Kobe >>>>> Steph.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:02 am    Post subject:

I'm not going to read through this entire thread, but damn, if this isn't proof that y'all can make anything and everything about Kobe, I don't know what it is. I don't even know why I'm surprised at this point.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:05 am    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
I'm not going to read through this entire thread, but damn, if this isn't proof that y'all can make anything and everything about Kobe, I don't know what it is. I don't even know why I'm surprised at this point.
There is no doubt that Kobe is the better player overall. Hands down. However, the insecurity levels are at an all time high. Sounds like MJ fans to be honest. Let's call a spade a spade mmmmk?
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:05 am    Post subject:

FromMagicToKobe wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
ringThingDoUrThiNg wrote:
73 wins mean nothing if they dont win it all. No one cares about the Patriots going undefeated now do they? 73 wins and no championship becomes a joke instead of an accomplishment.

No one wil look back and consider ANY team that didnt win it all one of the greatest teams of all time. Mj must be happy.

As far as Kobe v Curry goes....it depends on what you value in a player. If they lose, i see Curry as simply a marksman that benefited from a system. If Curry can pull this one out on HIS back, we can talk again about him being one of the greatest.

Yep, 73-9 means something if you actually follow thru and win the championship.
Now if they get eliminated 73-9 will be something that hangs over their head, fans around the league will use it as ammo to remind them that they couldn't finish when it counted. Just ask Patriots fan how they feel about 18-1.

I don't understand why going 73-9 and getting eliminated is somehow worse than going 56-26 and getting eliminated.

because when you win 73 games and are constantly compared to the 96 Bulls who had the record and who went on to win the title, losing is a major letdown. When you win 56 games, you are a good team but at a historic level like GS has been this season. Also when your owner comes out and says "we're light years ahead of the rest of the league", you BETTER win that title.

i don't even know why Goldenthroat is acting like its so hard to understand. Winning 73 games and getting touted as the best team ever only to lose is a lot worse than winning 56 games and losing. You post the best regular season ever you expect to make the Finals. You win 56 games....teams do that every year. But hey its very hard to understand how one is worse than the other

I'm not arguing that it isn't a greater failure of expectation, I'm arguing that a 73 win season that loses in the playoffs is a better season than a 56 win one that does the same. I don't know how to put it more plainly than that.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:07 am    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
KBH wrote:
There is no doubt that Kobe is the better player overall. Hands down. However, the insecurity levels are at an all time high. Sounds like MJ fans to be honest. Let's call a spade a spade mmmmk?

That's what bothers me about this. Laker fans do the same thing to LeBron. It's terribly insecure, and we of all people should know better.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:08 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
KBH wrote:

That's what bothers me about this. Laker fans do the same thing to LeBron. It's terribly insecure, and we of all people should know better.

I think LeBron is better than Kobe.
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:08 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
KBH wrote:

C'est la vie. I hate Lebron but I recognize his skill and his game. I just don't like the guy.

Last edited by Vancouver Fan on Wed May 25, 2016 8:10 am; edited 2 times in total
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:09 am    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
KBH wrote:

I think LeBron is better than Kobe.
You mother (bleep) piece of (bleep)!!!!
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:14 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
KBH wrote:

So, just so I understand...

When a poster makes a "Curry >>> Kobe" thread on the main Lakers board (not the off topic board) which stays up for weeks, in which it was mostly the usual Kobe detractors tearing Kobe down in order to prop Curry up, it's just "regular bball conversation"?

But when a similar thread is made stating the "Kobe >>> Curry" it's "insecurities"?

Sounds to me like it's the Kobe detractors that are the insecure ones on this board and have been desperately searching for a Kobe alternative since the old days.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:14 am    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
KBH wrote:

C'est la vie. I hate Lebron but I recognize his skill and his game. I just don't like the guy.

I think he's kind of a chump too, but also recognize his game.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:22 am    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
KBH wrote:

When a poster makes a "Curry >>> Kobe" thread on the main Lakers board (not the off topic board) which stays up for weeks, in which it was mostly the usual Kobe detractors tearing Kobe down in order to prop Curry up, it's just "regular bball conversation"?

But when a similar thread is made stating the "Kobe >>> Curry" it's "insecurities"?

Sounds to me like it's the Kobe detractors that are the insecure ones on this board and have been desperately searching for a Kobe alternative since the old days.

The fact that a thread titled "Is Steph Curry on the same level as Kobe (in his prime)?" is somehow translated into "Curry>>>Kobe thread" in your mind doesn't exactly disprove my point.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:25 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Batguano wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
KBH wrote:

The fact that a thread titled "Is Steph Curry on the same level as Kobe (in his prime)?" is somehow translated into "Curry>>>Kobe thread" in your mind doesn't exactly disprove my point.

C'mon moderator, that's just technicality. Both threads are basically the same thread arguing the same thing
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:26 am    Post subject:

Kobe of course was better than Steph in his prime, does that diminish Steph nope, the real revelation is that everyone is seeing Westbrook is better than Steph right now and in my opinion should have gotten alot more MVP votes these past 2 years. His year this year was on par of Oscars avg a triple double for a season
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:28 am    Post subject:

KBH wrote:

Yeah, typical LG garbage. And some wonder why Laker fans are thought of as dumb. Steph is a fantastic player, only the most insecure and obtuse can't live with that idea and they have to compare everything to Kobe. That is you batguano. Mr. Insecurity. As a long time Laker fan, you embarrass me.
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:39 am    Post subject:

Kobe is the GOAT !
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:41 am    Post subject:

I think comparing Steph to Kobe is fair game. For starters, both have bum ankles.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:46 am    Post subject:

How someone believes that a player that can't even defend his own position should be compared to Kobe is just beyond me man...

Westbrook is treating Steph as if he were a woman. It literally looks like Westbrook is playing against a WNBA player. If I were Westbrook, I'd be doing the same to Steph. Treating him like doesn't even matter. It's the same thing that Shaq used to do to smaller guys. Beat the crap out of them.

I've been telling people for years... You can believe in Rainbow Bright hoops if you want... Eventually, you are gonna have to fight. All that happy three point shooting and fancy layup circus crap doesn't mean a thing when your heart is being ripped out of your chest and force fed to you.

I am a Lakers fan... All this Steph love is ridiculous. I rep that Purp and Gold till death. Screw everyone and everything else.

I can't believe some of you are comparing that little sunshine baller to Kobe. Ridiculous!!!!
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:46 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
KBH wrote:

Yeah, typical LG garbage. And some wonder why Laker fans are thought of as dumb. Steph is a fantastic player, only the most insecure and obtuse can't live with that idea and they have to compare everything to Kobe. That is you batguano. Mr. Insecurity. As a long time Laker fan, you embarrass me.

Because I'm the one that made the "Curry vs Kobe" thread midseason on a LAKERS message board, right...?

Good thing I don't live for your approval. Get off your high horse, Mr. Pretentious.
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:48 am    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
How someone believes that a player that can't even defend his own position should be compared to Kobe is just beyond me man...

Westbrook is treating Steph as if he were a woman. It literally looks like Westbrook is playing against a WNBA player. If I were Westbrook, I'd be doing the same to Steph. Treating him like doesn't even matter. It's the same thing that Shaq used to do to smaller guys. Beat the crap out of them.

I've been telling people for years... You can believe in Rainbow Bright hoops if you want... Eventually, you are gonna have to fight. All that happy three point shooting and fancy layup circus crap doesn't mean a thing when your heart is being ripped out of your chest and force fed to you.

I am a Lakers fan... All this Steph love is ridiculous. I rep that Purp and Gold till death. Screw everyone and everything else.

I can't believe some of you are comparing that little sunshine baller to Kobe. Ridiculous!!!!

Careful, you'll embarrass Papa Ventura.
FromMagicToKobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:49 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
FromMagicToKobe wrote:
Oh yeah, because Kobe's reign and Curry's "reign" are just totally one in the same. Kobe won 5 rings and people still tried to discredit him. How is that comparable at all to Curry??? OKC is the first healthy contender they've even faced in the last 2 years.

I'm not arguing the point on the basis of longevity. Of course Curry doesn't have Kobe's longevity. I'm arguing the notion that he hasn't had one of the greatest individual seasons in NBA history.

Quote:
LOL why do you keep bringing up other greats in relation to Curry? Magic in 84? By '84 Magic had already put up a top 3 clutch performance EVER in the 1980 finals. Magic had 2 titles and went to 4 Finals by 1984. His resume didn't consist of 2 great seasons and a ring against a completely depleted playoff field. Magic actually changed the game, unlike the hype Warriors who apparently were going to change basketball forever, but can't beat a team who has 2 ball hogs and is getting outperformed by a guy who advance stat lovers love to call "Westbrick" yeah ok. 23-10-8 all year and everybody just trashes him and said KD should leave OKC because of him.

Again, not arguing on the basis on longevity, but let's not act like Curry hasn't had clutch performances of his own prior to this year.

But I get it now...it's the enmity against "advanced stats" that's a big part of this, I hadn't considered that. "Westbrick" had the second best BPM in NBA, there's plenty of advanced stat love for him.

LOL at Sam Presti's team is the team that the anti-analytics crowd is hanging their hat on. That's incredible.

The analytics crowd are the ones who are hating talking down on Westbrook and KD, so don't bring Sam Presti into it LOL. You thought Steph was really that much better than everyone else, just admit it
FromMagicToKobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:56 am    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
KBH wrote:

Yup. These guys really wanted to hold Curry up as their champion of "playing the right way" and loved the thought of the Warriors being this hub of basketball euphoria via Silicon Valley geniuses. Just a bunch of hype, never even beat one healthy contender in the playoffs. All these Curry lovers were calling Westbrook "Westbrick" not too long ago but don't want to admit it now. Russ is shooting 41% in the playoffs and 42% in this series but he's crapping all over Steph...KD is shooting 43% for the playoffs....i thought that style of ball can't win because Steph changed basketball forever????
FromMagicToKobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:59 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
KBH wrote:

lol even on this forum a few months ago it was taboo to say Bron was still better than Curry. Dude's here couldn't take it. Put Bron on the Dubs and see if they're down 3-1 though
thurloly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:01 am    Post subject:

For me, Curry is just...well, small. Just put up a better size, strength, weight, or speed player on him, and teams can slow down Curry. Curry relies on his shooting ability, which I still believe that he is one of the best shooters in NBA history. Kobe doesn't have this glaring weakness, and he is a better defender than Curry.

IMO, Kobe is a better player overall. However, the gap between them is not huge at all.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:02 am    Post subject:

Eh, Steph is all that, but he's not immune from injury, or even a dry spell.

You could argue:

1. A population of one championship is not necessarily conclusive of anything, pro or con of analytics.

2. That the talent of GS (like almost all other championship teams) was built around the talent of one superstar. Analytics or not, when that superstar is not playing well the team suffers.

3. Jump shooting teams can hit dry streaks, and might even be prone to dry streaks in a given postseason set of games. Note the use of the word, "set" and not "series". For the record, even the notion of a dry spell is quite possibly illusory.

Any other conclusion is just unsupported opinion. It doesn't prove or disprove analytics.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:13 am    Post subject:

FromMagicToKobe wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
FromMagicToKobe wrote:
Oh yeah, because Kobe's reign and Curry's "reign" are just totally one in the same. Kobe won 5 rings and people still tried to discredit him. How is that comparable at all to Curry??? OKC is the first healthy contender they've even faced in the last 2 years.

I'm not arguing the point on the basis of longevity. Of course Curry doesn't have Kobe's longevity. I'm arguing the notion that he hasn't had one of the greatest individual seasons in NBA history.

Quote:
LOL why do you keep bringing up other greats in relation to Curry? Magic in 84? By '84 Magic had already put up a top 3 clutch performance EVER in the 1980 finals. Magic had 2 titles and went to 4 Finals by 1984. His resume didn't consist of 2 great seasons and a ring against a completely depleted playoff field. Magic actually changed the game, unlike the hype Warriors who apparently were going to change basketball forever, but can't beat a team who has 2 ball hogs and is getting outperformed by a guy who advance stat lovers love to call "Westbrick" yeah ok. 23-10-8 all year and everybody just trashes him and said KD should leave OKC because of him.

Again, not arguing on the basis on longevity, but let's not act like Curry hasn't had clutch performances of his own prior to this year.

But I get it now...it's the enmity against "advanced stats" that's a big part of this, I hadn't considered that. "Westbrick" had the second best BPM in NBA, there's plenty of advanced stat love for him.

LOL at Sam Presti's team is the team that the anti-analytics crowd is hanging their hat on. That's incredible.

The analytics crowd are the ones who are hating talking down on Westbrook and KD, so don't bring Sam Presti into it LOL. You thought Steph was really that much better than everyone else, just admit it

Then you're misappropriating who the "analytics crowd" are. The analytics by and large love both of them. The guy who drafted them and assembled that entire OKC team is one of the foremost basketball analytics guys in the world, and I'm pretty sure he's fond of those two. lol

I still think Curry's the best player in the world, because I'm not a prisoner of the moment. A very talented team is playing the best basketball of their lives at exactly the right time. It happens. I seem to remember your boy LeBron losing to a Dallas Mavericks team who's 2nd best player was Tyson Chandler when he had 2 future HOFers in their prime next to him. Should he be judged disproportionately off of that?
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:20 am    Post subject:

This thread should be called Playoff Kobe >>>>>>> Playoff Steph.

Nobody can argue against that.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 7 of 26
Jump to: