mental toughness department.

Getting a dysfunctional Rockets team in the first round was a "blessing" and by managing to avoid what would presumably have been a tough matchup against a Clipper team with CP3 and Blake they also dodged a bullet. Though each matchup was made a bit more challenging due to Curry's issues, they just didn't get the punch in the gut from either opponent that they've had from the Thunder.

Looking forward to the Cavs getting punched in the gut hard by whoever comes out of the West.
Variant
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 5:12 am    Post subject:

Yeah, if the Warriors somehow dig out of this hole, they'll probably sweep the Cavs.

And if the Thunder keep playing like they are now, they easily could too... those boys are on a mission.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 5:15 am    Post subject:

In regards to Luke, this is great experience for him. I'm almost rooting for the warriors to even up the series as this would mean the coaching staff figured something out.

We would then get a coach that has been tested
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 6:16 am    Post subject:

Billy Donovan is the 2nd best coach in the NBA behind Pop.

Embarrassing Steve Kerr in the process.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 6:23 am    Post subject:

https://streamable.com/civk

Poor Klay.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 6:27 am    Post subject:

Klay showed up, that's for sure. He can't do it alone. It's the swarming defense and fast break transitions that are killing the Warriors.

I am loving this series.

I think Westbrook and Durant are a lethal combo. Playing great right now. The coaching and team chemistry is outstanding at this point.
SOLakerFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 6:38 am    Post subject:

I still believe GS is in this series. I see them coming out very aggressive in game 5. Wouldn't surprise me at all if OKC gets in foul trouble early. I can already envision Westbrook or Durant picking up 2 fouls in the first 3 minutes. I think game 5 looks like game 2.

The big question for GS will be if they can weather the game 6 storm. I say that it's a close game and if GS can make the clutch plays they force a game 7. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see a Tim Thomas type of shot happen in game 6 that propels the Warriors forward.

Once it gets to a game 7 anything can happen.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 6:46 am    Post subject:

jjangx27 wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
kikanga wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
jjangx27 wrote:

This is no different when people said "The league figured out the Triangle" when we lost in 2004, c'mon now.

Our roster won't beat OKC in a playoffs series anytime soon. And it doesn't matter what offense we run. The talent disparity is too great.

Of course. We should be more concerned about putting a team on the floor that isnt a (bleep) 90's throwback.

This i definitely agree with, and our offense and team as a whole will be so much better next year just from the coaching.

But as far as winning the title goes...I don't know, I guess OKC is kinda showing how length and strength still is the name of the game.

I don't know...just seems like people here are singing a completely different tune than maybe just a week ago, when nearly everyone was gushing over GS, Kerr, Draymond Green, etc. etc....and now...seems like everyone has quickly turned on them, especially Dray

Winning a title will not be in the cards for 5 maybe 6 years(and that's if things go well).Who knows how things will look then. That's not important now.

!...
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 6:48 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
32 wrote:
OKC is going to win it all this year. The stars are aligning.

I hope so. I really don't want to see Lebron beating them again!

I wouldn't count out GSW at all. I still feel when Steph is doing that video game, 35 foot jumper silliness, they can't be beat. All it takes is for him to string together 2 of those games and it's a game 7, at home in GSW. Not easy but I don't know, this boy has been on a magical ride all season, I don't see why it can't happen again.

They're stopping Curry from ever getting into a rhythm. Even Curry isn't jacking up 35 footers if he's 2-9 from 3 point line.

True.

http://imgur.com/tPraACl

That's a lot of fouling going on there lol.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 6:51 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
tox wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
32 wrote:

I wouldn't count out GSW at all. I still feel when Steph is doing that video game, 35 foot jumper silliness, they can't be beat. All it takes is for him to string together 2 of those games and it's a game 7, at home in GSW. Not easy but I don't know, this boy has been on a magical ride all season, I don't see why it can't happen again.

They're stopping Curry from ever getting into a rhythm. Even Curry isn't jacking up 35 footers if he's 2-9 from 3 point line.

True.

Meh, the (insert previous era here) was tougher

!...
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 6:52 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Billy Donovan is the 2nd best coach in the NBA behind Pop.

Embarrassing Steve Kerr in the process.

He comes off as a jackass to me, I don't know why. Though I do agree that Donovan has shown that he's great at adjustments. The question is: was Scott Brooks really that bad if he couldn't steer the Thunder to a title, or are Durant and Westbrook finally far enough into their primes to make coaching changes rather superfluous? I mean there are times this season where OKC looked exactly like Brooks OKC.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 6:52 am    Post subject:

jjangx27 wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
kikanga wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
jjangx27 wrote:

Draymond is sitll a top player in the league and arguably the best uber role player in the league. Pace and space is still very much relevant and post play is still (bleep). Draymond is still an unrepentant douche...it's just people on LG are finally catching on. NBA Reddit which is hands down the biggest aggregate NBA message board (probably on an order of at least 10x any out there) has been bashing Draymond's shenanigans all year. Not much has changed except they're facing a team that has 2 top 5 players...something no other team can emulate.

One takeaway from this series, is that some of the $$$ people are suggesting at throwing at GSW's 4th, 5th, 6th best players need to be taken with caution. Buyer beware imo.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 6:54 am    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
tox wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
32 wrote:

True.

Meh, the (insert previous era here) was tougher

Well, to be fair, Kobe faced that as a regularity and I'm sure any Lakers fans would agree with that. I've seen a ton of GSW games and there's no way in hell Steph sees that physicality on a daily basis. Not remotely close.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 6:56 am    Post subject:

xxsicrokerxx wrote:

I don't give OKC credit in stopping Curry. I watched him all year and he's getting the same looks he's had since October, just missing them or timing them incorrectly. The best example might be those shots he keeps taking against Steven Adams (the ones that keep getting blocked). He looks very out-of-rhythm when taking those, almost like a 2K16 player that's shooting at the wrong point of a dribble animation.

Curry's game depends on those split second openings in the defense where he can launch his .1 second release shot, but his hand-eye-foot coordination seems off and he's missing that window consistently. Nothing OKC has been doing is taking that split second window away, IMO, Curry just isn't capitalizing on them like he used to.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 6:59 am    Post subject:

This is how the Cavs defended Curry last year except they trapped him more. If you switch on Curry and don't jump on pump fakes that drives him off the line, then you have length waiting for him in the lane. You can defend him in a series, it is hard to do it in one game in the regular season
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 437, 438, 439 ... 1010, 1011, 1012  Next
Page 438 of 1012
Jump to: