Official 2016 NBA Playoff Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 439, 440, 441 ... 1010, 1011, 1012  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:37 am    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Replace Curry with LeBron and the media would have a field day LOL

to be fair, LeBron's team lost 2 straight game to a lesser team and no media hate
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:39 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
No, Steph Curry doesn't look like himself. I've attributed it to nagging injuries, in particular his ankles have always been tricky. But we're also seeing the age-old criticism of jump shooting teams in the postseason, that sometimes the team just collectively tightens up and can't hit from outside.
Thank you. Nice to see a reasonable take. Or you could just be making excuses and spinning the (bleep) out of it.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:40 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

to be fair, LeBron's team lost 2 straight game to a lesser team and no media hate

That's cuz they hating on K-Love and Kyrie ... about time!
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:42 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
https://streamable.com/civk

Poor Klay.

Dude was lit!...in the lockerroom post game.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:47 am    Post subject:

Russell1 wrote:
This is how the Cavs defended Curry last year except they trapped him more. If you switch on Curry and don't jump on pump fakes that drives him off the line, then you have length waiting for him in the lane. You can defend him in a series, it is hard to do it in one game in the regular season

We did it.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:05 am    Post subject:

I'd be happier about this if I believed that OKC could actually get past LeBron and Co.

OKC has been his personal (bleep) for years.

If they can then yes this is awesome

Otherwise its yet another ring for LeBron

I guess I can't complain too much I saw Manning win a ring at the end can't be too greedy and expect LeBron to lose another Finals...
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:05 am    Post subject:

What Curry has done the last couple of seasons has been amazing because the shots he is taking have such a low margin for error.

Now it seems like he is coming back to earth a bit, all of the sudden he is mortal and some of those shots now maybe are "bad" shots as he is a bit off and you have to be perfect when you are shooting from 25-30 feet out.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:08 am    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
governator wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

That's cuz they hating on K-Love and Kyrie ... about time!

yea man, deservedly so. At least Kyrie bounced back at game 4. Whatever happened to K.Love the rebounding machine. He can't even shot open 3s anymore. I thought being a 2nd/3rd string to a Lebron team would be perfect for him
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:12 am    Post subject:

So, where are the excuses for Mr. Unanimous? Jesus Christ, this team wins 1 title and all of the sudden it's the model for success in the nba. People here (you know who you are) starting (bleep) threads asking if the Lakers could be The Warriors South. Turning Russell into Curry, Randle into Green, Luke into Kerr. Hell, change the Lakers unis to blue and have the logo be the 6th Street Bridge.

Oh, and ESPN LA is on suicide watch. God forbid they talk about the Lakers, Doyers, or Rams if the Dubs get eliminated. There will be nothing to talk about!!! AAAAHHHH!!
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:20 am    Post subject:

I do believe Steph Curry is hurt but at the same time I also believe they ran into a team that's fully healthy and a bad matchup for them. They wished they had the Spurs instead.

The Warriors are the shiny new toy along with Curry and now its losing some of its luster its time to pile on.

The Warriors were very lucky to even win the title last season to begin with.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:23 am    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
I do believe Steph Curry is hurt but at the same time I also believe they ran into a team that's fully healthy and a bad matchup for them. They wished they had the Spurs instead.

The Warriors are the shiny new toy along with Curry and now its losing some of its luster its time to pile on.

The Warriors were very lucky to even win the title last season to begin with.

Nothing wrong with being lucky.

They are still the champions.

Lakers and other teams have had their share of luck to win.
Deathstroke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:24 am    Post subject:

OKC is reminding me of a mix between the 2011 Mavs and 2004 Pistons. They've caught fire on both ends of the court at the perfect time and are playing with a sense of urgency that wins championships.
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:28 am    Post subject:

Deathstroke wrote:
OKC is reminding me of a mix between the 2011 Mavs and 2004 Pistons. They've caught fire on both ends of the court at the perfect time and are playing with a sense of urgency that wins championships.

Agreed. It's that team that comes along every few years that's on a mission and everyone forgets about.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:28 am    Post subject:

OKC needs to stay hungry to finish off this meal tomorrow.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:30 am    Post subject:

Deathstroke wrote:

If they are able to get by San Antonio, Golden State and say Cleveland, that will be one of the great playoff runs of all time, no doubt about it.
Deathstroke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:33 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:

If they are able to get by San Antonio, Golden State and say Cleveland, that will be one of the great playoff runs of all time, no doubt about it.

Yeah, as far as strength of schedule goes it would be the greatest playoff run ever. 67 win team, 73 win team, and then 57 win team. Hopefully they pull it off because KD is 3-13 vs Lebron including 2012 finals.
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:41 am    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:
So, where are the excuses for Mr. Unanimous? Jesus Christ, this team wins 1 title and all of the sudden it's the model for success in the nba. People here (you know who you are) starting (bleep) threads asking if the Lakers could be The Warriors South. Turning Russell into Curry, Randle into Green, Luke into Kerr. Hell, change the Lakers unis to blue and have the logo be the 6th Street Bridge.

Oh, and ESPN LA is on suicide watch. God forbid they talk about the Lakers, Doyers, or Rams if the Dubs get eliminated. There will be nothing to talk about!!! AAAAHHHH!!

the hate is strong with this one
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:45 am    Post subject:

Fruscas wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:

I didn't mind this team at all before. You can check my posts. It wasn't until this place was starting to turn into WarriorsGRound.net
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:49 am    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:
Fruscas wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:

I didn't mind this team at all before. You can check my posts. It wasn't until this place was starting to turn into WarriorsGRound.net

There were so many defensive about the Warriors and Curry when people would make any doubtful or negative remakes. That'll make tides turn quick.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:52 am    Post subject:

Westbrook is (bleep) insane. He's the only one right now with that Kobe-esque drive, like a maniac.

Too bad that if the Thunder goes to the Finals he won't leave next year.
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:01 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Westbrook is (bleep) insane. He's the only one right now with that Kobe-esque drive, like a maniac.

Too bad that if the Thunder goes to the Finals he won't leave next year.

they won't leave anyway. They would've had to of been eliminated in the previous rounds to cause speculation.
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:03 am    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:
Fruscas wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:

What's so bad about admiring an all time great team? The numbers tell it, not my subjective opinion
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:05 am    Post subject:

Fruscas wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:
Fruscas wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:

What's so bad about admiring an all time great team? The numbers tell it, not my subjective opinion

This is why some people will be happy if they get finished off tomorrow.
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:06 am    Post subject:

I can see the Thunder losing 3 straight. Warriors have 2 games at home where they are godly. They just need that game 6 in OKC.

I cannot trust OKC until proven wrong. So erratic with their play.
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:10 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Fruscas wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:
Fruscas wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:

This is why some people will be happy if they get finished off tomorrow.

You either ignore the numbers or i don't know, maybe you're just a hater too. But if you really really want, maybe i can link you to some numbers that unequivocally prove that they're an all time great team, cause the metrics by which the all time greats are measured are pretty much crushed by their team, outside of the 96 bulls.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 439, 440, 441 ... 1010, 1011, 1012  Next
Page 440 of 1012
Jump to: